Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here and now. And where she was before, with whom she was, doesn’t matter in the slightest. [/B][/I]
Now, she is with me, here, among you. With me and no one else. That’s what I’m thinking about; thinking about her, all the time, feeling the scent of her perfume and the warmth of her body. And you can choke on the envy.
Time of Contempt: Andrzej Sapkowski
:envy:
:sadtriss:

That really wasn't directed at Triss, but to all the other sorceress in the gathering in Thanned when he realized they were gonna read his thoughts and he wanted to mess with their heads.

Book Geralt would never do something to upset Triss, he cared a great deal about her, just not in the way she wanted.

That really wasn't directed at Triss, but to all the other sorceress in the gathering in Thanned when he realized they were gonna read his thoughts and he wanted to mess with their heads.

Book Geralt would never do something to upset Triss, he cared a great deal about her, just not in the way she wanted.

I know books Redemyr - it was "ironic" comment nothing more....please don't take offence :)

- In the last wish quest when Yen bites Geralt when they kiss, after that she says: "It can't be all sweetness and light" (Yen is soooooo romantic) :D
I'm not sure if I'm understanding this point correctly so forgive me if I'm off. Is the "sooooooo romantic" sarcastic? Because I always took that as Yennefer being the kinky one. Love bites are awesome.

I also don't understand the whole "Choose the one who gives you a good future not the one who gave you a good past" thing in regards to meaning Triss is the only choice. You've seen that Geralt and Yennefer can still be in love and perfectly functional (when they work together, etc.) 20+ years into a relationship and they're still keeping things fresh and sexy with a mutual understanding. You haven't seen at all how Geralt and Triss will be 20+ years in. No long term relationship is ever the same as it was when it first started. I think that statement used the way it is completely misunderstands the nature of relationships and how they can change people. If anything, it supports Geralt/Yennefer, especially if you add Ciri to the equation. The Geralt/Triss relationship can easily go either way and while that statement could apply to them, it could just as easily not apply at all. But hey, opinions, video game choices, etc. :eek:kay:

Last edited:

It's not about Triss character given us by CDPR, but about Geralt's thoughts and feelings in books. And yes, Geralt never could harm Triss, and, as Yen's knows, Triss is absolutily aware of this and feel strong, like a child who knows dady will never scold her (I saw her this way reading Sapkowski novels). Yes, Triss is in love, or better said, infatuated with Geralt. And as she knows he'll never love her as he loves Yen she use spells and the weakeness moment in Geralt's life for reach what she knows belongs to her bestfriend: ,Yen... Well, maybe I'm wrong with this interpretations of facts and I was wrong thinking Sapkowski wrote both women were bestfriend each other until Geralt appears.

You can tell me that in games, after 5 years she's grown (really, Geralt feel something strong for a sorceress, but CDPR make Triss let him get wrong... again), you can tell me she help him to find Yen in games (with a rose of rememberance od true love which dryed few days later, as CDPR write in TW2). OK, players are free to choose her character, rules of the game :), but don't bash Yen's character of her memories or what she was in Geralt's life, just for have a valid excuse of this choice.

Personally, the more I've replayed all 3 games, with the hype for the new games faded away, with the serenity of playing all playthrought possibles, the more I replayed the more I see how CDPR dev Team replace Triss' character in the same spot she is in books. A very good and loved Geralt's friend but keeping all the old defaults alive, just that now she can hide them a little better, even to herself.

But, it's agame, and all these words are little piece of my opinion ;)

Last edited:
True love is always only one.
It's just like a masterpiece palace.

If you want - you can decorate it with beautiful pictures, sculptures, gardens and make it even more astonishing.
Or If you want - you can break it. Try to build something new. But it will be just a copy above the previous substructure.

Both ways you can try in the game.
Do you want to be a decorator or an architect? Your choice.

For me breaking the palace is an act of vandalism even if you think that can build something better.

Does anyone know that there were released Witcher comics in the early 90s?

I like them - here is examples from the Last Wish....click on the pics for a little bit bigger version

OMG, I want one so badly now... :ugh: Thanks for sharing!

--------------------

By the way, I was talking to a friend a few minutes ago and we noticed something having read the books and seen many fan arts. Don't you think Yennefer looks like a bit gypsy? ;D

Last edited:
To drop the tension built up by arguments, let's take a look at what's happening in "A Shard of Ice" meanwhile...

So uhh... I was thinking...
I wanted to make it simple tonight... maybe I just kiss you and... then we go to bed and make love?

Oh Geralt please, you could be far more creative than that you know! Uhh, maybe we could try the unicorn again, hmm?

:what: Please no! I still can't feel my back after I fell from that thing yesterday! Even Swallow didn't help me...

Alright, calm down darling. How about we make love on a balcony for everyone to see? Hmm, exciting!

:areukiddingme: Uh you see... in spite of everything you might've heard about me I never really was an exhibitionist...

Okay. Pardon me, I forgot you were such a casual. If balcony feels too public for you, how about a slope of a roof?

:geraltsad: Yen why are you doing this to me... You know I hate heights.
You know I almost threw up when you forced me to make love thirty fathoms above the ground while we levitated...

Hmm, I see your point. So nothing too public and we can't even be high above the ground?
Shame, these two excite me the most!

:facepalm2::facepalm2::facepalm2:

Anyways, I need some adrenaline for sure. If we can't use a rooftop... what about...
You see that bridge over there? And the small rivulet streaming swiftly beneath it?

What if we used our canoe and made love on the rushing stream?

:yawn: Why do you always have to make everything so complicated Yen?
Two days ago we fucked on a dead tree... Now on a canoe?

Oh look! Tiger is finally showing his claws! Good, keep going my love, get mad at me, you know it turns me on the most.

:geraltthatsgood:You got me. Since you mentioned that bridge, do you see the railing on it? How about I bend you over that?

Uhh... That's a brilliant idea Geralt! I'm glad you finally decided to take some initiative! I can't wait, let us be on our way...

Last edited:
True love is always only one.
It's just like a masterpiece palace.

If you want - you can decorate it with beautiful pictures, sculptures, gardens and make it even more astonishing.
Or If you want - you can break it. Try to build something new. But it will be just a copy above the previous substructure.

Both ways you can try in the game.
Do you want to be a decorator or an architect? Your choice.

For me breaking the palace is an act of vandalism even if you think that can build something better.

The idea of one true love is silly imo.

If the palace is lost, there's no reason you can't start to build something new elsewhere and choose it over rebuilding the re-discovered ruin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom