Special Visual Effects at low fps while the rest of the games is at high.

+
Im also testing it, there really is a progression until you reach full frame glitch. I got a save that in real time the effects looks smooth, but in slow motion not. So I let it afk and after a couple of hours the bug was fully triggered, I think that after you get it on wheel sign slow motion, it is down hill for the game graphic effects quality, and Im not very optimist for the patch 1.07 to fix it, or anytime, since not many people seem to be able to notice the bug

Im also testing it, there really is a progression until you reach full frame glitch. I got a save that in real time the effects looks smooth, but in slow motion not. So I let it afk and after a couple of hours the bug was fully triggered, I think that after you get it on wheel sign slow motion, it is down hill for the game graphic effects quality, and Im not very optimist for the patch 1.07 to fix it, or anytime, since not many people seem to be able to notice the bug

Interesting. I will say that my game has felt like the same degree of visual malfunction for a while now. Has not "gotten worse" since I started noticing it, as far as I can remember. But then, I never used the slow mo during sign wheel to observe the effect. So I do not think it will get any worse for you or anyone who is just noticing they have it.

---------- Updated at 05:43 PM ----------

You can have as many Manual Saves as you want.
I have ~ 1200 Skyrim saves, too... :yes (and several hundreds Morrowind and Oblivion)

I'm a savegame maniac (still have some Ultima Underworld saves from 1991 ! )

Ahh, manual saves. I haven't used anything other than F5 so far.

Ok this thing is annoying me a lot. And if i start over it'll just happen again at some point.
Damn, i doubt this will be fixed in 1.07, But i'm hopeful.

I'll be sending info to CDPR like Brogan80 said i should.

Rain, snow, fire, signs, foliage, foliage shadows, water particles, water itself and probably even more effects that i don't remember/don't have seen are affected.

Last edited:
---------- Updated at 05:38 PM ----------

adding this as well. It's almost like the effects are loaded and run twice at the same time...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzFGaiTD3X3ySk5qbXZGV082aWs

This is how my water looks, too, but my framerates are 70-80. Bushes and trees look awfully jittery as well.

---------- Updated at 12:59 AM ----------

But what is known is that once it's triggered, you have it for the rest of your game. You can't go somewhere to "get rid of it'. I personally didn't notice it until I got to Skellige.

All of my autosaves had the graphics bug described in this thread. I had a manual save that was free of the issue, but I lost about 18 hours of progress.

I'll be doing a hell of a lot more manual saves from now on...

I sent a full report to CDPR...

So who else thinks this might be one of the pc issues holding up 1.07?

I hope so, I have stopped playing waiting for this...

BTW, could it be triggerd for the use of Mods? I use some cosmetic ones, like changing the appearance of some armors, and Hair Works on everything but Geralt. Also Reshad to enhance gfx.

I don't use any mods. And btw, I'm still on version 1.5 (GOG)
Let's hope they fix this, but I'm not sure they'll do it : it only occurs on PC (I guess), few people even notice it, and many are doing multiple playthroughs (so they are maybe less annoyed by this bug which "disappears" when you start a new game). CDPR hasn't acknowledged it yet. Not a good sign.

I saw a report of this bug on XONE forum, so it may not be a PC only glitch

Anyone notice that the glitch gets introduced during or just after dialog cut scenes? I have been monitoring this closely, and for me, the cut scenes are the culprit.

UPDATE

1.07 actually restored a file that had the glitch! Well done CDPR and many thanks!

Last edited:
1.07 out on Steam and GOG.

Let's see if they were able to do anything with our game files, boys.

---------- Updated at 12:54 PM ----------

YUP!

THEY FIXED IT!

Seriously, are you guys not amazed they were able to fix this?

I mean, we got little to no feedback (at least I didn't) after sending in game files over the last few weeks. There was no further comment on this after a RED rep stated they knew about it. And they already had SO much stuff already posted for the patch. I just DID NOT expect them to fix this for 1.07

I was 100% expecting to have to slog my way through that jittery mess until the next patch.

So cool.

Seriously, are you guys not amazed they were able to fix this?

I certainly did not expect to fully recover a saved game file that had the issue, but I did. I believed this was a baked-in glitch that rendered the file irretrievably lost. I'm still quite astounded by this!

Top Bottom