Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice post @Kallelinski :like:

Still here are some of my humble opinion

Nobody know this method gonna work at this point of the story, and Yennefer keep secret about it the entire time when she order Eskel, Lambert and Vesemir; nobody like when they are keeping in the dark

And yet ingame Yen show she is "straight to business " type:
-In Vizima, no time for some reunion talk, here is Ciri find her quick, i am off to Skellige <-- Need fix
-Kaer Mohen, teleport, no time to explain my plan (while it only took some hour), here is what you need to do Eskel, Lambert, Vesemir; do as i say and all will be good --> The result is Lambert and Eskel delay "their work", while Vesemir probably said "go plough yourself"

Yennefer apologize to them in the drinking scene right ? Sorry my memory is a little fuzzy. And for me Geralt's bro have the right to distrusting and questioning her, reason above ^

Vesemir, Lambert, Eskel and maybe Geralt don't like watching Trial of grass; but see it is no other choice to find Ciri, he just show his disgust toward the Trial
I understand that Yen didn't want to tell the Witchers that she had to use the Trial of Grasses, but she still should have told them, Vesemir would have put forward his offer sooner, and he could have taken Uma while Geralt was fetch questing for Yen. Plus in the end, delaying only made them despise it more, I think. She didn't give them much time to mull it over and conclude that it's the right decision.

And that's another thing I don't understand, after Kaer Morhen was assaulted, did Vesemir, Eskel and Geralt ( I leave Lambert out because he always hated his life, and his trial) grow a conscience towards the Trial? Because if all witchers were like that, how did they make more of them?

I understand that Yen didn't want to tell the Witchers that she had to use the Trial of Grasses, but she still should have told them, Vesemir would have put forward his offer sooner, and he could have taken Uma while Geralt was fetch questing for Yen. Plus in the end, delaying only made them despise it more, I think. She didn't give them much time to mull it over and conclude that it's the right decision.
We don't know the timing ingame. Maybe it took 1 or 2 days for Geralt, Lambert, Eskel to finish their quest for Yen, in that time Vesemir study UMA. When he decide to take UMA to mountain, all of Yen preparation also finished

And exactly my point, Yen should explain her plan with Geral's bro, I am sure Vesemir will understand and make thing quicker, but is "not explain everything about my plan until the end" is one of Yen's personality ?
And that's another thing I don't understand, after Kaer Morhen was assaulted, did Vesemir, Eskel and Geralt ( I leave Lambert out because he always hated his life, and his trial) grow a conscience towards the Trial? Because if all witchers were like that, how did they make more of them?
The assault in the book right ? (sorry i don't know much)

-From what i know after that Vesemir and 4 Witcher is all that left ? They stop produce more Witcher at this point. From what i see ingame Vesemir, Eskel, Lambert and Geralt grow tired about the trial and don't want to see it again
-And the good reason to not make more Witcher Eskel refer to is what ??? Can you help me ? Thank you

We don't know the timing ingame. Maybe it took 1 or 2 days for Geralt, Lambert, Eskel to finish their quest for Yen, in that time Vesemir study UMA. When he decide to take UMA to mountain, all of Yen preparation also finished

And exactly my point, Yen should explain her plan with Geral's bro, I am sure Vesemir will understand and make thing quicker, but is "not explain everything about my plan until the end" is one of Yen's personality ?

The assault in the book right ? (sorry i don't know much)

-From what i know after that Vesemir and 4 Witcher is all that left ? They stop produce more Witcher at this point. From what i see ingame Vesemir, Eskel, Lambert and Geralt grow tired about the trial and don't want to see it again
-And the good reason to not make more Witcher Eskel refer to is what ??? Can you help me ? Thank you
If it is, it's not a very smart part of her personality.

I don't know if Kaer Morhens assault was in the books, I do know that it was attacked though, peasants swarmed it and killed everyone, Vesemir was the only one who was at Kaer Morhen and survived, Lambert, Geralt and Eskel were doing contracts.

I mean, Eskel, Geralt and Vesemir are the only ones who didn't immediatley hate the trial and witchers in general, like Lambert did, so I wonder why they changed their mind about the Trials, it's referred to a couple times in the book that Geralt said the Trials are horrible, but we never hear Eskel or Vesemir openly oppose the trial until Yen pitches using the trial. Just wondering why Eskel, Vesemir and Geralt (Might be Geralt already hated the trial, only read the first 2 books, so I dunno) pulled a 180 on the Trial's morality.

If it is, it's not a very smart part of her personality.

I don't know if Kaer Morhens assault was in the books, I do know that it was attacked though, peasants swarmed it and killed everyone, Vesemir was the only one who was at Kaer Morhen and survived, Lambert, Geralt and Eskel were doing contracts.

I mean, Eskel, Geralt and Vesemir are the only ones who didn't immediatley hate the trial and witchers in general, like Lambert did, so I wonder why they changed their mind about the Trials, it's referred to a couple times in the book that Geralt said the Trials are horrible, but we never hear Eskel or Vesemir openly oppose the trial until Yen pitches using the trial. Just wondering why Eskel, Vesemir and Geralt (Might be Geralt already hated the trial, only read the first 2 books, so I dunno) pulled a 180 on the Trial's morality.
Maybe because: Vesemir only a fencing teacher and don't know how to produce the mutagen for Trial of Grass ??? But ingame it seem they do it easily

For me i think he know to recreate the trial. But he is only a teacher and see the horror of it, he decide to told every Witcher remain after the assault he doesn't know anything (who like to hear kid screaming beside some mad man ?).

Well but here is Yen's topic right :p

In the last few days I went through the whole thread with almost 700 pages now and picked out any comment by any user, which either had a lot of thanks/points and/or seemed interested enough to be seen by others and especially by you, the developers.

I sorted the comments in categories, but some comments could be used for more than one category, but that shouldn’t be such a problem anyway.

First I want to show the various opinions about Yennefer, the one in the books and the one in the game. What people think of her, what people think about your work, about your game.

Then I have collected quite a few worries and concerns about the whole situation with Yennefer, what wasn’t so good, what could have been better and so on.

And the last will be suggestions, ideas and detailed analyses about how one could maybe improve the game, show Yennefer the way it should be.

I can’t expect that anyone reads everything posted here, 700 pages and counting, so I did, twice and several times to correct mistakes and errors.

So even if you can’t comment on anything related to the Yennefer and/or Ciri content @GingerEffect

Would it be possible to hand over these documents to those who can, to those who can change something, to those who we can reach with our worries, concerns and suggestions?
Despite selecting only good, informative and emotional comments, it’s still a lot, but I tried to make it easy to read and even if one doesn’t read everything, I think it would reassure a lot of people to know that this arrived somewhere, where it could change something, maybe.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B78WZJ66We2kU2xfa0kzQ052ZG8/view?usp=sharing

Probably best to download and view it then, it has bookmarks too.

In the last few days I went through the whole thread with almost 700 pages now and picked out any comment by any user, which either had a lot of thanks/points and/or seemed interested enough to be seen by others and especially by you, the developers.

I sorted the comments in categories, but some comments could be used for more than one category, but that shouldn’t be such a problem anyway.

First I want to show the various opinions about Yennefer, the one in the books and the one in the game. What people think of her, what people think about your work, about your game.

Then I have collected quite a few worries and concerns about the whole situation with Yennefer, what wasn’t so good, what could have been better and so on.

And the last will be suggestions, ideas and detailed analyses about how one could maybe improve the game, show Yennefer the way it should be.

I can’t expect that anyone reads everything posted here, 700 pages and counting, so I did, twice and several times to correct mistakes and errors.

So even if you can’t comment on anything related to the Yennefer and/or Ciri content @GingerEffect

Would it be possible to hand over these documents to those who can, to those who can change something, to those who we can reach with our worries, concerns and suggestions?
Despite selecting only good, informative and emotional comments, it’s still a lot, but I tried to make it easy to read and even if one doesn’t read everything, I think it would reassure a lot of people to know that this arrived somewhere, where it could change something, maybe.

I have no words. You've made a real hard work.
Jeeesus. 283 pages!
It has to be answered.

Thank you, Kallelinski. Again and again.

Last edited:

I think there are too many and get a bit repetitive. I just finish quick read the part suggestion, ideas and hopes, long comment; no this is too long, you should keep some main susgestion and idea only, this can make the dev more eagerly to read though your file (just my opinion ;))

You're the hero we need, and one that Witcher 3 and Yen deserve.

Massive respect and thanks for your work and passion.

Let me say this to Dijsktra, who dares to question my decision, who dares to tell me what is right or wrong.
This was really strange, considering he was on Thanedd banquet and definitely saw Geralt kissing Yen in front of everyone. Now all of the sudden he's lecturing Geralt about his decisions.

Overall I agree with pretty much everything you've said and I appreciate time and effort you've put into first post.

Reading interesting discussion about Yennefer on Steam Community forum

random gamer:
My issue with Yen isn't that she's a ♥♥♥♥♥, its that she's a ♥♥♥♥♥ toward geralt, hardly shows him any affection, she treats geralt like trash from start to finish, and never a moment where i felt any connection between yen and geralt... i realize he's suppose to end up with yen but for ♥♥♥♥ sake... its like they set out to cram her down your throat while at the same time making her meaniest nastiest woman in the whole series toward geralt.

there in lies my problem... it is how she treats geralt, and never any love or affection between them... ever in fact seems quite the opposite from my stand point, meanwhile Triss actually knows how to show affection, hoe to be loving yet serious and stern when needed. She can be flirty and joke around, but is a definate attraction between them and its from both sides.

I never ever got the affection side of yen... because treat me like a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ and i'll return the favor... frankly i am sad was no option to stick a knife into yen... how bad i hated her by the end of the game.

book reader comment:
I actually feel the complete opposite. Between Triss and her, I feel like Yen is the one that shows the most genuine form of affection. Her almost non-existant manners and sassy personality may mask her affection towards Geralt but you also must consider the circumstances she's under. Ciri, pretty much the closest thing to a daughter that she could get, is missing and now there are leads pointing to her return. Her goal now is to find her daughter and nothing will get in the way of that. Because of her anxiety towards her goal to find Ciri, we see Yen throughout the game as acting "♥♥♥♥♥y" or "rude" towards others and even her lover, Geralt.

On certain occasions though, we can see how she truly feels towards Geralt. For example, if you tell her that you don't "feel the magic" anymore after The Last Wish quest, she looks absolutely devastated and can't believe it. There are numerous other non-specific moments where you can see Yen just look at Geralt and smile without saying a word. Once you do find Ciri, and you all re-unite at Kaer Morhen, she is finally relieved of her anxiety. She hugs Ciri remarking about how beautiful she's grown then just stares at Geralt. Before he can really say anything, she immediatly gives him a big kiss (one of my favorite moments in this game :D)

If you succesfully romance her, she sneaks back into Geralts tent. She she worries that he might not return and tell's him how all she wants is to give up her life of scheming and politics to live with him forever. I hardly see how she "hardly shows him any affection" as you state.

Woah @Kallelinski, that is one hell of a well put together and thought out document! I take my hat off to you! I'm blown away by your and everyone on this thread's passion, it's awesome.

Soo, first few pages and bam.

Wohoo !
Thats awesome :like:
You put really much effort in your work....my respect for this !

And WB @Scholdarr.452

And still so much left to read....^^

Browsing ebay just found out this:

YENNEFER OF VENGERBERG'S PERFUME

Hehe, nice present Idea :thumbsup:

Mkay, missed a few nice discussions and one funny one ;]

The problem is that many times Yen's being shit on for the same things that in a male character would be often considered as a strong trait, e.g. being bossy.

/sign

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom