Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good short story translated by a fan. "Something Ends, Something Begins".
Cool story. Especially for "team Yen" :D
http://witcher.gamepedia.com/Fan_translation_of_Something_Ends,_Something_Begins

All fell silent and then cried out loudly. In the door of the chapel appeared the king Herwig, soaking wet,
but whole. Next to him stood a bareheaded youngster in a strange shining armour. Behind them entered Ciri, water tricking down from her, she was all muddy, dishevelled, with Gevir in her hand. Her face was gashed
from temple to chin. From beneath the sleeve, ripped from the shirt, blood rushed out.

"Ciri!!!"
"I killed it," said the girl witcher in a weak voice. "I split its skull."
She quailed and so Geralt, Eskel and Dandelion caught her and supported her. But she didn't let go of her sword.
"Again..." moaned the bard.
"Again she caught it straight in her face... Why must she have such a damn bad luck..."

Yennefer shrieked loudly, pushed away Jarre, who was only standing in the way with just one hand, and grabbed Ciri. The sorceress didn't even look about the muddy water and blood staining and damaging her dress, put her fingers on the girl witcher's face and shouted an incantation. It seemed to Geralt that the whole castle shook and the sun darkened for a second. Yennefer moved her hands away from Ciri's face and everybody sighed in wonder. The ugly gash pulled back into a thin red scar, hemmed with several small drops of blood. Ciri stayed hanging
in the arms that held her.

"Excellent," said Dorregaray. "A Master's hand is known."
"Congratulations, Yen," said Triss quietly and Nenneke started crying.
Yennefer smiled, rolled her eyes and fainted. Geralt managed to catch her before she slid down on the floor like
a soft silk ribbon.

Last edited:
They only real disadvantage of Russian version (except English version-timing) is Ciri's voice. Really annoying.

But Yennefer is close to ideal. I like English Yen but Russian voice actor seems fell in love with her character, she really feels Yen.
The huge bouqet of emotions and great collaboration with Yen's gesture.
Angry Yen, rude Yen, sad Yen, happy Yen, tender Yen - all of it.

Last edited:
They only real disadavantage of Russian version (except English version-timing) is Ciri's voice. Really annoying.

But Yennefer is close to ideal. I like English Yen but Russian voice actor seems fell in love with her character, she really feels Yen.
The huge bouqet of emotions and great collaboration with Yen's gesture.
Angry Yen, rude Yen, sad Yen, happy Yen, tender Yen - all of it.

This.Ciri's voice is SUPER annoying in the Russian version but i suppose it kinda fits her character.

The only real disadavantage of Witcher 3 is Ciri. Really annoying.

FTFY

Yennefer's Russian voice acting is the only reason why my second playthrough was in Russian. It's a lot better than any other version, English and Polish included. Tatyana Shitova really killed it in every aspect. Exactly how I would imagine Yennefer's voice when I was reading the books.

Last edited:
The Dark Past

http://tundr4.deviantart.com/

She came to, and groaned in pain. Both of her forearms and wrists ached like crazy. She mechanically fumbled around and noticed several layers of bandages. She groaned again, without words, desperate.

With regret that this was not a dream. And regretting to have not succeeded.

'It did not work,' Tissaia de Vries said, sitting next to the bed.

Yennefer wanted a drink, something to wet her sticky lips. But she did not ask. Her pride would not allow it.

'It did not work,' said Tissaia de Vries. 'But not because you did not try. You cut yourself deeply and accurately.
Therefore, I am now with you. If you did not mean it seriously, if it was just a ridiculous, bogus exhibition, I have only contempt for you. But you cut yourself deep. Seriously.'

Yennefer numbly stared at the ceiling.

'I will take care of you, girl I think you are worth it. I'll work with you here. It will not be easy. I have to straighten the spine and flatten the hump. But I also have to treat those hands. When you cut your veins, you severed tendons. And the hands of a sorceress are a very important instrument, Yennefer.'

Moister on her lips. Water.

'You'll live,' said Tissaia factually, seriously, even severe.

'Your time is yet to come. But when it arrives, you'll remember this day.'

Yennefer eagerly suck moisture from a stick wrapped in a wet dressing.

'I'll take care of you,' echoed Tissaia de Vries, touching her hair gently. 'And now... We're here alone, without witnesses.
Not one is looking at us, and I'm not going to say anything to anyone. Cry, girl. Pour it all out. Make it your last cry.

Starting now you will never cry.

There is nothing more pathetic than a sorceress in tears.'

Last edited:
Done. 289 pages. Download it for bookmarks.

I also updated the first post

That's it, i am done.

Time to read the last dozen pages :D

OMG thanks really wow what an update - you put there parts from World of Witcher and Art Book..LOVE IT!!!! Thank you.

Btw. Dandelion got it right:
Geralt and the sorceress Yennefer, his greatest love, first met during our next adventure—one that began with a sequence of events so unlikely, so unbelievable, that you will no doubt accuse me of overindulging in poetic license, or perhaps strong drink.

:envy:<----did I say already that I like this "envy" icon so much? :D

---------- Updated at 07:29 PM ----------

Am I the only one who thinks that Priscilla's song is ... not that good? The text is ok but the melody? I don't know...

I mean it served for its purpose within the game. But beyond that it's just ok at best.:wub:

I really like Wolven Storm but regarding Yennefer - I LOVE Yennefer's kiss from Grzegorz Ciechowski
(this song is the best thing from the TV series btw.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom