patch 1.07 - Did I just screw my death march achievement?

+
patch 1.07 - Did I just screw my death march achievement?

After hours of 1.07 play I went into the options menu to remove the tutorials, and I noticed the difficulty was set to "Just the story", when I had been playing on death march for the first 20 levels...

Did this ruin my chance at getting the death march achievement???!!!!

/e just checked, and all my saves are indeed set to "just the story".

/e2 Version 1.07, Xbox 1, Instant-on = activated

Last edited:
OMG I hope that's not the case. *facepalm* that would be terrible if 1.07 caused that problem.

Last edited:
So you play for some stupid achievements, lmao ... really?

:facepalm2:

Not exclusively... I did already finish the game once though, and I found the achievements to be a rather fun component of my second play through. And I can't help but feel disappointed/frustrated by this bug. But thanks for addressing my concerns in a constructive way, I really appreciate it.

Guest 3841733

It doesn't matter because achievements don't work with patch 1.07 anyway, so the accidental setting to "story" doesn't mean anything :)

It doesn't matter because achievements don't work with patch 1.07 anyway, so the accidental setting to "story" doesn't mean anything :)

Except you know, he would have to start the game completely over because Death March achievement requires you to NOT alter the difficulty. This is what he is talking about.

1.07 is a horrible patch

But if anyone were to play only for achievements, that would be just sad ..

I play to complete my games. I like the satisfaction of getting everything the game has to offer. Makes me feel like i've accomplished everything. I treat achievements kind of like secondary sidequests to games, I like to make sure I complete them all.

I play to complete my games. I like the satisfaction of getting everything the game has to offer. Makes me feel like i've accomplished everything. I treat achievements kind of like secondary sidequests to games, I like to make sure I complete them all.

I see, for me the game is much more than just achievements.
I play for for joy, do quests, because i like them
explore the world, because it's simply beautiful
kill monsters, because its awsome
enjoy in the gameplay that i like, and so on :)
but if i get an achievement at it, i don't mind, otherwise i don't really care

I hope that doesn't happen to me. I just got to Novigrad on my second playthrough and I really don't want to repeat those first 40 hours in White Orchard/Velen again.

Ugh, that sucks. I hope this is an isolated case. I'm 185 hours in to my first play through, have been Death March the whole time.

@UUltra You're right, it's ridiculous that every patch brakes something that worked before ... trust me achievements tempt me also but I try and stay away from them :D

Hope you have a savegame prior 1.07, it's weird you didn't notice the difficulty change .. maybe it was just the story from the beginning :D

So you play for some stupid achievements, lmao ... really?

:facepalm2:

They're completionist players so "really".
For the OP: I think you've screwed your achievement because Death March achievement requires NO difficulty changes.

@UUltra You're right, it's ridiculous that every patch brakes something that worked before ... trust me achievements tempt me also but I try and stay away from them :D

Hope you have a savegame prior 1.07, it's weird you didn't notice the difficulty change .. maybe it was just the story from the beginning :D

I didn't notice until I read this thread /threads/53350-Difficulty-randomly-resets-to-quot-Just-the-Story-quot-after-1-07-update-(Xbox-One)
I'm level 25 doing level 15-19 quests; I have just done low level Skellige quests and contracts as well as just got to Kaer Morhen and done the heavily cut-scene story missions.

Unfortunately not, but believe me, in the future, I will saving at least one "previous version" save when updating!

And definitely not. I still remember spending a good 10x tries beating that very first group of ghouls in White Orchard; harder than anything I had to do in a full regular difficulty playthrough!

Anyways, I've slept on it, and decided I will just restart death march play through after another patch is released AND reviewed!

I played second time on DeathMarch and decided to get achievements...
Well.. is seems achievements don't work anymore on 1.07. Last achievement I got was Munchkin 5 days ago, before the patch.
However i got a few bugged achievements even before...

A bit of information on-topic: it seems that for me it didn't set the difficulty lower... I still was on deathmarch and i remember checking a few days ago after the patch and it still was deathmarch.
I was on PC.

I guess I won't play another time... I have plenty of saves, I just hope they fix it :)

PS: just finished the main story, and I didn't get any achievements (first playthrough was not on this account). so basically i didn't even get the achievement for finishing the game :(

After hours of 1.07 play I went into the options menu to remove the tutorials, and I noticed the difficulty was set to "Just the story", when I had been playing on death march for the first 20 levels...

Did this ruin my chance at getting the death march achievement???!!!!

/e just checked, and all my saves are indeed set to "just the story".
I was just coming to the end of a Death March play through after Patch 1.07 and double checked the difficulty which was still the same as before for me.

Settings are reset after the patch but that should only effect new games I think. You have to be in the save to see the difficulty slider.

Hope you can sort it. I'm hoping very much that they sort the no achievement bug as I didn't get it when finishing my 300 hour DM play through or some other achievements over the past couple of days.

Whew, after seeing this thread, I went over to my PS4 and checked, mine's all good. I mean, I like how Death March matches the difficulty of the first parts of the game. You need to use oils and decotions to survive, good thing mine didn't switch to the default setting. I would be really upset if I'd have to repeat my 2nd playthrough because it was too easy. The fact that Bloods and Bones was easy enough for me to finish the whole game(plus side quests) for about 17days and 18hrs.

:pride:

Top Bottom