Severe decrease in performance and stability after 1.07

+
I have confirmed beyond all reasonable doubt that it is a problem with the update and it's not related to software on people's machines. so needless to say, it isn't any of the things you suggested.
Did you remote in to verify their installation? :youdontsay:

well after a quick try re-set my graphic option, the game look to run a very little bit better, but just a very very little bit.
It still a game with a utter crap optimization compare to the very average visual tho...

I own this game since the release.. and i still barely played it because of thoses terrific optimization.. instead of poor tweak patch, they should clearly reword their engine... -_-"

Anyway, guess that's still not with that patch that i'am going to really play that game... Damn i regret SO BAD to have bought this "game"....

I have old system and no problems on ultra settings... , frame generation time mostly 10-15ms, very rarely 25-28ms, i thing this kind of optimisation is very good and i know some about optimisation. Now, i'm very curious what hardware do you have.

quoting for reference before the thread is closed:

jesus christ, is this post a parody

it's very obnoxious to go into a thread and tell people that they should solve a bugged update by buying different hardware

literally everything you said is wrong apart from amd having console hardware. you clearly are trying to start a war, and you're not even using true statements to do it. please go away

yoy're right its obvious bullshit.

Oh and doing IT for 15+ years doesn't mean you know anything

several comments were edited to remove abuse (oh well, better late than never). like the one about me just hating on nvidia.

those are all personal attacks, they have nothing to do with the subject.

cya. and have fun :p lol

Last edited:
quoting for reference before the thread is closed:

several comments were edited to remove abuse (oh well, better late than never). like the one about me just hating on nvidia.

those are all personal attacks, they have nothing to do with the subject.

cya

I'm AMD user but i'm tired of you too, please stop this war trolling. Thanks.

what?

I have no mods, I've completely reinstalled the game and I've had replies from 10+ people that described the exact same problem as me.
I can buy that it is related to the 970's..... I am (and others) simply not seeing these problems. In which case, it is a Nvidia driver problem, not a CDPR problem.

I'm AMD user but i'm tired of you too, please stop this war trolling. Thanks.

your perceptions are skewed to say the least. can't handle the truth, don't read, don't post.

I can buy that it is related to the 970's..... I am (and others) simply not seeing these problems. In which case, it is a Nvidia driver problem, not a CDPR problem.

they've already admitted to multiple issues with 970 gpus... i just can't find the link, bcs i'm not an nvidia user.

also, i never recommened anyone exchange their hardware (only in future). and i also stated on multiple occassions in multiple threads:

people just don't develop games for nvidia any more...

is that fair? probably not, but that's reality...

Last edited:

mmm, no. that doesn't confirm what you said at all. some people didn't experience any of the quest bugs either. that doesn't mean their computers were at fault, that just means that, like every other PC game out there, TW3 has bugs that happen sometimes and don't happen other times. it could be exclusive to certain hardware, but I've had many replies from 700 series users on reddit with the same problem, and a few from 980 users.

---------- Updated at 07:03 PM ----------

stay classy with those personal attacks.

seriously, if you aren't able to cope with something you say being criticized, you are doing yourself a disservice by being active on any forum.

It's not a Nvidia driver problem since i have an AMD card and lost alot of performance too. It is hard to admit but CDPR fucked up the game with the latest patch.

It's not a Nvidia driver problem since i have an AMD card and lost alot of performance too. It is hard to admit but CDPR fucked up the game with the latest patch.

It's true, i lost some too on radeon, but with RTSS it's still very smooth on ultra

it doesn't seem to be just performance that was downgraded either. the LODs of npcs have been massively degraded. if I don't physically bump into an npc it'll render their lowest possible LOD most of the time. so I'm basically surrounded by clay men.

Sighs, it is hard to make The Witcher 3 perfect for you how you want it and for your PC. I had to do tweaking all over again for new patch 1.07. Something is off about patch 1.07 but almost perfect, i cant pin point it. it is almost something were taken away from patch 1.06 that patch 1.07 no longer have relative to graphic. I hope what i said make sense and what i just said is is my opinion.

I have a single graphic card gtx 970 FTW + (no overclock) and it can handle everything on ultra very well, but smoothness and performance is missing i believe. I did mess with user.settings by following little bit of TW3 tweaking guide from Geforce website.There something im missing that i need to do. I wonder if getting second graphic card and/or G-sync monitor will solve my problem...

yeah, i had the feeling they indeed decreased lod, especially on characters, also on the shadows of the characters...
I think they did it to eliminate the total popin of characters, but i would think there would be another way....
Positive side is, i have indeed not seen total popin of characters anymore since 1.07

I've only had the opposite effect. Less stutter and more smooth FPS.

They've introduced some new graphical settings, play around with them.

Since the patch I can't play in fullscreen because of stutter.
Only borderless window is fluid, and still, with the same settings I had before I have less frames and the antialiasing is gone even if it's active.

Sighs, it is hard to make The Witcher 3 perfect for you how you want it and for your PC. I had to do tweaking all over again for new patch 1.07. Something is off about patch 1.07 but almost perfect, i cant pin point it. it is almost something were taken away from patch 1.06 that patch 1.07 no longer have relative to graphic. I hope what i said make sense and what i just said is is my opinion.

I have a single graphic card gtx 970 FTW + (no overclock) and it can handle everything on ultra very well, but smoothness and performance is missing i believe. I did mess with user.settings by following little bit of TW3 tweaking guide from Geforce website.There something im missing that i need to do. I wonder if getting second graphic card and/or G-sync monitor will solve my problem...

i think you might be missing this http://www.pcgamer.com/durantes-witcher-3-analysis-the-alchemy-of-smoothness/

Top Bottom