Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
God, I should really read the books. Though the lack of choice like reading about Triss being unable to stay with you intimidates me
Don't worrie the story in the books are great, You really should to read books, You'll understand better a most of characters in games.

---------- Updated at 10:58 PM ----------

After reading books you'll maybe change your romance choice in game
Nope. I read books before games and now re-read them again to remember what was there, and I will not change my #TT.

Well probably they haven't any idea too...in the books her age is unknown so we can only guess...I personally think she is around 50-60 during the events of TW3.

From the Lodge meeting in the books we know that Triss and Keira are both too old to marry Prince Tancred and produce children, which is why the Lodge needs Ciri to carry out their plans for a northern empire.

Don't worrie the story in the books are great, You really should to read books, You'll understand better a most of characters in games.

---------- Updated at 10:58 PM ----------

Nope. I read books before games and now re-read them again to remember what was there, and I will not change my #TT.
Totally agree with you:cheers2:

Last edited:

Thanks, I guess I'll do it after playing TW2. I like reading into fantasy worlds so much that I know almost everything about them, I did it with Tolkien's Middle Earth and the Inheritance Cycle (which I need to re-read), it's fun.

Though it's a shame I don't understand polish, I don't think the books are fully translated into English yet?

Little Triss.

Thanks, I guess I'll do it after playing TW2. I like reading into fantasy worlds so much that I know almost everything about them, I did it with Tolkien's Middle Earth and the Inheritance Cycle (which I need to re-read), it's fun.

Though it's a shame I don't understand polish, I don't think the books are fully translated into English yet?

I have no info about English translation. I read in Russian.

Really don't hesitate and buy the books - unfortunately only 5 of them are translated officially into English (last two will be released soon) but you can find online fan translations of the last two books online)

The order how to read the saga is:
Short stories collection:
1. The Last Wish
2. The Sword of Destiny

Novels:
3. Blood of Elves
4. Time of Contempt
5. Baptism of Fire
6. The Swallow's Tower
7. Lady of the Lake

When you will read all these books you will have better understandings of the game lore and stories (especially The Witcher 3, which is heavily inspired by books)...

Hope it helps.

Really don't hesitate and buy the books - unfortunately only 5 of them are translated officially into English (last two will be released soon) but you can find online fan translations of the last two books online)

1. The Last Wish
2. The Sword of Destiny

Novels:
3. Blood of Elves
4. Time of Contempt
5. Baptism of Fire
6. The Swallow's Tower
7. Lady of the Lake

When you will read all these books you will have better understandings of the game lore and stories (especially The Witcher 3, which is heavily inspired by books)...

Hope it helps.

Ah, thank you very much. Do you have an idea when the English translations of the last 2 will be released? Soon as in later this year, or maybe in 1 or 2 years?

1. The Last Wish
2. The Sword of Destiny

Novels:
3. Blood of Elves
4. Time of Contempt
5. Baptism of Fire
6. The Swallow's Tower
7. Lady of the Lake

Hope it helps.

there is one more : Season of Storms, a stand-alone novel :)

there is one more : Season of Storms, a stand-alone novel :)

Yeah I know but there isn't even fan translation in English yet so I didn't mention it...

---------- Updated at 09:30 PM ----------

Ah, thank you very much. Do you have an idea when the English translations of the last 2 will be released? Soon as in later this year, or maybe in 1 or 2 years?

I think book 6 is planned for later this year or early 2016 - the last book Lady of the Lake (the best in my opinion) will be released in 2017 unfortunately - this is really long time

The fan translations are very good (not perfect) but it is ok.

There is no dialogue in the game showing whether gerelad got TRISS or shenifer. In docorrer of history, or a fight, I ended up not taking the TRISS, but in the end said he loved her, but I was with Jenifer, and at the end said he wanted to live with her. And I knew nothing of TRISS, what happened to her.

Yeah I know but there isn't even fan translation in English yet so I didn't mention it...

---------- Updated at 09:30 PM ----------

I think book 6 is planned for later this year or early 2016 - the last book Lady of the Lake (the best in my opinion) will be released in 2017 unfortunately - this is really long time

The fan translations are very good (not perfect) but it is ok.

Ok, thanks, so are all the books about Geralt's life and stuff? Or does it focus on other protagonists.

Thanks for the help a lot, it'll help when I go buy ebooks of these :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom