Looking for details of all the sword specs

+
Looking for details of all the sword specs

Is there a guide that explains in detail all of the specifications of the swords and armor, and what it all really means?
For instance, Looking at the Tir Tochair steel blade, there's a slew of stats for how the sword works--as an example:
364-446 damage is listed, with a green up arrow +75 next to it. Does that mean an additional 75 hit points against anything higher then my current level?

Another perplexing example--Serpentine steel sword:
49-61 damage, with three red down arrows tiled over each other and -275 also in red. What does the -275 mean?

What do these colors, down or up arrows and corresponding numbers mean? I'd like to be able to choose the best weapon, but without knowing what all these numbers mean, I'm just winging it based off the initial damage rating--but I know they wouldn't put all this information on the sword specs if I wasn't supposed to use it.

I was searching for some kind of user guide that would explain all of these stats for both armor and weapons, and I haven't found anything to explain it in detail. Can someone point me to a useful guide for this? If so, THANKS!

Looks like you are new to RPGs. Let me explain.

The green arrow with +75 means that the Tir Tochair Blade has 75 more damage compared to the sword you currently have equipped. The -275 red arrow means that Serpentine Steel Sword has 275 less damage than your currently equipped sword.

Some weapons also show a hammer next to the weapon in red which means that weapon needs to be repaired and that will restore some of its damage.

Last edited:
Looks like you are new to RPGs. Let me explain.

The green arrow with +75 means that the Tir Tochair Blade has 75 more damage compared to the sword you currently have equipped. The -275 red arrow means that Serpentine Steel Sword has that 275 less damage than your currently equipped sword.

Some weapons also show a hammer next to the weapon in red which means that weapon needs to be repaired and that will restore some of its damage.

Thank you VERY MUCH for taking the time to explain that to me! Yes, I don't play RPGs very much but am hooked on the witcher series. If you wouldn't mind, would you explain why there might be three red arrows tiled over one another before the number? Your explanation of what the arrows mean was great, but I don't know why there would be more than one per number.

Thanks again!

The red down arrows suggest that equipping that sword will lower your damage. Same as the green up arrows suggest that wielding that sword will increase your damage.

The red down arrows suggest that equipping that sword will lower your damage. Same as the green up arrows suggest that wielding that sword will increase your damage.
I don't understand why one sword would only have one up (or down) arrow, and another sword might have three arrows before the number. Does the number of arrows correspond to the number of rune slots on the sword, perhaps?

Thanks again for explaining it, but I'm still fuzzy on this one.

When its red it needs repair with the hammer,then it will go to green ,as its max potential of power for that weapon,some are low damage ie level cap ,
a level 4 weapon maxed out in full good condition will be less stronger than a level ten sword as a eg.
as you fight with the weapon it will decrease in condition so you either repair or sell or drop,
thats what ive been doing till i get a nice new one etc......

Where the damage is listed, there are three red arrows. What do they mean? Where is there not only one arrrow/

Attachments

• sword stats.jpg
    sword stats.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 249
I don't understand why one sword would only have one up (or down) arrow, and another sword might have three arrows before the number. Does the number of arrows correspond to the number of rune slots on the sword, perhaps?

Thanks again for explaining it, but I'm still fuzzy on this one.

The Swords power levels are LvL locked & their stats are set permanently & displayed when you select them via the interaction menu but they ware out fast & need repairing to keep them at that level & this is indicated by the red number. The more worn out they are the greater the number displayed & more red arrows next to it. So a sword that does 100% of the possible damage its capable of but with 10 red will do 90% of its possible damage & get one red arrow indicating repair is not really necessary but a sword with 35 red only does 65% of the possible damage it's capable of so will get 3 red arrows indicating its in dire need of repair. .

Last edited:
The Swords power levels are LvL locked & their stats are set permanently & displayed when you select them via the interaction menu but they ware out fast & need repairing to keep them at that level & this is indicated by the red number. The more worn out they are the greater the number displayed & more red arrows next to it. So a sword that does 100% of the possible damage its capable of but with 10 red will do 90% of its possible damage & get one red arrow indicating repair is not really necessary but a sword with 35 red only does 65% of the possible damage it's capable of so will get 3 red arrows indicating its in dire need of repair. .

I understand what you're saying, but the screenshot I posted is from the diagram to make the sword, so there shouldn't be any damage to the sword yet since when they are built, they are always in 100% condition.

The sword has 275 less damage than the sword you have equipped, it also has 15% chance more to poison but armor piercing is 140 less. The bonus experience looks to be the same but the armor piercing is 140 less, yrden, attack power and chance to dismember are all better on the sword you have equipped by the amount next to them.

Thanks! That's very clear now--except for why there are three red down arrows tiled on top of each other next to the damage number at the top of the stats. Perhaps it's supposed to show at a glance all the stats below it that aren't as good as my current sword? Although in this case, there are four areas that are lower- maybe the max that can be displayed next to Damage number is three..

But it's a minor point. The important part is I now realize that the green and red relates to how the weapon compares to the one I"m currently carrying. Thanks to all that helped to get this through my thick skull!

Top Bottom