Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice dress for Triss.

It's not my argument I was just commenting this. Also I don't understand why many people think that Triss was cast aside in Whild Hunt? In my opinion she is one of the 4 main characters in the game along with Geralt, Ciri and Yennefer. No other character in the game has more content than those 4. And still many people say that Triss was cast aside
Maybe cast aside is a strong word, because admittingly she has some role in the main story and is present throughout the game's most important moments, but for me personally, after choosing Triss it felt strange the game didn't seem to acknowledge that in any way. Aside from the one cutscene talking about their life in Kovir, there is very little difference, if any at all, between choosing her or Yen. What especially felt of to me was the cold "Good Luck" before the final battle from which the may never return and the lack of communication during Vesemir's funeral.

Many people have expressed their reasons for believing Triss needed more dialog, and while they are varied, it is clear that a lot of people felt she needed more content. I wouldn't mind it if the game had more content with Yen and Ciri(even though I really like how Ciri content was done), for me it is important to have a lot of interactions with the main characters, it helps me care more about them more and be more immersed when the time comes to help them.

I understand CDPR is working assiduously on expansion packs that may be larger (together) than TW2. Given the logistics of arranging voice acting sessions, using available development time and resources, etc., the devs would be very hard pressed to add full-on Triss LI content now. And I'll be grateful for any Triss LI content I can get. But it won't be sufficient.

The Witcher trilogy is my favorite RPG series, having supplanted the Mass Effect games. The writing, storytelling, and character development are unmatched in video gaming. I'm thrilled by what's there--but I'm disappointed by what's not. I guess I'll just have to log another 100 hours or so of game time to get over it.

I disagree with this because think about it, what better time could you have to fix the issues then when you have the actors recalled for additional dialogue and when the full development team is together. You think it would be better when the development team is broken up to work on new titles in development? Or when the actors are working on their next project?

I'm not suggesting the expansions be put on hold in favour of this but what better time to work on an enhanced edition - and let's make no bones about it, this game is in desperate need of an enhanced edition given the sheer ludicrous amount of plot holes it contains - than when everyone is together already working on this project. I wouldn't expect it any time soon and I'd be more than happy with that. All I want is a clearer statement of intent from CDPR on what they plan because what they said in their previous statement, as you, I and many others have repeatedly pointed out, does not go far enough in fixing the problems.

-Fourth: a Triss-Geralt sex scene, nah, no need :p

Mmh...fairs fair... :)

Yennefer who lacks cutscenes not Triss
Sorry first but i disagree:
-Yennefer lack some introduction to newcomer in Vizima
-Lack some daughter-mother moment in Act 3
But that it...

If they had allowed the player to have a little more time with Yen at Vizima, a walk through the halls while they chat...or perhaps YEN could have been the one to 'fill Geralt in' on the events of the last few months. ANYthing would have been more suited to FINALLY seeing your Love of Yore and then simply BOLTING through a portal! Hell, my first playthrough was my FIRST experience with the series, never read the books...take it from someone that simply adores snippy(bitchy?) dark haired women with light eyes and perfect complexion...and after my first 'contact' with Yen, I was almost glad she was gone. I AM SURE, that was not what the authors were going for.

Let me follow that up by saying, I continued the Yen-Rom and was very glad I did...without that knowledge, you CANNOT understand how bad the Triss-Rom 'felt'. And that goes for the reverse too. If you've only every chose ONE or the other...you CAN'T understand the other side's point of view on this, just can't. You can HEAR what the color red looks like, or what the hot sounds like but until you SEE it or FEEL it...not so much.

As for the Mother-Daughter time...ALL they needed to do was reverse the camera once or twice like they did for Yen. Let Geralt be watching from a distance as Yen and Ciri set and talk, laugh and smile...swing the camera around and let Geralt smile with them but don't interfere. THAT would be a great time, IF the player chose Triss, for HER to even walk up and watch with Geralt, "Their going to be ok, right?" "Mmh, we all will be..."

To take that a step too, a scene like that with Triss and Ciri wouldn't kill anyone either...Yen could walk up on Geralt as he is watching the two and either Rom=ON or OFF, Yen and Geralt could have a 'talk' about things and how the events have changed...all depending on if there is a romance or not between the two.

Just my thoughts on it... :)

Last edited:
Maybe cast aside is a strong word, because admittingly she has some role in the main story and is present throughout the game's most important moments, but for me personally, after choosing Triss it felt strange the game didn't seem to acknowledge that in any way. Aside from the one cutscene talking about their life in Kovir, there is very little difference, if any at all, between choosing her or Yen. What especially felt of to me was the cold "Good Luck" before the final battle from which the may never return and the lack of communication during Vesemir's funeral.

Many people have expressed their reasons for believing Triss needed more dialog, and while they are varied, it is clear that a lot of people felt she needed more content. I wouldn't mind it if the game had more content with Yen and Ciri(even though I really like how Ciri content was done), for me it is important to have a lot of interactions with the main characters, it helps me care more about them more and be more immersed when the time comes to help them.

Agree outside of sporadic intimate one on one moments, the game does a very poor job of acknowledging the Triss choice in stark contrast to the other path.
The black hole of Triss content or reactivity that is Kaer Morhen is definitely my bugbear, which is then capped off with a kiss, that to any observer would actually seem to imply Geralt is actually romancing the other woman. The end of Act 3 was cherry on the cake in terms of lacking any reactivity to her romanced status.
It seems CD Red clearly acknowledge the execution didn't meet what they wanted to implement, hence the response regarding this issue.

May I ask why you compare content in one game with content in 3 games. And let be honest even if you would like to make such compare its Yennefer who lacks cutscenes not Triss. I understand your feeling but please try to be more unbiased.
As for Wild Hunt dev's already answered your question why Yennefer has more cutscenes. She is a new character in the serie and need more screen time in order to make propper introduction to the new players. And this has nothing to do with consequences or love choice. Please stop bring this topic as a proof. There is logical reason why Triss won't have as much content as Yennefer in the Wild Hunt. Just accept this please.

You quoted my quote,i'm not the one who made this sentence, learn to use the forum please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom