Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the physics if you can't see how it works :smile::wisegirl:

Last edited:
May I ask why you compare content in one game with content in 3 games. And let be honest even if you would like to make such compare its Yennefer who lacks cutscenes not Triss. I understand your feeling but please try to be more unbiased.
As for Wild Hunt dev's already answered your question why Yennefer has more cutscenes. She is a new character in the serie and need more screen time in order to make propper introduction to the new players. And this has nothing to do with consequences or love choice. Please stop bring this topic as a proof. There is logical reason why Triss won't have as much content as Yennefer in the Wild Hunt. Just accept this please.

I said I'm on Team Player. I didn't say I faulted the devs for giving Yen too much screen time. I understand why they did it, and I have no objections to it. It was the right call. Absolutely, Yen should have more screen time because she's the central mage in TW3, and she should be. Given Yennefer's history with Geralt, Ciri, and the Wild Hunt it would've been preposterous to give Triss as much game time as Yennefer. That would've been fan service for sure.

But the devs gave players the opportunity to choose Triss as Geralt's LI. Consider again Geralt's history with Yen, with Ciri, with the Wild Hunt--and then his choosing Triss as his LI. That's a seismic decision, and we don't see enough game content to illustrate that decision's impact. The devs gave Triss too little screen time based on what's occurred over three games and on Geralt's relationship with Yen. Yennerfer doesn't need any less screen time--Triss simply needs more than she's been given. I'm not saying they should receive equal time--they shouldn't. But I am saying the Triss LI content is insufficient. Because it is.

You misunderstood.The fact that it strapless is not a problem.The dress goes against the laws of physics.It doesn't fit tightly to her body,it just hangs in the air.

You realise dresses like that are held around the middle, right? You can clearly see the lacing that provides the tightening for the fit along the side of the dress. There's absolutely nothing wrong with this dress. It's an elegant dress worn by a beautiful woman. The designers did a good job with it, conveying exactly the right feel for the setting.

I said I'm on Team Player. I didn't say I faulted the devs for giving Yen too much screen time. I understand why they did it, and I have no objections to it. It was the right call. Absolutely, Yen should have more screen time because she's the central mage in TW3, and she should be. Given Yennefer's history with Geralt, Ciri, and the Wild Hunt it would've been preposterous to give Triss as much game time as Yennefer. That would've been fan service for sure.

But the devs gave players the opportunity to choose Triss as Geralt's LI. Consider again Geralt's history with Yen, with Ciri, with the Wild Hunt--and then his choosing Triss as his LI. That's a seismic decision, and we don't see enough game content to illustrate that decision's impact. The devs gave Triss too little screen time based on what's occurred over three games and on Geralt's relationship with Yen. Yennerfer doesn't need any less screen time--Triss simply needs more than she's been given. I'm not saying they should receive equal time--they shouldn't. But I am saying the Triss LI content is insufficient. Because it is.
I'm ok with this. Just don't bring Yennefer factor with Triss LI content :\ If you think that as standalone romance option Triss path lacks something it's ok. But if you think so just because you think Yennefer path is better\more solid it's sound wrong for me.

You realise dresses like that are held around the middle, right? You can clearly see the lacing that provides the tightening for the fit along the side of the dress. There's absolutely nothing wrong with this dress. It's an elegant dress worn by a beautiful woman. The designers did a good job with it, conveying exactly the right feel for the setting.

Here's a video,which sums up all the problems with this dress.I can't believe I'm arguing with people about the dress of a fictional character

Here's a video,which sums up all the problems with this dress.I can't believe I'm arguing with people about the dress of a fictional character

I don't know, I think it's slightly overreacting to just what seems to be a dress that looks to fit slightly oddly from certain angles, the dress might be slightly lower than it should be, but seriously I don't find that it makes the dress inviable and it definitely doesn't make me dislike the outfit. It's a bit too low, perhaps, but so what? It still looks pretty good and it doesn't render the alternative outfit bad IMO.

Also, I can't stand listening to that woman speak, she's soooo whiny. Don't even try to listen to her video about Ciri, it's way worse.

Last edited:

Nope, still not seeing it. The video says it floats, not seeing it. It says it's too low, I'm not seeing it. It says it cuts in to the boob, i'm not seeing it. Sorry. If this was something she was wearing throughout the game, fair enough but it's one quest and is really, truly insignificant in the grand scheme of the other issues with the game right now. Besides, I'm not arguing, I was attempting to see your point of view. Sorry, just not seeing it.

As for the Mother-Daughter time...ALL they needed to do was reverse the camera once or twice like they did for Yen. Let Geralt be watching from a distance as Yen and Ciri set and talk, laugh and smile...swing the camera around and let Geralt smile with them but don't interfere. THAT would be a great time, IF the player chose Triss, for HER to even walk up and watch with Geralt, "Their going to be ok, right?" "Mmh, we all will be..."
Perfect with the cutscene in the boat
-Yen romance: stay the same, or join Geralt and Ciri instead just standing there smiling
-Triss romance: Geralt stand watch Yen and Ciri have fun, then Triss walk up and watch with Geralt, "Their going to be ok, right?" "Mmh, we all will be..."
->Can even see one negative thing with Triss romance here, you literally broke Yen-Geralt-Cri family :devil:
That's a dupe/troll account. It's definitely not me. I already informed the moderators.
@Scholdar.452

Em...wut?I don't much care about the dress,I just said that I like this dress better than what she wears in TW3:

I'm perfectly aware that it's a silly argument.

Can I make a suggestion? Those pictures are awful. They're like something out of a little girl's play book. The video also does a poor job of explaining what it is you're on about. Now I'm trying to see your point of view here so why not use freecam, spawn a Triss in that dress somewhere outside of that scene (because she won't move),preferably in daylight, and use the freecam to point out where the issues lie. If you want to post pics, post pics of comparative dresses from real life so we can see the differences. Clearly this is important to you so help us understand your point of view.

Can I make a suggestion? Those pictures are awful. They're like something out of a little girl's play book. The video also does a poor job of explaining what it is you're on about. Now I'm trying to see your point of view here so why not use freecam, spawn a Triss in that dress somewhere outside of that scene (because she won't move),preferably in daylight, and use the freecam to point out where the issues lie. If you want to post pics, post pics of comparative dresses from real life so we can see the differences. Clearly this is important to you so help us understand your point of view.

Can we please move on?I'm really sorry that I've started this silly argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom