Your most hated Monster type

+
I enjoyed reading your thread. You are awesome.

Awesome. Maybe. But also wrong.

Necrophages aren't "dead things that eat" but "things that eat corpses". It is also clearly stated in the Bestiary (if you find the correct books) that Drowners are not reanimated corpses of dead criminals, but rather an aquatic species - the "Drowned Dead" thing is a peasant superstition, similar to witchers eating children, vampirism being contagious from bites, mice coming from rotting straw and snails coming spontaneously from leaves.... all things stated within the game &/or book universe, but also with some nods towards the lack of accuracy in many things which are widely known.

Guys
Let me introduce your beloved friend, Drowner. ;)

Attachments

• Drowner.jpg
    Drowner.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 55
Awesome. Maybe. But also wrong.

Necrophages aren't "dead things that eat" but "things that eat corpses". It is also clearly stated in the Bestiary (if you find the correct books) that Drowners are not reanimated corpses of dead criminals, but rather an aquatic species - the "Drowned Dead" thing is a peasant superstition, similar to witchers eating children, vampirism being contagious from bites, mice coming from rotting straw and snails coming spontaneously from leaves.... all things stated within the game &/or book universe, but also with some nods towards the lack of accuracy in many things which are widely known.

Actually the Drowned Dead's are real and not the same as a Drowner. See this excerpt from The Witcher 1 where it says:

"Particularly strong and dangerous drowners are known as the drowned dead. Simple people see no difference between the drowner and the drowned dead — encountering either of them is equally deadly. We might suppose, though, that the most gloomy legends concern the drowned dead rather than drowners."

Further into the lore of TW1 it is made somewhat evident that Drowned Dead are:

Irredeemable criminals who end their lives in the waters of Lake Vizima become drowned dead, a very dangerous variety of drowner. Fate refused them a chance to amend their ways and return to society, so they remain villains after death, drowning innocent citizens.

WOLVES and/or DOGS.

Seriously. How many of these things have I killed? (A stat counter would be kinda cool.)

They're everywhere. Every territory. Every forest. Every island. Usually easy to beat, but don't drop much and are just a hassle.

---------- Updated at 01:10 PM ----------

I also want to find the cuckoo bird (which might only be in White Orchard). Drives me nuts. My parents have had a cuckoo clock for about a thousand years. Even though I haven't lived with them for about 25 years, whenever I heard that damned bird I glance at the wall expecting to see a clock.

Petition to kill the cuckoo! Or make finding it an achievement/trophy/9 billion XP. It also regenerates Vitality for about 3 hours.

Noonwraiths definetely. If you don't use Yrden as a beginner to the game you're in real trouble. Took me ages to find out Yrden was the way to reveal their true nature and make them wulnerable.

harpies and sirens. they are pretty much one-hit kills, so they are no challenge, but they can be soo annoying. especially on boat.

Every monster using a auto stun effect when hitting you. But my most hated monsters, by far, are the Gargoyles.

Their stomp attack got a radius, which is ridiculously big and hard to escape... and of course stuns you.

Dog/wolf packs (not monsters but I had to mention them), sirens, foglets and fiends. They are more annoying than dangerous, tho high level fiends and foglets can be difficult.

Last edited:
Wraiths. Hate them. And as i'm not a fan of Yrden, it makes the hate grow even more 'cause i have to use Yrden against them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom