I cannot talk to Marcus T K Hudgson, the keeper of the book store in Novigrad.

+
I cannot talk to Marcus T K Hudgson, the keeper of the book store in Novigrad.

As the title says, I cannot talk to him. The button "talk" just doesn't appear, only his name.

As I understand, I cannot do his quest.

I just wanted to report it. Would be nice if it gets fixed in the next patch.

As the title says, I cannot talk to him. The button "talk" just doesn't appear, only his name.

As I understand, I cannot do his quest.

I just wanted to report it. Would be nice if it gets fixed in the next patch.

Only thing that worked was when I went back to him much later in the game and then I was able to talk to him. You can try meditating/save your game and reloading. Good luck!

Can't find this guy to play gwent!
From the Hierach Square fast travel signpost go north and it is the first shop on the left opposite the Kingfisher inn. The sign outside the shop says 'Books and Scrolls'. The door in under a small arch. Marcus T.K. Hodgson is a merchant so you should see the white purse icon on the map.

I have never had an issue speaking with him myself and completed his quest early on. Occasionally NPCs wont have the speech option but walking away and trying again or meditating usually helps to provide the dialogue option.

I just checked and he is still there in my game in his shop.

Last edited:
I know man i have entered his book store and there is nowone inside except rich townmen reading books. I meditated nothing.Don't know what to do

I know man i have entered his book store and there is nowone inside except rich townmen reading books. I meditated nothing.Don't know what to do
OK, that wasn't clear from your post.

Sounds like some file corruption or scripting error. Have you tried verifying the game files?

Top Bottom