Patch 1.07 decreases Xbox performance by 8+ FPS in certain area's

+

Guest 3839371

Guys please stop assaulting CDPJR! Yes its quite a mess and there are also old (known) and new bugs that appeared with the new Patch 1.07 but please stay calm and let them fix this!

Guys please stop assaulting CDPJR! Yes its quite a mess and there are also old (known) and new bugs that appeared with the new Patch 1.07 but please stay calm and let them fix this!

If they have tested patch 1.07 enough before releasing it they must have known they made the game worse for xbox1 players. I think paying customers are allowed to complain about that.
If they have NOT tested patch 1.07 enough before releasing it, and because of that they DIDNT know they made they game worse for xbox1 players, I think paying customers are allowed to complain about that too!.

Remember most people paid 70 euro's or more for the game. I think for that money it is reasonable to get a good product!

CDPR should take a example from WMD, the had a bit of a messy launch with Project Cars too, but they communicate on a daily basis with the players on their forum. CDPR is still silent after this new mess arrived!

Last edited:
I agree with zzjorzz. The worst thing about all this is not that they messed up but that they haven't told us what happened yet. Do they even acknoweledge there are problems now or what?

You guys are right... this lack of communication about what happened with XB1 version after this patch is getting me to think bad of this company... I was very patient waiting the patch because I know when people rush things and launch unfinished the previous problems can get worse.
But I really can't understand why they've done this?!? Which improvements justifies this FPS drop?!? The graphics don't became any better, there're still many problems with texture loading and still run in 900p...
For real, I enjoyed the game a lot... I'm in my 2nd playtrough right now but this patch is discouraging me to continue and buy the expansions in the future...
I really hope that they fix this in a next patch... I don't wanna think that CDPR is like the other companies in game industry...

I have been a fan since the first game but this is inane. They have screwed up, they continue to screw up, and they literally made the XB1 version worse. I mean they honestly made it complete crap from what was previously a fairly stable if not quirky build. This shows a complete lack of QC from the bottom up.

I adore this game, but the framerate downgrade is so depressing.

I've been exploring the world since 1.07 was released, and the jerky framerate is present in so many areas, not just in crook back bog as some people have suggested.

For example, i came out of the cave after finishing the "wandering in the dark" quest, it was a bright sunny day, i walked to the shore, looked at some reeds waving in the wind, and the framerate tanked. It wasn't a particualy complex scene, and yet the game was struggling; it must have been droping into the low 20's.

Approaching the village of Oreton, on a bright sunny day, and the framerate was really bad, once again it must have been in the low 20's.

There are many more examples.

I have put over 130 hours into the game, now on my second playthrough, and i have never experienced performance this low before.

I have faith that CDPR will restore the game to it's former glory, please don't let me down.

I'm afraid it'll never be fixed... look at ps4 version, it's in this state since release...
They ruined the game so bad, oh of course it's still playable, but it's not enjoyable at all...
So sad, they had a polished and almost finished product, now it's an unpolished game wich fluctuate from 20fps to 30fps and stay locked at 20fps during several seconds.... what is the fuckin' reason CDPR plz...?

I dont know how CDPR can make this up to us anymore. I already tryd to get my money back, but because it is a hard copy I cannot get it back because it is way past the date you are allowed to bring it back. This is 100% on CDPR because I had the (misplaced?) faith they would fix the game and waited for that to happen.
The (again!) lack of communication by CDPR makes it look like they just dont care. I do not sey they dont, but their communication is, like the fixes, way below par!

Well, now i sold my CE edition, even if a framerate fix (framerate now tank to 20fps in MANY AREAS!!) is coming one day (which i'm sure it won't, if they could have fixed it, they'd fixed it already on ps4...), i won't return to the game, i'm too disapointed, and even less will buy any dlc...
I had great time during 1 month (from 1.03 to 1.05), that was cool, now unfortunatly i'll move onto something else, even if i would have loved to stay on the game to finish my 2nd playtrough , in this state i simply can't... Sure game is still playable, but for me it's not enjoyable anymore, immersion is totally broken, it's simply a waste... :(

It genuinely seems like CDPR just have no idea what they are doing with these patches. Concern, not malice is what fuels these words.

Last edited:
It's just incredibly odd that something that used to work so well, has been worsened like this. I never experienced any real bad framerate slowdowns in Crookback, but now it's almost like a slideshow. In MOST other places so far it seems fine, but overall i do think things have gone down, the other day i was in Novigrad and out of the blue the framerate went down for no real reason. This was never the case with previous patch. It's definitely not unplayable though, not in any way, but i do expect them to fix it.

I would have gladly accepted these sacrifices if it had meant these loading times have went from one minute to 30 seconds or less, but that has not happened at all.

Not sure if its just me, but the game does seem to look more pretty with more vibrant colours. Could be just me eyes though

Want to throw it out here that CDPR is not as evil as people are divulging them to be. Its not like they are sitting around doing nothing, unlike previous games they are working on big expansions, DLC's and on top of this patch support for 3 platforms all of which are very different from each other and have their own issues. Its going to take time to iron the bugs out guys. Personally, I love the Witcher series and am just damn happy to have another Witcher game to waste my life on! lol It could be half the game it is and I would still be happy because I love the universe so much. I like DragonBallZ and jeez, so many bad games were made and still are, but I still love them because I love DragonBallZ! Witcher games have yet to disappoint and I don't regret a single purchase. At least CDPR supports its games long after release and they are far, far from being done with patch support and performance fixes. They just have their hands full as well as they are not a huge company like DICE, Blizzard, Ubisoft, Bethseda, ect.

Its just going to take time and I am all for it.. I am axious to see what the future brings!

I love what they have given me and no, consoles aren't performing ideal right now but I have faith that once the dust settles they will deliver much better fixes for FPS and stuff. Another thing is, these current gen consoles are way underpowered and thats no ones fault but the console makers. They gimped these machines to sell more of them. It was an arms race and had nothing to do with better technology, just about numbers and we gobbled them up and now are stuck with these for awhile lol Sucks, but thats what it is. Anywho, thanks for allowing me to post and taking the time to read my opinion! Hope you have a very nice day and stay cool outside as its freaking hot! Haha!! Weeeeeeeeeeee!!!! Byeeeeeee!!! (_ _ ) (^ ..^ ) *bows*

-Zero

There's no "underpowered" argument, the game ran fine 1 week ago with THE SAME HARDWARE, if my xbox could handle it at a near locked 30fps last week, i think that it proves that's it's not an underpowered problem, am I right? So the problem is that THE GAME RAN NEAR PERFECTLY with 1.05, now in lot of areas including Fyke Island, Swamps, Oreton the game tank to 20fps and stay locked to 20 during several seconds, i'm not speaking 1/2 sec dips... but sometimes up to 1mn or more depends how much u stay in the area...
What is depressing is that CDPR managed to achieve something incredible with 1.05 on xbox hardware, a really nice and polished product, which has been ruined by 1.07...
And excuse me if i'm not really confident in CDPR telling us "it will be fixed"... they have said the same for ps4 since release...

I honestly think I am about to call it. Worse performance, more bugs that didn't exist before, and a complete lack of QC on anything resembling a patch. Yeah I have other things to do with my life and this game isn't worth it nor likely will be anytime in the forseeable future.

The funny part is they fixed the availability problems - while they know about the performance issues - and they still dare to advertise the patch on twitter with the same picture that says "Performance Enhancments". And they are still silent about fixing the fps problems or not. Congratulations, dear devs.

Want to throw it out here that CDPR is not as evil as people are divulging them to be.

I do not say they are evil, I do not say they do it on purpose, I only say my 70 euro game is unplayable.

And still not a single reply, explanation, let alone a excuse, from CPDR...

Still NOT ONE WORD about Xbox butchered framerate...
That's why I'm pretty sure it will never be fixed...
Most of people won't notice...
Never been so angry about a game...
1st time also i had seen such a bad downgrade on a game... it's frustrating as hell...
In fact even in some simple areas the framerate is now ruined... even around where lives the baron the framerate now dips to 20fps... where it was perfect 30 last week... it depress me... it's like a nightmare... we had an almost perfect game...oh sure you still can play... but in slowmo for several parts...

Well, I submitted a support ticket on this issue a couple of days ago and got a reply today. They told me that they are sorry that I have problems with my copy of the game, that they currently investigatig the issue and have forwarded the data to the developers.

Seems pretty much generic, but at least it's something. A public statement would be better though.

Thx @iCake for letting us know this info, but as u said, pretty generic... they tell the same for ps4 since 2 months, and nothing changed...
It seems that CDPR doesn't really know themselves what they've done, and how they've made such a dowgrade, what is frighten me is that CDPR doesn't seems to mastery their engine, i see no other explanation for ruining a beautiful game like it was the case....
They simply don't know why framerate took an enormous hit, and even less how to resolve it... I repeat that it's the same case for ps4 since release... and they never fixed it...
Nowadays, game released unfinished, and the new thing is that even if the game is finished and well polished, nothing prevent to have a patch which will ruin all... That's the new thing and it's the 1st time something like this happened to me...
Just put 1.05 file somewhere on a server and allow us to go back to it via usb key... those who are happy with 1.07 will still be, and people who can't play in this state will return to 1.05!
It was so easy to do with x360... but impossible on next gen...
All this story start to seriously getting on my nerves, even if i don't own the game anymore, now I just hope for an incredible Fallout 4, which i hope will make me forget about TW3 fiasco on Xbox (yes, a fiasco both on ps4 and xbox, really!)
GOTY for consoles (pc version is good apparently) will never be TW3, and what amazed me is that the game took 10/10 with a lot of problems...
PC: 10/10... ok it seems very good...
Console: 6/10 too many bugs and technical issues which ruins immersion
Xbox: 10/10 from 1.03 to 1.05 (during 1 month... )

Top Bottom