Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Made by http://bangalore-monkey.deviantart.com/

Player stash in Yen's room in Skellige...listening the music..wondered if there is the music somewhere on youtube...found that..

Yennefer 'The Last Wish' Romance Theme Extended

Also here is the part of the music, which is playing during the beginning of The Last Wish quest
[video=youtube;wwr-2yaUQ5I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwr-2yaUQ5I[/video]

Last edited:
Ok so Yen was ugly and Triss was always beautiful...the point is what exactly?

---------- Updated at 01:14 PM ----------

Ingame model without magic :D

Yeye i remember that Model....

Seriously it's getting better and better ... :D

Damn.... the forum again.....

---------- Updated at 03:32 PM ----------

Are all of you sastified now ? Ciri of Vengerberg :lol:

Nice comment from non-book reader - gamer:
I feel like I’m finally closing in on the end of Witcher 3 (sort of kind of maybe) and that’s making me start to reflect on what makes it special.

And I keep coming back to Geralt’s relationship to Yennefer. (very mild spoilers I guess?)

There’s a LOT that can be written about how Witcher 3 handles relationships of all kinds; adversarial, familial, friendships, and otherwise. The whole story of the entire cast of characters is built on a series of unlikely partnerships, and that however they work and whatever they are, there is value to them. But Yennefer… she’s special.

I initially struggled with choosing Yen as my romance, given that Geralt and Triss seem to get along so well and so easily, and have a very genuine chemistry. Triss is used to a better life, but she’s also remarkably unafraid to roll up her sleeves and get her hands dirty, though she’ll certainly loudly complain about it. She has a passion for helping people that really seems to shine through in her questlines, too. Triss comes across as someone who genuinely cares about people.

Yen… doesn’t. Well, beyond the people who are important to Yen, of course. Yen is ambitious, occasionally callous, rarely considerate of the full consequences of her actions. She’s headstrong, stubborn to a fault, and occasionally downright ruthless, however noble her goals might be. She can be selfish, haughty, she’ll snipe or jab on occasion… she’s just kind of a jerk sometimes.

She’s a lot like Geralt, in a weird way—she’s an alpha. She’s not comfortable coming second to anyone.

Now, I can count on one hand the number of fictional relationships that have struck a chord with me, and they tend to have the same basic characteristics. Usually, one or both of the participants has some tragic event/backstory that the other helps them work through. Usually, one or both of them are hardened, world-weary, or otherwise extremely capable. Usually, they start out as friends. And usually, the dynamic between them is easy—they instantly understand each other, and it’s like they fit together without even thinking.

Geralt and Yen aren’t any of that, really. Sure, they’re both extremely capable, but neither of them are particularly tragic figures. They certainly didn’t start out as friends! And even if you choose the least confrontational dialogue options, things are rarely easy between them.

And yet… there they are.

A lot of it has to do with the delivery—the animation and vocal performances are top fucking notch for both of them, but especially Yennefer. She is able to communicate a lot with very little. Her delivery sells what I think is the heart of their relationship—they’ve been on-again-off-again partners for over twenty years. They know each other better than anyone else. So when Yen says needles Geralt about something, he just sighs and needles her back. And when Geralt gets in her face about a decision she made that he didn’t agree with, Yennefer does the same.

I’m no expert (shocker) but Witcher 3 might be the best representation in video games of a long-term relationship. There’s a physical element, obviously, but it’s not about that, in the same way a house isn’t about the bedroom. Geralt and Yennefer aren’t best friends, or lovers. They’re not newlyweds, not desperately in love or mooning over each other. They could be described as “pining” for each other, in certain situations, but not in the tradtional tumblr definition. They’re just partners, with all the baggage that that implies. Even when they don’t like each other, they love each other.

And that’s kind of beautiful!

source: http://mystery-moose.tumblr.com/

All of these games didn't need any change. Nobody claimed that they should be changed. They were just fine the way they were. And that's the reason why these games are classics. ;)

What? It seems you never went to old Bio or Interplay forums... ;)

People complained A LOT about Baldur's Gate, about not being able to use the Moonblade, about Boo slot... man, all the QQ over how bad were npc stats... And, yes, People complained about romances.

Planescape also receive some critic over the final part of the game... But I only went to PS forum by the time of Black Isle boards.

There was some war about Special vs Gurps, originally intended system for Fallout. Not to mention later rage wars on Fallout Tactics and Skyrim With Guns on NMA and Rpgcodex.

Fallout and Planescape are my favorite crpgs. But they needed some fixing...

Tldr, yes, I was there, people wanted a lot of changes and tweaks... :)

I thought that I'm only one here old enough to know Baldur's Gate, Planescape Torment and Fallout 1 and 2 ..:eek: I'm surprised that you know these old classics!

Trully - not only book readers but true RPG lovers! I'm feeling like at home here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom