Who is waiting for patch 1.08 to (actually) fix the PS4 performance before playing again?

+

Who is waiting for patch 1.08 to (actually) fix the PS4 performance before playing again?

• I'm still waiting

Votes: 65 73.9%
  • I'm playing it now

Votes: 23 26.1%

• Total voters

OK so now we know they lied about any performance improvements in patch 1.07 and they'll probably lie again before this is all said and done. But who is still waiting before they dive too deeply into the game?

62 days and counting since release date - patience wearing thin.

I feel like i have been led a "merry dance" game seems unplayable since 1.07. (ps4) I might pick it up again but not untill I know the game is fixed (quest bugs) And I don't think I will ever purchaces the DLC after this.

I honestly don't get it, I've never had performance problems with the game myself. My biggest complaint is the whole fixed level system and the bugs. Perhaps I'm either too busy playing it or less sensitive to frame rates to notice.

Hmmmm, I don't seem to have any problems with the new patch. I'm already on my 2nd playthrough ever since 1.05, it was when they still haven't announced 1.07. I got excited since I was waiting for a Triss update, but nay, I haven't reached the part where they said they have fixed something on her. I'm with @Gazzaho here. Either I'm busy enjoying my 2nd playthrough, or I really don't mind the frame drops since it doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I upload some of my gameplay on YouTube, and the only lags I've seen where in the inventory part.

OK so now we know they lied about any performance improvements in patch 1.07 and they'll probably lie again before this is all said and done. But who is still waiting before they dive too deeply into the game?

I think I'll wait, have only a couple of hours in the game. Haven't touched the Arkham Knight and Yoshi's WW, so I give time to the shamans. To be honest, after all this crap around Witcher 3, I can't play it with good feelings.

Honestly, i want to play it, but i just can´t with this performance issues, my eyes hurt, i have a great vision and my eyes are very sensitive in terms of image flow, im playing Batman Right Now, and i will keep playing other games untill they fix it. If they definetly can´t fix it i will just sell my copy to someone on ebay and then download for free a kickassto copy of the game when i upgrade my pc.

:bored:​LEL

I think I'll wait, have only a couple of hours in the game. Haven't touched the Arkham Knight and Yoshi's WW, so I give time to the shamans. To be honest, after all this crap around Witcher 3, I can't play it with good feelings.

If you're only a couple of hours into the game then you may be letting the talk influence you more than the actual performance of the game. The complaints I hear most are frame rates in the swamp area which, as I've stated I have never really noticed, if I've encountered bad rates they haven't been enough to stop me playing. The swamps are in Velen, have you reached there yet, if not then how can you decide the performance issue.

im not being argumentative, I'm just asking if you've given the game a chance or just judging on others opinions.

There's definately framerate problems in the swamp (the bog). Can't deny that. Besides that, the game runs pretty smooth.
And with this latest patch the game runs smooth even when it rains, which was my biggest complaint with the framerate so far.

I'm having so much fun with this game it should be illegal. I can see that perhaps i'm also a bit less sensitive about framerate dips, but stating that this game is unplayable is very exaggerated. And there has definately been improvements in performance since launch.

There's definately framerate problems in the swamp (the bog). Can't deny that. Besides that, the game runs pretty smooth.
And with this latest patch the game runs smooth even when it rains, which was my biggest complaint with the framerate so far.

I'm having so much fun with this game it should be illegal. I can see that perhaps i'm also a bit less sensitive about framerate dips, but stating that this game is unplayable is very exaggerated. And there has definately been improvements in performance since launch.

No one is saying the game is unplayable. We are saying there are several areas of the game suffering from performance drops which harms the immersion. I quite simply refuse to play this near masterpiece until the PS4 version outperforms the Xbox One. It currently does not - and that is just a disgrace.

If you're only a couple of hours into the game then you may be letting the talk influence you more than the actual performance of the game.....
....im not being argumentative, I'm just asking if you've given the game a chance or just judging on others opinions.

Frame rate issue hasnt bothered me that much, but being 30+ hours in and not being able to advance the main storyline due a cut-scene glitch is seriously making me want to never pick this game up again.. I'd say after that many hours of play i've definitely given it a chance, although some dont have this problem at all it basically ruins the game for me

No one is saying the game is unplayable. We are saying there are several areas of the game suffering from performance drops which harms the immersion. I quite simply refuse to play this near masterpiece until the PS4 version outperforms the Xbox One. It currently does not - and that is just a disgrace.

I have to believe than that you are never going to play it. Unless they make a copy which takes us back a few console generations graphics wise, then it won't be a frame rate issue but terrible blocky graphics. I guess you could always buy a top end PC and perhaps get the performance you require going in that direction, because I can't honestly see the PS4 developing a spontaneous Performance increase in the future.

CDPR are concerned with maximising performance over all platforms and the PS4 is only going to suffer more than less as they cater for both consoles rather than optimise for one. 1.07 seems to be proof of this as, supposedly, the frame rate was locked at 20fps to cater for the XB1. As the saying goes, be careful what you wish for.

Frame rate issue hasnt bothered me that much, but being 30+ hours in and not being able to advance the main storyline due a cut-scene glitch is seriously making me want to never pick this game up again.. I'd say after that many hours of play i've definitely given it a chance, although some dont have this problem at all it basically ruins the game for me

Having a bug like that would put me off playing also, it's strange that so many people are having totally unrelated glitches while playing on a standardised, in terms of hardware machine. I'm convinced that save game corruption is having an affect in glitches developing, but it's total speculation on my part.

1.08 wont fix the issue either, i quit playing game about 4-5weeks ago. Played an 1hr when 1.07 dropped...pathetic... almost forgetting the game exists.

I have to believe than that you are never going to play it. Unless they make a copy which takes us back a few console generations graphics wise, then it won't be a frame rate issue but terrible blocky graphics. I guess you could always buy a top end PC and perhaps get the performance you require going in that direction, because I can't honestly see the PS4 developing a spontaneous Performance increase in the future.

CDPR are concerned with maximising performance over all platforms and the PS4 is only going to suffer more than less as they cater for both consoles rather than optimise for one. 1.07 seems to be proof of this as, supposedly, the frame rate was locked at 20fps to cater for the XB1. As the saying goes, be careful what you wish for.

I believe they are capable of attaining at least XBox One performance (fluctuating between 20 and 30fps when in certain areas like foggy bogs and Novigrad) with the PS4 at the current 1080p. They just need to prioritize this issue and not keep both consoles locked at 20fps when struggling with special effects. And indeed it is entirely related to time of day, weather and spell effects much more than polycount.

i have waited 1 month for 1.07 and will not wait anymore
despite the pop ins and occasional cut scene distortions that still persist in 1.07, i will still play
enough is enough

Been playing rocket league and other games, still waiting. Though im alsoblooking forward to it and see if the next one locls the PC at 20fps just like thid did to the XBox.

I believe they are capable of attaining at least XBox One performance (fluctuating between 20 and 30fps when in certain areas like foggy bogs and Novigrad) with the PS4 at the current 1080p. They just need to prioritize this issue and not keep both consoles locked at 20fps when struggling with special effects. And indeed it is entirely related to time of day, weather and spell effects much more than polycount.

I think you've got it backwards, the reason the 1.07 patch was locked at 20fps was because of the XB1 frame rate issue from what I've read, they tried to fix both versions by locking it, the PS4 was running 20 to 30 before 1.07. It's my belief that a constant frame rate of 30 or above is asking too much of the hardware in consoles, at least without downgrading graphics to an extent that the outcry would change from frame rate to that. As I've stated the only way to get constant high frame rates and graphics to match is the PC route.

It's my opinion that Sony made false claims when promoting the PS4 as capable of 1080p at 30fps for all games, a lot developers have found it difficult to attain that with their current gen releases.

Last edited:

Relax! the last patch downgraded XBONE version to PS4 performance xD.

---------- Updated at 12:34 PM ----------

It's my opinion that Sony made false claims when promoting the PS4 as capable of 1080p at 30fps for all games, a lot developers have found it difficult to attain that with their current gen releases.

That is stupid, this game is not optimized enough for PS4. Uncharted 4 have pretty better graphics, IA and particles and is solid 30fps. MGS V is running to 60fps. Infamous is running over 40 fps.

Top Bottom