We need answers (patch 1.07)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
We need answers (patch 1.07)

Ok, honestly I've rarely seen a bad patch like 1.07 (I'm on PS4).

Since applying this HUGE patch (>7 GB), I've had a lot of problems with my game and the devs have been pretty silent about these issues so far.

BSOD (crash) two times in one day, something that had never happened before.

Novigrad is baiscally 10 FPS with a lot of texture loading problems, no background music, etc.

New pausing (read: loading) with dialogues, what the fuck?

Overall it seems each patch makes the game worse, but 1.07 is probably where I'll draw the line. I waited weeks for the Medidate bug. Now it seems I'll be waiting for the Enhanced Edition to have a game properly running on the PS4. The framerate has never been fixed, I think it's actually worse than before even.

We need answers because if this is how Cyberpunk's patching will work I might just skip it altogether.

iCake

Forum veteran
That's what I've been waiting for as well. I want to know what the hell has happened.

I'm on PC and after I installed 1.07 When I Start the games it's fine, but when I continue it just won't load. I haven't been able to play the game since.

I second this, it's mind blowing that they haven't come out and said anything despite all the clear issues pointed out in countless posts.

Since applying this HUGE patch (>7 GB), I've had a lot of problems with my game and the devs have been pretty silent about these issues so far.

Novigrad is baiscally 10 FPS with a lot of texture loading problems, no background music, etc.

Overall it seems each patch makes the game worse, but 1.07 is probably where I'll draw the line. I waited weeks for the Medidate bug. Now it seems I'll be waiting for the Enhanced Edition to have a game properly running on the PS4. The framerate has never been fixed, I think it's actually worse than before even.

We need answers because if this is how Cyberpunk's patching will work I might just skip it altogether.

You're on PS4 and getting BSOD's, eh? Do you know what a BSOD is? Last I checked you can't run Windows or DOS on PS4, LOL.

This and using terms like "Pausing" with a clarification of "loading" doesn't help anyone understand what issues you're actually having.

By "pausing", you might mean low FPS, or stuttering, or actual pausing. You probably mean stuttering, but be clear about that.

FYI, although you haven't said it in this post, based on your comprehension of terminology, you should also probably know that "Lag" refers to latency (as in, network ping time), not low FPS, or stuttering, etc.

Too many people have no idea what these terms actually mean and it makes for unclear bug reports at best, and totally incorrect bug reports at worst.

What I can't understand is how so many different complaints appear, I jut got to download 1.07 last night because of the delay in the UK for the PS4 version. So far I've had 2 strange occurrences, the square button wouldn't work for dive, fixed by restarting and a freeze which fixed itself when I held the PS button to quit the game. Other than that so far the new patch has been fine on my machine.

i have noticed a delay from hitting the button to getting a response when asking questions, as in accepting quests and such.

i truly believe the PS4 is a strange bird, both in hardware anomalies and game related bugs.

Last edited:
You're on PS4 and getting BSOD's, eh?

LOL

I'm on PC and after I installed 1.07 When I Start the games it's fine, but when I continue it just won't load. I haven't been able to play the game since.

I had the same problem, until I've deleted all mods and verified game data. Mods were apllied with newest versions only after I made sure game is finally running and not crashing from loading screen.

By "pausing", you might mean low FPS, or stuttering, or actual pausing. You probably mean stuttering, but be clear about that.

He actually explained quite clearly what he means by 'pausing'. The game pauses during dialogues while a loading icon appears.

I had the same problem, until I've deleted all mods and verified game data. Mods were applied with newest versions only after I made sure game is finally running and not crashing from loading screen.

This post, NOT the thread, just this post by itself, needs to be STICKIED.

All these complaints look surprising to me because after patch 1.07 I haven't encountered a single issue (PC here), in fact the performance is improved. Novigrad feels a lot more smooth and the horrendous pop ins are quite reduced.

I cannot say for sure but maybe you should reinstall the entire game with v1.07, might fix the issues you're facing.

As for the performance I don't know what to say, CDPR has a record of supporting their games for a long time and they polish them as much as possible but if they are having difficulties improving FPS on either PS4 and/or Xbox One then I can only blame Sony and Microsoft for choosing tablet grade processors for next gen gaming machines.

Few points OP:

1. Playing Witcher 3 on a PS4 is not your smartest move

2. However, if a studio is releasing their game on PS4 then its studios job to make sure it works.

3. PS4 is to PC as hot wheels is to actual real life car. It's a cheap toy.

He actually explained quite clearly what he means by 'pausing'. The game pauses during dialogues while a loading icon appears.

Pausing is a very specific thing... it's what happens when you hit the "pause" button in a game (in the Witcher 3, it would be the screen that comes up when you hit the "back" or "select" button - the screen that allows you to quit the game, change options, etc). If the game stops and goes into a loading screen in the middle of cutscenes, that would be the way to describe it.

Pausing is a very specific thing... it's what happens when you hit the "pause" button in a game (in the Witcher 3, it would be the screen that comes up when you hit the "back" or "select" button - the screen that allows you to quit the game, change options, etc). If the game stops and goes into a loading screen in the middle of cutscenes, that would be the way to describe it.

"New pausing (read: loading) with dialogues"

bascially just sums that up. Nothing else would make sense in that context.

Yeah we need answers!!!!!
I was hoping the 1.07 patch would fix my no-Iorveth bug that has afflicted my copy of the Witcher 3 since launch but alas not yet. I hope it gets fixed soon though, otherwise I shall have to learn how to mod so I can replace every single NPC with Iorveth.

Besides that, the recent patch has meant I can play almost everything in ultra now without any issues. :victory:

Your answers are available on Twitter: https://twitter.com/marcin360

They are being very clear that they are investigating all of the reported issues. You just aren't looking hard enough :p

I'm playing on PS4 I was not having any Issues until after the patch. Now I am having frame rate issues.

As for me, the new patch has done everything it stated it would do. Overall my post patch game runs smoother, looks nicer. Have had no issues. PS4.

I don't have any mods or other funny business going on

Im on xbox and having the same problems. Not able to do certain things and not loading properly. This is since the update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom