Your own made-up game rituals?

+
Your own made-up game rituals?

Hello, fellow Witchers.

We've all been trained by Vesemir at Kaer Morhen and should do everything the same. But I'm sure some of you are like me and developed your own personal "Witcher's Handbook," which describes how certain things MUST be done. Particularly if they're completely unimportant and just for your own amusement. Here are a few of mine.

• All candles, lanterns, torches, campfires, and braziers must be ignited with the Igni sign. The "wave hand to ignite" method is but a parlor trick that can be taught to almost anyone. It is beneath a Witcher to use such tricks. (Note: be careful when igniting things near town guards.

• Corollary to item above: Anything to be extinguished should be put out with Aard, whenever possible. Because you're a Witcher and you can.

• Any party of soldiers walking three abreast (regardless of faction) must be shoved out of the path with your horse. Going around them is a waste of time. Bratty town children should be trampled directly, whenever possible. This teaches respect for horses and men with swords.

• One must always attempt to witness the magic materialization or dematerialization of your horse during the Horse Summoning Incantation. (I may have captured Roach disappearing once - must check my saved video clips.)

• Anything which isn't intended to be climbed should be attempted anyway. Such as the Inn in White Orchard. See attached.

• All explodable barrels must be exploded, regardless if it does any good.

• Get a fresh shave (of your choice) when beginning and completing a major story mission. You're a professional. Look the part.

That's the end of my nonsense for now. How about the rest of you?

Hello, fellow Witchers.

We've all been trained by Vesemir at Kaer Morhen and should do everything the same. But I'm sure some of you are like me and developed your own personal "Witcher's Handbook," which describes how certain things MUST be done. Particularly if they're completely unimportant and just for your own amusement. Here are a few of mine.

• All candles, lanterns, torches, campfires, and braziers must be ignited with the Igni sign. The "wave hand to ignite" method is but a parlor trick that can be taught to almost anyone. It is beneath a Witcher to use such tricks. (Note: be careful when igniting things near town guards.

• Corollary to item above: Anything to be extinguished should be put out with Aard, whenever possible. Because you're a Witcher and you can.

• Any party of soldiers walking three abreast (regardless of faction) must be shoved out of the path with your horse. Going around them is a waste of time. Bratty town children should be trampled directly, whenever possible. This teaches respect for horses and men with swords.

• One must always attempt to witness the magic materialization or dematerialization of your horse during the Horse Summoning Incantation. (I may have captured Roach disappearing once - must check my saved video clips.)

• Anything which isn't intended to be climbed should be attempted anyway. Such as the Inn in White Orchard. See attached.

• Get a fresh shave (of your choice) when beginning and completing a major story mission. You're a professional. Look the part.

LOL! Oddly enough, I do almost all of the same things! Must be a mass OCD epidemic.

Hello, fellow Witchers.

Lol gotta be honest thought this was going to be a ridiculous post... Great stuff though, made me laugh. xD

1. Must win in Gwent against every single NPC I can
2. Must trade for every crawn from every merchant I meet.
3. Must use Aard and heavy armor + human +XP trophy in every fight vs a human and wither gear with igni and monster +XP trophy vs every monster
4. When doing fistfights must win in the first match, if lost, reload save, not ask for rematch.
5. If fall from a height takes 50% or more HP must reload save instead of healing and pretend nothing happened.
6. Must make a wish every time I see a falling star in the sky(every wish is for another stuffed unicorn )

Try not to loot every peasant hut as the peasants realistically would recreate the events of Rivia and pitchfork you in the stomach.

Resting is dangerous, avoid doing so outside of settlements and relative safety.

These would be my own rituals/rules.

1- Frantically tap the jump button whenever Geralt falls a distance larger than two feet.
2 - Exhaust conversation options.
3 - Loot every single thing that doesn't look owned by someone who is alive.
4 - Press the quicksave key.
5 - Press the quicksave key.
6 - Press the quicksave key.
7 - Go to Crow's Perch to see the master armorer and hear the guard say "Got their arses whipped like a Novigrad whore" every single goddamn time.
8 - Walk in a drunken zigzag if Geralt hasn't slept in too long.
9 - Play Gwent with people at the least appropriate times.
10 - Whenever people are angry or in a hurry, wait as long as possible to pick a dialogue option.
11 - Brew every potion while deep under the sea with a third of my breath remaining.
12 - Burn every single corpse and sing a prayer to the Dread God Shoghranath while adhering strictly to iambic pentameter.

Sorry, sorry, I was being serious up to the zigzag bit.

1. Geralt must always try to use the most logical solution to finish a quest regardless if it's tedious or will cost him more money or time. If no one has to die, then that's the choice I try to go for.

2. Regardless of Geralt's demands for payment most of the time, if a quest offers the option to forgo payment (such as he fails to save someone and the payment is offered anyway) he must do so. He may be greedy at times and demand compensation for his honed skills and valuable time and efforts but he has integrity and understands poverty. If the poor offer him payment and I can refuse to accept it, absolutely.

3. Picking up anything that isn't nailed down. I don't even need money, I have 60k in game that I can't spend...but I'm still sure as hell going to take those free ingots of silver or meteorite ore... (Besides, sure as hell going to be looking for some at some point and then the NPCS charges obscene amounts of money for it!).

4. When picking options in dialogue, I try to go with the least rude options.

5. Never refusing to help any NPC even if he has a ton of quests already in the list needing done.

6. If there's a quicker way off the beaten track, I'll take it regardless of risks.

7. Walk, boat or use Roach to travel instead of using fast travel (unless obviously moving between Areas like white orchard, Skellige, etc). If there's no boat, then I swim. Long travelling means finding more monsters, ingredients, treasure, quests and encounters.

8. When travelling in towns during the day, I have Geralt wear a white shirt, dress pants and fancy boots (can't remember the item names off hand) so that he blends in and doesn't seem too imposing, stupid I know but ihe shouldn't need his armour on in towns.

9. Meditation every day cycle for at least four to six hours (usually in the evenings). He's a witcher and I don't think he'd function well with only an hour meditation every four days lol.

Always bump into shady individuals.

Fire off a few crossbow bolts into the air as I ride out of towns. Only wish I could go "Yeehaa".

Always try to kill archers with their own arrows.

Always visit Dandilion, Zoltan and Passiflora when I visit Novigrad.

Provoke witch hunters where ever possible.

Try and play every card even when I've already won at gwent.

During night I turn the gamma down until it is dark enough that I need a torch or cat. During day I turn the gamma up enough that I can see everything clearly. Same goes for dark dungeons, etc. I hate it being night or in a cave and the only difference is things are now blue/black. It should be dark!

If there is an explosive barrel I take all the time needed to corral the badguys around it and then blow it up - even if that takes longer than killing them plainly.

What is THIS? an inn FOR ANTS?
I want it at least... three times bigger!

Err, it was supposed to be a clickable thumbnail to the full-size. Trying again...

Fire off a few crossbow bolts into the air as I ride out of towns. Only wish I could go "Yeehaa".

I literally LOL'd at this. Maybe because I immediately thought of Blazing Saddles.

Try and play every card even when I've already won at gwent.

Never! That's like showing your hole cards when playing Texas Hold 'Em. If you win, you win. No need to rub it in.

---------- Updated at 12:38 AM ----------

Lol gotta be honest thought this was going to be a ridiculous post... Great stuff though, made me laugh. xD

There can be a little too much seriousness around here at times (I try to stay out of the Tech Support areas). So instead, we have some fun.

AND NOW WE DANCE.

-I use Better Combat Enhanced mod, which gives you a bit more preparation style alchemy. Since doing this, I've decided that I will only meditate in a safe location indoors (or in a cave I have already cleared).

-Park Roach in the most logical horse parking spot. Even if he goes elsewhere to drink some delicious, delicious trough water.

- Any Witch Hunters caught outside a city will be burned with Igni from behind. I think run like crazy back to Roach, hop on, and ride off laughing. A little revenge for mages, and a little showing the WH'ers that magic will bite back. And then run away giggling to itself.

- Always stand closer than necessary to Triss and Yen.

- All slow monsters are Yrden'ed while blizzarded (I also use... the name of the skill is escaping me right now, but the alchemy one that slows down time during an opponent's counter-attack). I think whirl around like a maniac for a while before killing them.

---------- Updated at 12:51 AM ----------

Oh. I also play all my Gwent cards, even when I've already won. In /order/ to rub it in the NPC's stupid NP-face.

I find it absolutely necessary to occasionally fire my crossbow into Roach's face. Sort of like the dog in that old Nintendo game "Duck Hunt," where you could not hurt him but you'd still frantically shoot at it every time it appeared.

There can be a little too much seriousness around here at times (I try to stay out of the Tech Support areas). So instead, we have some fun.

AND NOW WE DANCE.

Agreed.
If there is something that needs to be said. Say it. But then its time to laugh.

---------- Updated at 01:11 AM ----------

Oh. I also play all my Gwent cards, even when I've already won. In /order/ to rub it in the NPC's stupid NP-face.

We need a support group. Thrashaholics Anonymous.

I bought the special edition with witcher figure and wolf necklace...so the figure has to be on the table and i am wearing the necklace everytime i play... in the beginning it was more of an accident but whenever i fast travel i now light candles or torches before i click on the signpost. loot everything unless i am in , what looks like, poor people houses.and i finish every gwent game and play the very last card, even if i am beaten already

Top Bottom