• No

Votes: 61 7.0%
  • I wish this was a Sard poll

Votes: 27 3.1%
  • I don't get the "Sard poll" joke

Votes: 98 11.3%
  • I don't vote on polls

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • "I don't vote on polls". Genius, Reptile, just genius.

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Sometimes, we do things we regret. On a related note, how's it going today?

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Finished my second playthrough yesterday (395 hours in total - both are very thorough). Found out that Act 3 is not that messed up as it seemed to me at first playthrough.

The only things that still unbearable for me are depiction of Ciri-Yen relationships (way off how they used to be without ANY reason, and plain wrong accusations from Ciri) and Dijkstra's stupid death (no comments, that was just WTF).

But I love this game beyond the sanity limits :)

roach too OP with the tighter combat mechanics lol. do circles around people.

i can even drag them around with roach ;p they have some funny death animations then haha.

I LOVE this game but in my honest opinion level requriments for witcher armors are way too high. Here is why:
- reaching level of master quality armour is nearly impossible for most people
- you have to grind to achive required level or look for some kind of loopholes in game design, cheats, xp bugs and this is NOT FUN
- even when people finish the whole story they usualy do not meet the requriments for master quality armours
- and even if somehow they manage to get their hands on the armours, there is nothing more to do with it, the game is already finished, there is no room to play with it.
- it is almost like in other games that introduce the best weapon in the game right before the final boss, player has 5 minutes to play with it and game ends, except in wither case, master armours are introduced after the final boss and there is no game+ mode, playing game after fnishing the story mode is completely pointles at this point, there is no charcters to interact, almost no high level monsters to kill, no major story to follow and this is STORY DRIVEN game
- it is a single player game, why nerf the most fun things? why?

Summary: People need time to play with this gear and level 30 feels right at home for master quality witcher gear.

@Marcin Momot Are there any plans to adress this topic. Does the team acknowladge that it might have been mistake to higher the requirements for armours?

The 'alternative look' for Triss and Yen are not improvements. These women are not tarts and I see no reason to have them dress as streetwalkers. Ciri's new look is improved mostly around the eyes, which seemed too tragic before; no sane person would wear armor open over the heart.

It's normal horse behavior to shy at unfamiliar obstacles. Reassurance usually overcome such problems. I never had a problem with my horse in this game other than normal horse behavior.

There is a merchant in Novigrad that triggers a cutscene where he offers you rare goods he's looted from burning victims.
A secondary mission begins where you have to locate him via a scent, I follow the scent to the little dwarf merchant around the corner but the game will not let me speak to him. Is there a away I can finish this mission now?

There is a merchant in Novigrad that triggers a cutscene where he offers you rare goods he's looted from burning victims.
A secondary mission begins where you have to locate him via a scent, I follow the scent to the little dwarf merchant around the corner but the game will not let me speak to him. Is there a away I can finish this mission now?

I have the same problem. CDPR please fix.

Ok, think I'll add a few more feedback now.

The volume level in videos need to be raised to match the gameplay volume. In the middle of playing when videos are played, I can hardly hear anything. This probably is because of high dynamic range of the sound, I don't know but it should be fixed. I've tried a few audio settings but failed. Did anyone manage to get good equalization?

Also regarding these videos - It's really nice of CDPR to provide alternate appearances but when the video cut-scenes play, you can see the new skins are not in the videos. It's weird. So, at the battle in the witchers keep, I got Ciri with Zerrakenia skin but in the cut-scene, she's wearing the default skin. Also, same in the endgame video when she enters the tower. Would it be hard work to render videos with the alternate skins and associate the with the DLC enable/disable options? That would be nice.

It doesn't feel realistic that she should wear the same torn out rag throughout the game. Why didn't she tidy up her hair and makeup when she was at the Baron's place. It could be the baron who gifted her the Zerrakanian armor while seeing her off. Doesn't seem far fetched. He was in the habit of importing things fro far away lands. Why did Duny not give her some cool stuff when she met him in Vizima? As a major character, I expected the devs would keep such details in mind. Maybe it was a time issue, I understand. You crazy people made a huge game.

Also, the dangling and swaying characters in the cutscene at Kaer Moren after Geralt assisted Triss in the fight really creeps me out. Once again I ask for it to be fixed. I'm amazed people didn't notice it. I'd start a poll to get it fixed but I don't feel like it now.

Ok, that's all for now. Back to playing some more.

One piece of general feedback. Children's voices...especially random NPCs walking around...

VERY aware of the fact a grown woman is sitting there making very naff voices. Bit cartoony...

"Let's go kill some monsters!"
"What happened to your mug"

I can almost SEE the voice actress in her thirties or forties at a recording booth it's so obvious sounding (it's nearly as distracting as in Witcher 1 when the female NPCS wandered around Mumbling with French accents until clicked and the voices turned into Wendy Richard Cockney London or Ruth Madic Welsh lol. Cracked me up).

I can deal with clone NPCs but naff voices distract me for some reason....

Hello everybody. I am about to finish my 2nd playthrough at 325 hours atm. and wanted to give some feedback in hope, the game developpers might readit and hopefully take it into account.

tl;dr:
Technical issues of people using a 770 GTX card make it hard to play this game in a continous and immersive way

Xp are not enough, the overall xp curve needs a balance. Maybe make highest level witcher gear available at lvl 30. Easy fix. But still not satisfying as there won't be any content to do except a few contratcs and state of reason quest

The longer and more you play thorugh this game youwill notice its problems, especially on death march difficulty

Overall best game I ever played ignoring the problems above. I cannot wait for the expansions,which at some point was announced to be another 25 hours (at least) of gameplay or so I heard. But still, forcing me to buy a new graphic card when all games I own are looking gorgeous seems like coproate bullshit to me. A more detailed feedback follows below.

Game crashes... nuff said. Okay, jokes aside, I play on a GTX 770, which is a middle field but even Shadows of Mordor runs perfectly fine at the card's limit and looks gorgeous I might at.

The Witcher 3 on the other hand...not at all. I really do not know whether it is the gamesettings (although I tinkered with them for so long now, I think they aren't the problem, and yes I tried with low settings or YouTube advices for instance, to no avail) or just bad software. Please do something. I did all I could to solve this problem, but a game crashing constantly and even worse, a story driven game crashing when you have to have to listen and watch for a long time is impacted heavily by this, which caused hours of work simply wasted.

It was annoying to a level where I really considered selling this game on ebay or something, because the cycle of loading screens, annoying intro videos you couldn't skip and restarting whole fights plus backtracking scenarios where frustrating at best.

So, a verdict for this game by the technical issues I encountered along with general gameplay nuissances in this genre like constantly being bumping into obstacles and being stopped by seemingly only pixels of fences, clumsy horse handling, climbing over fences and low obstacles instead of being able to jump over them at full speed, sensitivity of running vs. walking mode etc. pp. is a clear fail.

I am sorry but the gameplay is crude and so inaccurate while many tasks in this game are relying so heavily on being precise and having a good timing. I know it is realistic but I am playing a game, not reality simulator.

This game did not lose anything if you addressed some convinience issues:

- camera maybe fixed on Geralts back always for instance, target lock and unhinched camera got me killed more often than bad play skills. Along with that I really want to have more radius when using the camera to search and enjoy the environment around me. I want to see the carvings on the armor and swords, want to see the skin details of human faces, monsters etc. Zoom in/out option is missing totally. Why?

- weird automatic targeting behavior. Geralt should be attacking every monster closest to his position automatically not the closest active hp bar visible.

- the target lock needs to be able to do as soon as a hp bar is shown. But you can't and have to be too close. This game seems to deliberatly put obstacles in my way so I won't dare to beat it as easily as it could be done or succeed with a more cautious strategy than running towards it till it attacks then trying to prance around it till I got enough time for target lock.

- Skellige got too many, way way too many, smuggler's hideouts, war bounties etc. On deathmarch I had a really hard time to actually reach lvl. 34, I did on the 1st playthrough but only after beating the game and with literally nothing left to do but looting the sunken chests on Skelliga. What's the point? Money has always been short in The Witcher but in Witcher 3 you have enough. For instance, I always managed to win the card tournament and earned 4,5k crowns. On my first playthrough I owned about 15k crowns at the end with still more sunken loot to be gathered. Maybe substract 5k or 6k caused by mispurchases (don't know if that is a word). If you have some management and just buy recepies for potions and cococtions you are planning to use and not just buy everything (like I did anyways but I guess you see my point), you will have even more money.

This is a gameplay perspective frome me, playing the 2nd time now, on deathmarch only, keep that in mind, please, I did not try any lower difficulty. I guess many things won't even appear on lower difficulty settings but death march is hard enough without intentionally difficult combat handling and annoyingly inaccurate movement behaviors.

Regarding earning xp and using highest level witcher gear you simply don't get enough xp in this game as someone else has pointed out at the first page of this thread already. So, scratch 50% of sunken loot and replace it with more areas to explore, specifically, abandoned sites which grant 120 to 170 xp, or increase xp gained by destroying monster nests.

- Level requirements overall. Travelling to Skellige is a level 16 storyquest. You exceed this by far if you do everything at recommended level in Novigrad and Velen. I tested it and noticed that you are level 20-22, not doing something more than 5 levels below or above its recommendation. This needs to be balanced. I wasted too much xp after entering Skelliga and starting there.

Anything to make it possible to use highest level gear before the boss fight and hopefully way before, not just when entering the last quest. A good time would be Battle of Kaer Morhen, in my opinion, but generally I think we should have access to this gear way before.

Okay, so, monsters: too many Drowners, Sirenes and derivates, too few Succubus, Demons, Fauns and such. Come on, you made a game for an adult audience so go all the way. And way too few Doppler incidents.

For example the Hime was so creepy (and shocking, goddamn you) and I really loved to have more creatures like this one (contracts even). The Hime story is my favorite at the moment.

Gwent: not anyway deep enough as it could be, I don't have all cards at the moment, even after beating the game (although more likely due to the bug which makes some NPCs not providing new card rewards after beating them) and I really wished they would give you more freedom for building a deck (or maybe there is, I don't know, I always kept the cards while following the little sidequest with Zoltan). But don't get me wrong, I LOVE!!! this mini game and I am eager to try areal TCG of it if they onsider publishing it at all. I just think it should be bigger and more established maybe in the expansion? I am looking forward to it :).

Okay, so this was a little rant about this game and it covers the most negative things I encountered for myself. Everything else is amazing and needs no further compliments (395 hours total, while you might substract a big number cause of crashes, glitches and such, still a solid 200+ hour of gameplay speaks of it own despite the negatives mentioned above).

Design of this world is amazing, the details are higher than I ever expected. The story is thrilling and caught me from the very beginning. The characters are well written and deeper than you might have thought and grow even more so conmsidering the different dialogue options you can choose. Awesome.

Though I really wanted Geralt to be less manipulated by Yens behavior. Her arrogance and bossing around (along with Keira Metz...god this woman so deserved my 1st playthrough's decision) I simply couldn't stand and the fact that Yen always thanks with sex or dubious compliments simply should not ave cut it all the time. Then again, I was playing Geralt and not a character gen version of myself. I got along to get Ciri but ultimatley, I couldn't be sympathetic with Yen (even less with Keira and Philippa Eilhart). Those 3 needed to burn on a pyre....I get carried away.

Last edited:
Xbox One.. Not enjoying this game at all. Purchased two copies and with all the issues that has been mentioned previously by numerous people to me the game is unbalanced. You adjusted the gear requirements to make the game even harder in my opinion, DM is unplable unless your willing to put up with the frustration of countless deaths with the rollback.. To me that isn't enjoyable.
Been playing games over 30 years and enjoyed every game I have wanted to play, I wanted to play this but have yet to enjoy the beautiful lush environments that are technically possible at this moment in time.
Let's hope the next patch will address these issues and maybe restore some faith.

First off i gotta say that this is one if not the best rpg iwe played this far, but there are things that could have been done better.

- low res textures especially in cutscenes as you get kind of a zoom effect making everything except characters look downright ugly(2000 ish quality graphics) Some textures doesn't hold up with ingame cam either like rocks some leaves etc.

- Simplified potion making. Should add an option to make you have to make the potions again with all ingredients each time you used it up. Many like the current system hence the optional choice. For different tastes.

- Could have made more out of the fighting, make the npc's smarter with different approaches, When you get stunned they just stand there instead of hitting you. If you get a 1vs1 fight you just spam the fast attack until the opponents stamina is low and kill em. Hardest fight in this game is when you encounter 5 or more nekkers at once, kinda sad.

- Should have removed the "?" from map making us have to explore for things instead of handing everything to us. If you remove the ? from map you won't get a grey sign after you done the encounter afterwards so it really not an option atm.

- Relic items should be a one time find to make them unique. Found 10's of same relics but with different stats cus of scaling. Relics should have more unique stats to them aswell

- Difficulty level is too low

- Story
Lack of linteraction with Triss , she's my choice of romance but during the last parts of the game there is almost no interaction with her.wouldn't mind a cutscene at kaer morhen before the batte and some dialogue options on the boat before final battle. And some ingame footage of them in Kovir
Strange that Triss gets completely forgotten about in the last third of the game, many of us has invested alot of time on Triss in the witcher 1 and 2 So very dissapointing that all we get is "well" and the slideshow picture at the end.
Yennefer and everyone else seems completely oblivious that im back together with Triss aswell witch is strange, so theres something lacking here and there.
Last act seem rushed aswell

Last edited:
The Witcher 3: WIld Hunt is one of these cases that i can't even start to talk of how good it is and how much i 'm enjoying it.
I got it a month ago, i 'm still on level 22 (i don't play many hours per day), so, i 'll come up with a better feedback when i finish (it will take me months, i guess).

Important: I have to say that it took me a low-budget upgrade of my p.c. and it runs very smoothly.

Guys how come the swords are floating on Geralt's back, i remember in the 2nd game they were tied on his leather holster thing...and same goes for the main characters and npcs, most of the weapons have no sheaths and are floating, Roche is another example.

Xbox One.. Not enjoying this game at all. Purchased two copies and with all the issues that has been mentioned previously by numerous people to me the game is unbalanced. You adjusted the gear requirements to make the game even harder in my opinion, DM is unplable unless your willing to put up with the frustration of countless deaths with the rollback.. To me that isn't enjoyable.
Been playing games over 30 years and enjoyed every game I have wanted to play, I wanted to play this but have yet to enjoy the beautiful lush environments that are technically possible at this moment in time.
Let's hope the next patch will address these issues and maybe restore some faith.
Well, you're bad. Haven't had any problems with the last dificulty. It's totally fine. I only died like 10 times in about 240h. of gameplay.

I completed the game recently on the PC and it was awesome.:D Here some plus/min things I found out about the game (my opinion):

PLUS

- Music is awesome.

- The game offers heaps of diversity and that is great. Say Oblivion is doing the same all over again.

- Using food to replenish health is better than using simple cure magic (too easy in games).

- Nice humor in the game. Bart and his friends are awesome. Where do you see singing stonetrolls. And that Emmentaler cheese sword in the tomb is nice.

- Great side characters next to Geralt, they all add loads to the game. I really love Philippa Eilhart, the Baron and Dijkstra.

- Great (and deep) diversity in all the quest. And some go quite unexpected ways.

MIN

- Enemy AI is sometimes weird. Them jumping back all the time, shieldholders never drop their shield after many hits, from a distance they don't attack anymore, while others like bears follow you half a continent when you run away.

- End of the game boss could be way more extreme and also in a more special setting. No tam tam towards it much, while it's the fight of the game.

- Skelige is too big with islands and treasures everywhere. It's so much of the same. Also the boat should go twice as fast as fast swimming. Now I hardly bothered the boats.

- More sorts of worlds. Like Dragon Age Inquisition. Ice world and poison world could be bigger.

- Weather change is alright, but days should last longer in real time. I am resting too much to get decent weather to see things again, some stuff is pretty dark.

- Geralt walks into objects regularly, everything houses and roads are just designed too small. Something never happened in for example Skyrim.

- Whole synthesizing armors/weapons is overrated as you find so many versions of each in the game anyway. No challenge there.

- Limted carrying weight was awesome till version 1.07. You had to work to stay below 160 making it more realistic. Now many things don't weight anything anymore.

- They say there are enough monsters in the game, but I think there could be more special ones/bosses.

- Shooting just Siren and Drowners underwater is all the same and becomes boring quickly, more diversity would be very welcome.

- Geralt could fall a bit more down before getting killed. Doesn't have to be Oblivion jumping.

w3 is a very truly great game
in spite of the many whiners, its a remarkable achievement
thanks red for making a very fun game
keep up the great work

Top Bottom