Hopes for 'future' content

+
Hopes for 'future' content

I've decided to list some of the things I've read on these forums that seem to be very reasonable and logical complaints of what the game is truly lacking. I've taken inspiration from three posts I've read and kept up-to-date with from time to time.

Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers) - http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/40716-Yennefer-of-Vengerberg-(all-spoilers)

The Triss Content and the Inconsistency of our romance's choice - http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...and-the-inconsistency-of-our-romance-s-choice

Triss Merigold (all spoilers) - http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/51724-Triss-Merigold-(all-spoilers)

[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer - http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/39674-Mega-SPOILERS-Immersion-Destroyer

These posts are actually among some of the best threads I've seen in terms of passionate players writing alternative dialogue, coming up with consequences if player does B instead of A or vice versa...

Now then, onto the list!

Yennefer of Vengerberg

- Portray Yen as the caring mother / love interest she really is. This is something that the game truly lacks, Yennefer shouldn't be portrayed as someone who is forcing something upon the player / Geralt. The game needs to show that Geralt trusts Yennefer and doesn't care what anyone else thinks about them as a couple. Not only this, but allow us to defend Yen when she needs it most, not just stand there seeing Yen taking the blame for something Geralt was involved in just as much as Yen. The game seems to make the player think that Geralt is just being dragged along with Yennefer for something she wants when it should've been what they both wanted. This also includes the fact that there's only 1 or 2 scenes where Yennefer is seen caring for Ciri. There should've been more of these scenes in the game making Yennefer look like she is the caring mother that she is in the books and showing that Ciri cares just as much for Yen as Yen does for Ciri.

- More scenes and conversations between Ciri, Geralt, and Yen.
In the game there seems to be a lack of scenes where all three are conversing together as a family. The only scenes shown with affection from Ciri is when it is between her (Ciri) and Geralt. Yen never once appears in a scene where Geralt and Ciri seem to be enjoying each others' company. Additionally, Yen never calls Ciri "Daughter" and Ciri never calls Yen "Mother". Not only this, but there's little to no scenes that include Yennefer and Ciri together without Geralt.

Triss Merigold

- More impact if you choose Triss as your romance option.
When choosing Triss as your love interest there isn't much content after you choosing her. If you choose her, there's some very good dialogue and then a romance scene but after those few minutes of conversation, there's nothing more involving Geralt and Triss with the exception of the fountain scene. There needs to more conversations with Geralt and Triss like the one in Novigrad after helping her get the sorcerers onto the boat and her staying with you. Small talk like their future together and how both care about one another is greatly needed in other parts of the game like Kaer Morhen, not just in Novigrad. Another thing that necessarily needs to be added, is the NPCs acknowledgement of the Geralt's romance choice. For example, Triss and Yennefer can talk together about Geralt romance option both secretly despising each other but behaving maturely like they really would.

- More scenes with Triss. The other thing that seems to be missing is Triss involved in conversations with other characters such as Ciri or Yen. Triss does have the 'Big Sister' bond with Ciri so it would make sense for her to have some screentime with Triss talking with Ciri. Another thing that seems to be very disappointing among the players is the variation in scenes, when bringing Ciri back for the Isle of Mists, Yen is the one seen kissing Geralt even though you might have chosen Triss, it can be improved if you had variation on these types of scenes depending on your romance option. For example, if you chose Triss over Yennefer, Triss can be the one to kiss you instead of Yen, after all, you did tell Yen you're no longer interested in her.

Post End-Game Content

- Impact on the world after ending. One thing that seems to be lacking in the game is the impact of our ending. It would very cool if the world changed based on your choices like if Nilfgaard wins and restores Temeria, the world will be seen with Temerian flags hung up and Temerian patrols passing by. These small additional features can go a long way into appealing the player and satisfying our immersion needs
:happy:

- Major characters stay in the world. One of the big problems with beating the game is that there's no major characters to be seen in the world. It can make the player uninterested to go further into the game because of the lack of these characters, it can be very depressing and disappointing too. Adding things like quests with major characters like Zoltan, Yen, Triss, etc after beating the game can be a very big bonus. It can also help if you added a few more Mini Games too, maybe even playing them with Ciri, Yen, or Triss can be very cool too. It would also be nice to have a follower feature in the game where you can take someone with you such as Ciri accompanying you on some contracts.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

This may be to much to ask for but many who have posted on the forums seem to be supporting this and show that they're willing to pay for something like this. This is, after all, the final game going along with Geralt's story and we would like this last game to be the best and enjoy this for the years to come.

If anyone else has more ideas on content they could possibly add, then let me know but so far this is as much as I could get out of the posts I mentioned above.

Didn't have the intention of registering onto the forums, I mainly just read the things people had to say but I joined because I think this post is worth it. I think this post listed all the things I also wanted but I think the content also needs more than end game and romance stuff, maybe new characters and places to explore would also be cool to see in future DLC. BTW I'm surprised no one took this username already lol.

Not sure how likely any of this is to happen, but I think your suggestions are reasonable and echo what has been said by the majority of us on the forum.

The one item which you left out is Eredin and the Wild Hunt - the main antagonist could use some fleshing out.

Not sure how likely any of this is to happen, but I think your suggestions are reasonable and echo what has been said by the majority of us on the forum.

The one item which you left out is Eredin and the Wild Hunt - the main antagonist could use some fleshing out.

They actually are planning on doing something about the Triss problem. You're right though, maybe all of this may not happen but money talks ;)

Top Bottom