Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the "betrayal" again ... or it is just a mistake :and remember Triss admit her fault to Yen

Triss is a big sister to Ciri, and many want to here sister-talk just like you want daughter-mother talk

I mentioned the betrayal because I don't see Triss as a big sister of Ciri, not in the end of the books (yes in the beginning) or the games. Just a "friend" like could be Lambert or Eskel.

Again with the same song? Triss is not Yennefer towards Ciri. Triss is nothing more than a friend to Ciri (who betrayed her once) and Yen is HER MOTHER. Please, don't compare. :(

She's not a friend to her, she's an older sister, who helped her a lot when she was younger and she did need that help, that happened before Ciri even met Yennefer. Let's not forget that It was through her intervention that Ciri was not inadvertently given harmful hormones which might have negatively impacted her "womanly assets".

Ciri wouldn't have be "Ciri" if not for Triss and I think she's as important to her as Yennefer, that's my opinion.

Also in my opinion this whole "The inconsistencies with Triss romance" is simply frustration from group of fans that their loved character isn't in focus of this story. I mean their biggest problem is curse of "Well" and "Farewell". And it has nothing to do with inconsistencies in romance. You can romance Triss, if you romance Triss you have different game options and different end. I don't see any inconsistencies. All they are asking is more content for character. But they call it fix of inconsistencies and were really loud.
And devs made a mistake responding in their thread. People on forum see favoritism towards one group of their fans. Even their answer that they don't preffer one group of fans over another can't change their mistake.

And that was point of my original post few pages ago...they responded there and said they are TRISS FANS too.

I don't think that CDPR went as far as to say that what they did is considered a problem or fanaticism. I think they created a very large game and they're trying to cover a lot of that game's aspects in many ways, some of the book fans obviously support Yennefer but lets not forget that there are people such as myself who played the previous games before reading the books and invested 8 years developing an emotional attachment with some of the characters in it.

I think they're trying to approach this very carefully and they're taking reasonable requests under consideration, because they don't want to go as far as making one character have less than other, because obviously one of them have a lot less in general at the moment.

Oh, I think when people want to do a romance to be the key of a story or more focused on it than other aspects like the poor villain, it is a problem. Definitely.

I mentioned the betrayal because I don't see Triss as a big sister of Ciri, not in the end of the books (yes in the beginning) or the games. Just a "friend" like could be Lambert or Eskel.

Yennefer made a mistake that was a lot bigger than Triss's, that much I can assure you. That mistake almost killed Geralt.

Yup. It's getting there again. Whenever we mention our issues with Yennefer and Ciri content people come here to defend Triss and her romance. Just why? I know you feel like it needs to be changed. I do. So what?

Not exactly. I was responding to this.

I understand there was a big topic with a lot of people but...I don't know...I hoped we would get some short answer to Kallelinski post - at least some understanding or a positive note...

What about our feedback? Is that valuable for anyone?

With this.

The devs already heard you, in the game.

I'm going to self appoint me as representative of Team Triss and will make the following offer to you guys:
You give us the screentime, the song, the ending sections, the intro, the KM sections, the kiss, the forced flirting, a consistent story and we give you the dev responses.

Deal?

And the rest, well, it's the internet.

Yeah right, you definitely came here to discuss Yennefer and Ciri content. I can clearly see that when reading your post.
This is not a topic to discuss Triss and her romance. Please keep that in mind. We don't discuss Yen in yours either. ;)

You forgot to quote that part

That doesn't means Yen romance is ''perfect'', i know there is the lack of mother-daughter relationship and a not so good introduction for her.

And you take my answer out of context, it was an answer to another person, not you.

Ciri wouldn't have be "Ciri" if not for Triss and I think she's as important to her as Yennefer, that's my opinion.

Sorry?????

Completely diffirent POV between us with the book then.

And if i think right, in your playthough, even when Triss decide to leave for Kovir forever to not interfere with Geralt and Yen again, she still come back to defend Kaer Mohen for Ciri, Yen and Geralt because she care about them
And that was point of my original post few pages ago...they responded there and said they are TRISS FANS too.
And i don't see any problem of being TRISS fan, Konrad say he is forever with YEN too right

There's only a hug in Kaer Morhen... like Vesemir's or Triss' hug. And Ciri acts like if Yen were a stranger...

I'd say the hug moment is special like vesemir's but different from Triss. There's other family moments (lodge/aballach's lab) where they certainly don't act that strangers IMO. The lodge moment felt a real family moment of friction. At bald mountain ciri-Geralt talk about yen's reaction which is clearly that to a stranger. So no I don't see your stranger perception. Like I said I think there's a case for another moment of counterpoint to show the intimacy.

I'd say the hug moment is special like vesemir's but different from Triss. There's other family moments (lodge/aballach's lab) where they certainly don't act that strangers IMO. The lodge moment felt a real family moment of friction. At bald mountain ciri-Geralt talk about yen's reaction which is clearly that to a stranger. So no I don't see your stranger perception. Like I said I think there's a case for another moment of counterpoint to show the intimacy.

Geralt and Ciri act like family IMO. Yen doesn't... A zero on the left. And any single nice word or gesture of Ciri towards Yen.

Oh, I think when people want to do a romance to be the key of a story or more focused on it than other aspects like the poor villain, it is a problem. Definitely.

The romance is a part of a beautiful game which CDPR has created, I think that considering this is the last game that people deserve to have more romance with the characters they love. If CDPR didn't care about the romance in the game as much as they did, it wouldn't have been the same game we're currently playing.

I think that from reading the books, I've established enough about those characters and some of them already have too much history with Geralt, I'd rather focus on what we currently have in the game, because there is no point of dwelling on what was added from the books and what wasn't.

When we play a game this huge and with this enormous number of people playing it and discussing it, it's very difficult for CDPR to satisfy everyone.

People are upset about the lack of conversations with Eredin, people are upset about the way Yennefer was introduced, people are upset about the lack of interaction between Yennefer and Ciri, people are upset about the romance between Triss and Geralt, people are upset about the interaction between Triss and Ciri.

Points that are raised by the community are discussed between designers and leads, most often. If we agree that something needs to change, we approach production and it is discussed in more detail and with all people who are affected involved. If overall we agree something needs to be changed, we look at how we can make adjustments and what would be required to really fix any given issue.

At that point it is pretty much out of designers hands. We may get the go ahead to do the changes or we may not. This can have various reasons. None of these include us being too lazy to do it

For obvious reasons I cannot discuss specifics. Hope this gives a bit more of an idea of how we process your feedback here.

This quote should answer it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom