Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather not bother anyone with my own interpretations and dive more into an off-topic discussions. So, I'll leave it that and wish you all a great evening.

Weird... when all is about our interpretations of a game made by CDPR's interpretations of the books, the variables increase exponentially to infinity .... and everyone is right.

So, we'll repeat this till the end of the times.

I''l do it now too... I don't wanna feel alone in this marathon....

There's no choice because:
1. The first time gamer meet Yen she is surrounding by the enemy, nilfgaardian soldiers. Negative impression. She almost order instead asking for Geratl to meet The Emperor Emhyr, Negative impression. She has looking sor Geralt because she needs him. Negative impression.

2 the first time Geralt meet Triss, there's a previous introduction where gamer see Triss' home destroyed, She is pursuit. Possitive impression. She must to hide from a powerful force armed. Possitive impression. She is presented as a volunteer to help Geralt for free Jaskier. Very possitive impression.

I stop here. Don't talk about necromancies versus Fairy Tale Party Fair choices? A bitch colaborating with the enemy against a poor maiden in distress? Dammit, the choice doesn't existt. Gamer is leaded.

It's supossed the CDPR's games were about stay far away of good and evil, but I cannot see these introduction between both charaters. Fair? for who?

Last edited:
Weird... when all is about our interpretations of a game made by CDPR's interpretations of the books, the variables increase exponentially to infinity .... and everyone is right.

I just don't get why would people share their opinion and then refuse to discuss it. Here it is, take it. Nope, not gonna explain myself. Just why?

Even waifu wars can be useful sometimes ;D

Yes, as long as they're solved in bed.

This is not the case.

I responded in both threads. Maybe I didn't respond the way some people would like me to, but I explained why in quite some detail. Just because we are not commenting in these threads 24/7 doesn't mean we don't read and don't discuss issues in-house.

So please do not assume how the whole team here thinks. And also please do not claim we don't respond when we clearly do. It's things like this that make it difficult for me and other devs to post.
If you read this topic you should know that I've said not once that dev's were not afraid to do something in game becasue they fear reaction from Triss fan's or Yennefer fans or something else. I said that dev's point of view is that this story is about Geralt and Ciri.
But I do think that you've made a mistake responding only in on thread (that is closed now) it's my opinion. The responds you've made there and silent in this thread at that time made people think that dev preffer one group of fans over another. And your later responds here didn't help much as you can see. Also I didn't meant that you didn't respond here at all. Sorry for this misunderstanding.

I can't participate in forum discussions and such but I do check these forums every once in a blue moon. Yet here I am, checking the "Yennefer of Vengerberg" topic and almost all posts here are about poor poor Triss and how poorly she was handled? Because Triss is just as important to Ciri? I guess Triss was actually the true love of Geralt in the source material as well? Is the source material these forums rather than the books now? Is this serious?

Like I said, I don't follow these discussions but I was still exposed to comments like "TRISS 4 LIFE!!!" "Triss >>>>>>> Yennefer" "YEN IS A BITCH!!!11" EVERYWHERE. And because I heard so many complaints about Triss romance even though I tried to stay away, I went into the game thinking, for some reason, CDPR fell out of love with Triss this time around. What do I find instead? Such a group effort of almost all NPCs to convince me Triss is the real deal: "I'll leave you two alone because obviously you need it", "ah my beautiful, gorgeous lady", "love birds", "such beauty", "take her, love her, keep her", "you're an idiot" (for leaving her)... Don't remember the exact quotes but I'm sure everyone knows what I'm talking about. Not only that, but this Triss is indeed an equal to Yen: "Who would Ciri look for? 1. Dandelion. 2. Triss and Yennefer." "Radovid is a threat to Triss and Yennefer." "Triss and Yennefer, Triss and Yennefer, Triss and Yennefer"... So at this point, I really shouldn't blame Triss fans after all.

150 hours in and I'm finally sailing to Skellige. Surviving all the brainwashing attempts of all the NPCs and Triss' puppy dog eyes, I'm yet to hear anything from Yennefer apart from the very start of the game and "Triss and Yennefer, Triss and Yennefer, Triss and Yennefer". I'd like to at least see one topic about "Yennefer" but no, again it's "TRISS and Yennefer." So here's an angry post from someone who read the books and plays the games despite Triss and how favourably she was handled, not poorly at all. So if you can't put yourself in someone else's shoes who doesn't share your tastes and if you still want more more more Triss, why not stick to that character's thread?

Edit: And until I can respond, this topic has set sail to a completely different tone already. Anyway, I'll leave it here just as a reminder for people who's interested how inapproachable these forums have become - at least for me.

Last edited:
But this 'vision' is OOC for both Yen AND Ciri.Why would Ciri trust Avallac'h(who had certain plans for her in the books)more than her mother?
She's spent years in the games relying on avallach for her very survival. I think it's very understandable that's why she trusts avallach, doesn't she even state as much when Geralt asks her suspiciously about him. Personally feel there's possibly deeper hidden feelings too after all that time together, hence her reaction to elf girl.
Yen's intertwined with emhyr, which given it takes till the epilogue & some prodding for her to work past previous negativity might prompt a moment's irrationality. To me ciri is pushing at both protective parental bonds, with Geralt Though you can show your not motivated by emhyr's power and money, let her set agenda as an adult(skall, horse robbing), be playful with her(snowball etc).

This is not the case.

I responded in both threads. Maybe I didn't respond the way some people would like me to, but I explained why in quite some detail. Just because we are not commenting in these threads 24/7 doesn't mean we don't read and don't discuss issues in-house.

So please do not assume how the whole team here thinks. And also please do not claim we don't respond when we clearly do. It's things like this that make it difficult for me and other devs to post.

Personally, I'm not saying nothing about if you, guys, have replied here and there X numbers of posts.

The slighty and tiny difference I can notice is that one reply was for agree with some lack of interaction of one character in the 3rd act. But no one word about another character's introduction and how the chance to romance her is quite later in the game from the best introduced character. But, among thousands of pages and posts, some angrys others possitives if very hard to find the needle in the haystack. Never mind.

Thank for your times, you Ginger and the rest of CDPR.

Last edited:
Good evening comrades.

Maybe we can go back to that awesome and productive vibe we've had when we talked about Yen?

I also feel like we should toast, to our combined efforts, to Kallelinski's huge effort, and to GingerEffect, for bringing us good news that our suggestions are at least being seen.
Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing (lol only one??? not true) that bug's me about Yennefer in the books it's her decision to send Ciri to sorceress school in Aretusa. When Geralt ask her if she had a doll in Aretusa Yennefer says that she didn't have any toys in her childhood (poor girl) and ask him not to ask why and not to ask about Aretusa. It seems she wasn't quite happy there. And we know she was trying to kill herself in Aretusa. So why she wanteed to send Ciri there 0_o

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom