Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing (lol only one??? not true) that bug's me about Yennefer in the books it's her decision to send Ciri to sorceress school in Aretusa. When Geralt ask her if she had a doll in Aretusa Yennefer says that she didn't have any toys in her childhood (poor girl) and ask him not to ask why and not to ask about Aretusa. It seems she wasn't quite happy there. And we know shr was trying to kill herself in Aretusa. So why she wanteed to send Ciri there 0_o

Because her powers were immense danger not only to herself but also to everyone else. She needed a proper magic training, more than Triss or Yennefer could provide. If you read the chapter about Ciri's time there it wasn't that bad...

Coming here after few-hour break...

Because her powers were immense danger not only to herself but also to everyone else. She needed a proper magic training, more than Triss or Yennefer could provide. If you read the chapter about Ciri's time there it wasn't that bad...
Where there? Ciri wasn't studying in Aretusa as I remember. And Yennefer is arhimagister of the magic and best teacher. Also you need to remember that she will be alone in Aretusa for long time (without Yennefer and Geralt) and when she will end her education she will be a woman not child. So Yennefer is willing to abandon her daughter 0_o

Last edited:
Where there? Ciri wasn't studying in Aretusa as I remember. And Yennefer is arhimagister of the magic and best teacher. Also you need to remember that she will be alone in Aretusa for long time (without Yennefer and Geralt) and when she will end her education she will be a woman not child. So Yennefer is willing to abandon her daughter 0_o

Nah she wasn't. But I mean she thought it was going to be terrible and she even ran away, but from the part with
Margarita and Tissaia I could tell they just wanted the best for the girl and train her without any wrong intentions.

Time of Contempt Chapter Two...

Last edited:
Nah she wasn't. But I mean she thought it was going to be terrible and she even ran away, but from the part with
Margarita and Tissaia I could tell they just wanted the best for the girl and train her without any wrong intentions.

Times of Contempt Chapter Two.

I think it's deeper than that.Yen is afraid of showing emotions.She was growing attached to Ciri and didn't know how to deal with this(plus her relationship with Geralt was a huge ? at the time).So she found an easy way out:send Ciri to Aretuza.

Times of Contempt Chapter Two.
In the same book she ask a boy to show her Aretusa and after seen it she says something "ah-ha as I thought more like a prison" :) Yeah, I know that Margarita wouldn't be as strict as Tissaia but she run awat not because of that. She wanted to see Geralt before going to Aretusa.

---------- Updated at 09:56 AM ----------

I think it's deeper than that.Yen is afraid of showing emotions.She was growing attached to Ciri and didn't know how to deal with this(plus her relationship with Geralt was a huge ? at the time).So she found an easy way out:send Ciri to Aretuza.
Hmm interesting... but still she found a child she will never have and just as she became really close to her and was naming her daughter she decided to send her away :( no logic. This action will hurt Yennefer in first place.

---------- Updated at 10:00 AM ----------

Now I'm thinking that people who were searching for Ciri almost got Geralt and were close to find Yennefer and Ciri. Maybe this was the only way to protect her identity from the kings and Vilgefortz? Send her to Aretuse with false name and bio...

What... That wasn't an easy way out but a necessary and logical step to take. But then again that's just my opinion...
I wouldn't call it an emotional decision, but rather a rational one. That's the way Yennefer is, when she can't deal with
her emotions she just does what she thinks is the best. She wanted to protect her, not get rid of her cause of emotions.

Now I'm thinking that people who were searching for Ciri almost got Geralt and were close to find Yennefer and Ciri. Maybe this was the only way to protect her identity from the kings and Vilgefortz? Send her to Aretuse with false name and bio...

Precisely. She could try to learn to control her powers there and she would also be safe under a false identity. Magic.

Last edited:
Hmm interesting... but still she found a child she will never have and just as she became really close to her and was naming her daughter she decided to send her away :( no logic. This action will hurt Yennefer in first place.

It's pretty logical for a sorceress.As Tissaia de Vries said,a woman should choose,whom she wants to be:a sorceress or a mother.

---------- Updated at 10:03 AM ----------

What... That wasn't an easy way out but a necessary and logical step to take. But then again that's just my opinion.
I wouldn't call it an emotional decision, but rather a rational one. That's the way Yennefer is, when she can't deal with
her emotions she just does what she thinks is the best rationally.

Well,of course it's a rational thing to do.And a way to not having to deal with emotions.

I understand it a little deeper (if possible):

Aretuza is the best place for being near Ciri in a "save" spot. And keeping the most known (by her, Yen) enemies's Ciri's freedom (The Lodge) watched and controled.The mother-role which Yen must to play is not easy at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom