What missed in the witcher 3?

+
  1. A theft system - not necessarily stealth but ffs, let NPCs react when you steal all of their stuff in front of them.
  2. A better / more fleshed-out main story towards the end
  3. More things to do. Axe throwing, dice - both were mentioned prior release, where are they now?
  4. Actual world states at the end of the story - showing a slideshow to tell you what happened is not the 'coolest' way to handle this. How awesome would it be, if you could actually see and experience the state of the world for yourself, with all the main NPCs in the right place (maybe even some new locations, if that's not a stretch)...
  5. More active, special abilities in the skill tree - e.g. special moves for swordfighting, there are 2 of them... (at least they're great) And where's my maxed out blue Igni that was also mentioned in interviews?
  6. More monsters (maybe some bigger ones). There are a lot already, but many of them are just variations or simply a bit too samey. Flying creatures are especially lacking in variety.
  7. Better underwater. It shows that the swimming part was kind of an afterthought. It's good that it's there, but these sequences are usually pretty boring.
  8. Worth mentioning: Arena mode, new game plus and a harder difficulty level (not permadeath).

That's about it, most of these things could be improved by the 2 upcoming expansions I imagine - if they want to call them expansions then I'm hoping they aren't just new stories with new characters, but they actually expanding the main game.

Last edited:
Something meaningful to do with the cool-looking trophies - even something simple like a royal huntsman from witcher 1 buying every trophy from you would suffice.

- A more interesting quests structure rather than this "use Witcher sense to win"
- Combat balance (I put 10 points into strong attack and fast attack is still more effective all of the times?)
- Good enemy A.I. and attack moves (They could have just taken it from The Witcher 2 but apparently Console players are idiots according to CDPR). I can basically spam-attack anyone to death with no fear of him attacking back
- A working targeting system
- Skills and abilities to unlock to enhance the parrying and the dodge, it's an RPG damnit
- Make the parry not useless and the dodge not so OP
- I'm only in the Velen part so don't know if it changes, but my past decisions from TW1 and 2 are provide cameos at best. (It's a joke, in TW2 I made kingdoms rise and fall, saying that "the Nilfgaardians invaded" is no excuse to ignore the fate of Temeria and Upper Aedirn. If so it basically renders the choices from TW2 meaningless)

Last edited:
I would very much like to see some kind of fleshed out mediation state/resting or camping ability, it seems to me like they have this beautiful open world with many nooks and crannies to explore purely for immersion purposes, just imagine how immersed you could be with the ability to set up a small fire/camp anywhere that is free from enemies. It wouldst need to work any differently than the normal meditation state, the animation is already there it's just that Geralt immediately stands to his feet when you come out of the menu. Think something similar to the main starting screen before you play, it's only a small thing but I would love to camp out under the stars or mediate under a tree in a heavy storm just taking in the scenery.

Temple Isle. I was floored when I stepped foot in Novigrad for the first time. It was huge, filled with life, lots of places to visit and people to greet.

Then I went to Temple Isle and there's like 2 people there you can talk to and that's it. There's nothing really there except that merchant, a place of power, and maybe a small quest. I mean hell, Temple Isle is nearly the size of Oxenfurt if not bigger.

Hopefully one of the expansions can give us some more to do there.

If they do a New Game Plus mode then it doesn't matter, finish the story as much as you want and start over with a higher difficulty setting until you max out the difficulty, however keep resetting and you have infinite contracts. I know they said they respawn but they don't.

Something that is missing is why is it that Cirilla is the only woman wearing a bra in the entire game? From what it looks like she has the best freaking curve to her boobies in the entire game and they decided to hide this from us!

in your opinion what's missing in witcher to be even a greater game than already is!?

:hmm:

to me it lacks monsters and contracts

i was expecting to fight huge bosses not only 2 or 3 times, Huge monsters invading towns villages that sort of thing as well as saskia and iorveth

More Triss, more Eredin and more rare monster contracts.

What does the game need?

1. Better hitboxes for some monsters, especially forktail (I try to hit it's head but it does not take damage or even look like it got it, it's like I'm hitting thin air) and some other monsters

2. More high-level content, I'm thinking especially between lvl 26 and 35, and then of course 35+ but I guess that will be coming with the Expansions. And, as much as I really like the "no monster scaling thing", I would have hoped they'd at least make and exception for The Wild Hunt, so that the Wild Hunt is always at least within 5 level in comparison to you, because if you do a lot you will just be more than 5 levels above them and way better, especially if you got the Superior Armor sets and the Skill Points from most of the Places of Power.

3. Iorveth and Saskia. They should have been all along

4. Kalkstein and Shani. Well, the former is another story, but I would have still liked to see him

5. More time with your friends before the end. I mean, a little bit like the Citadel DLC of Mass Effect 3 (like someone already said), but less crazy and more.... like..... ahm.... more Witcher-y obviously. Like the down-times and conversations always went in the books and games between certain characters. I mean, I have to say, they already did a tremendous job, and maybe that is the exact reason why I want more

5b. Also, and that might be an alternative to the above, maybe some time and conversations and stuff to do with your friends AFTER the main story is over.

6. More variety in some monsters. Different Vampire types (different looks for the different types too please), more female versions of certain monsters, maybe a Dragon (a golden one? Don't know, we have Saskia for that, but maybe a Blue or a Green one))

7. More monster contracts for endgame lvl 35+

Yeah I also want something done about the difficulty .. its not hard enough anymore after a few hours... death march needs to be harder or a new difficulty is needed.... witcher gear lvl requirements need to be lower while their stats get nerved.... so you can wear mastercrafted before the game ends.... mastercrafted at early or mid 20s would be nice... caranthir and eredin could be a little more difficult to beat too

Last edited:
Yeah I also want something done about the difficulty .. its not hard enough anymore after a few hours... death march needs to be harder or a new difficulty is needed.... witcher gear lvl requirements need to be lower while their stats get nerved.... so you can wear mastercrafted before the game ends.... mastercrafted at early or mid 20s would be nice
They can do like naughty dog did with the last of us and make a type "grounded mode".. imo that is not hard enough either. I want it to be so hard that it makes me feel special when its over (yes lol.. thats what she said).

They can do like naughty dog did with the last of us and make a type "grounded mode".. imo that is not hard enough either. I want it to be so hard that it makes me feel special when its over (yes lol.. thats what she said).

Yeah so far im not feeling the need of potions and oils... enemys must be so hard that you really want to use all the stuff ... need a hardcore mode that lets me struggle throughout the whole game... there were only few rare occasions ... like the werewolf or katatakan that posed a threat

Deeper characterization of the Wild Hunt.
More interaction and relationshipbuilding between Geralt/Yennefer, Geralt/Triss, Geralt/Ciri, Yen/Ciri, Triss/Ciri, Geralt+Yennefer+Ciri/Eredin/Imlerith/Caranthir,
Aen Elle-background,flashbacks, dialogues

Why is Geralts time at the Wild Hunt completely mssing? (Geralt being Eredin greatest champion)

Avallach and Ge'els are both characters with potential which isn't used to the fullest.

Act 3 is the weakest part of the game with far less complex quests, scenes and interaction between the main characters.

Very limited protagonist-antagonist interaction, besides killing of each other.

There are many things in TW3 that left to desire.

Yeah so far im not feeling the need of potions and oils... enemys must be so hard that you really want to use all the stuff ... need a hardcore mode that lets me struggle throughout the whole game... there were only few rare occasions ... like the werewolf or katatakan that posed a threat
Igni firestream usually stun vampires long enough to do it over and over until it dies. Hardcore mode sounds perfect.

Next to what i already mentioned:

1. Raven Armour Set
2. Arondight (be really Aerondight not maugrim)
3. Lady of the Lake goddess (i miss her nice aysss :p )

WE WOULD NEED THIS LULLABY in the game

a challenging difficulty for the latter part of the game. Death March is only challenging the first few levels, once you level up you cut everything down easy. This was always a theme with witcher games though. In all 3 games its challenging maybe even crushing at first easy afterwards.
Make a difficulty that keeps the pressure especially when you have more ways of killing your enemies as the game progresses.

Top Bottom