EXP and leveling question (PC Version)

+
EXP and leveling question (PC Version)

Hello all,

I've reached level 26, have cleared almost all of the Velen quests, most of the Novigrad and Oxenfurt quests, a large portion of the quests in Skellige, all of White Orchard, and have finally reached Kear Morhen. I have yet to play Gwent outside of the initial game in the bar of White Orchard. The Gwent quests are untouched and the ones that I did pickup are grey colored (low or no EXP gained from completing). Velen, Novigrad, Oxenfurt, and White Orchard have no question marks on the map (fully explored). Skellige has a 40-60 question marks left and many of them are out at sea.

My concern is that there won't be enough quests (non-Gwent) and question marks left for me to reach level 34-36 and I've already run into at least 1-3 quests/witcher contracts that are bugged and can't be completed (Skellige's Most Wanted comes to mind). My question becomes is it necessary to use the infinite EXP glitched quests (post 1.07) to reach 34-36? I haven't used any of them. Grinding level 22-29 mobs seems quite slow since they barely pay a pittance of EXP and respawning them can be a pain. There are exceptions to the respawning such as the level 30 cyclops. I haven't touch town guards as they might offer good EXP but at a much higher risk and potential slower kill speed.

FYI, I'm playing a signs/high sign intensity build (227% sign intensity and 398 Ingi intensity) without the aid of alchemy, potions, or decoctions.

Last edited:
Main quests will give you a lot of exp. My bet that you'll easily end up with that at level 34, or maybe even 35-36 with all side quests.

Most if not all of the Skellige side quests are done. I've already help Cerys, thus without spoiling things, I'm done with her and her dad. The main quest line that will have me travel to Kaer Morhen is where I'm at now. As far as Novigrad is concerned, I did all the quests, side quests, treasure hunts with a single exception. I've already picked my love interest as the bytchy, dark haired, brain scanning, poutty lipped, phat assed, mage in black, (although I'm starting to think the red head would have been a better choice). The exception in Novigrad quest progression is that I decided not pursue the quest that involves regicide. My hunch was that it was too risky and could easily turn Geralt into a scape goat for the death of a Monarch. The quest I'm referring to is now gray at level 26.

I'd much prefer to be at 34-35 before I have to deal with the Wild Hunt and before CDPR pushes out 1.08.

Edit:
Its too bad I can't post my completed quest log.

That quest involves talking about it. Safe to pursue. You'll add another 10 or so levels just on main quests I think... you are further from the "end" than you think.

You will lose some levels overall from completing too many high level sidequests too early, but you should still be on target for mid 30s, unless you have significantly overlevelled for the main story at KM... that might put you back a level or two.

I just checked and it seems the infinite EXP glitched quest was fixed in patch 1.07 if one does not have the required goodies prior to the 1.07 patch install. Right now uncle Vesemir is performing an examination of that "thing". The quest to which that "thing" belongs is level 19 and grey so, I'm not sure if I'm over-leveled for the main quest chain.

Top Bottom