CDPR must hate PS4- dlc missing again

+
CDPR must hate PS4- dlc missing again

For the umpteenth time the latest dlc is available to everyone but PS4 users. This has happened with about half of the dlc, and as we all know PS4 users in much of Europe didn't get that latest patch until 4 days after every one else. I know some folks blame Sony for this, but it is the ultimate responsibility of CDPR to ensure that content is released. And once again the PS4 has been left behind, and there is silence from CDPR. This is simply not good enough.

You do realize that it might just be sony who take their sweet time in releasing it. CDPR can only give the dlc to sony and it they who control what and when on PSN.

I know some folks blame Sony for this, but it is the ultimate responsibility of CDPR to ensure that content is released. And once again the PS4 has been left behind, and there is silence from CDPR. This is simply not good enough.

It is their responsibility to put the DLC in Sony's hands and that is it. CDPR have no control over what Sony do after that and the reason they are silent is because they don't know anything. Sony are renowned for keeping information to themselves and have been for years. Anybody that played a SOE published game during the massive downtime a few years back knows full well that SOE released absolutely no information, even to their partners, until pretty much the moment the network came back up.

You can't blame CDPR for Sony's faults.

Sony is REALLY bad with their releases. I have a PS4 too and i'm not angry I have to wait an extra week, the only anger I would have is if it was paid DLC I had to wait for.

It is their responsibility to put the DLC in Sony's hands and that is it. CDPR have no control over what Sony do after that and the reason they are silent is because they don't know anything. Sony are renowned for keeping information to themselves and have been for years. Anybody that played a SOE published game during the massive downtime a few years back knows full well that SOE released absolutely no information, even to their partners, until pretty much the moment the network came back up.

You can't blame CDPR for Sony's faults.

Yes, but CDPR are responsible for checking if it is released and then taking responsibility for following up and informing customers. And if this were entirely Sony's fault, why don't CDPR tell us before releasing any content that PS4 is likely to get it late, or even go one further and release it early for PS4 so as to ensure that everyone gets it at the same time?

I've never had these late release problems with any other game, only Witcher 3. And ultimately the blame does lie with CDPR- in every other aspect of trade and industry contractors are never responsible for errors, but the accountability always lies with the parent organisation. So why should this be different?

My family, namely my kid has the PS4 and the new XBox.
He always comes back rather quickly to PC gaming.... it is simply superior in all ways.
Pesonally, the first thing that comes to mind when I think of consoles are "the limited save slots".
Wow... awesome.

But, on the good side, we now have two rather nice & expensive bookends on the shelf.... keeping our novels tightly packed between the two consoles.
Clearly they do the job in this regard really well ;)104

Talking about how PC is so much better, which might very well be true, doesn't really add anything to this particular discussion now, does it?
As bad as Sony may be with updating things and not sharing information, you have to admit that this is borderline ridiculous. It just keeps happening, week after week. Not the 1st time, or the 2nd, or even the 3rd. CDPR may not be responsible but this is their game, the one game that keeps getting DLC released, and being free isn't really an excuse, but rarely on time.
It's also weird that plenty of other games release dlc and it shows up on the store the day it's announced, on all platforms. Even if Sony is the one to blame, surely CDPR could say so. Instead they choose to say nothing, despite their dlc and patch releases getting delayed for the PS4 since the Nilfgaardian armor dlc.
At this rate PS4 players will get the 1st expansion at least 1 week later than everyone else.

For the umpteenth time the latest dlc is available to everyone but PS4 users. This has happened with about half of the dlc, and as we all know PS4 users in much of Europe didn't get that latest patch until 4 days after every one else. I know some folks blame Sony for this, but it is the ultimate responsibility of CDPR to ensure that content is released. And once again the PS4 has been left behind, and there is silence from CDPR. This is simply not good enough.

So you created an account just to tell us this?

:radovidsmug:

So you created an account just to tell us this?

:radovidsmug:

No. I created it a while ago. And if it were created just for this, so? What difference would that make to the point that PS4 doesn't have the dlc yet again? Or is it the case that only well established members are allowed to comment, and new members are not welcome?

Here is how releasing DLC & patches works. This applies to CDPR and to the other major studio I have worked with. I cannot guarantee this is how it works everywhere, but in my experience, this is how it works. This is an extremely simplified view and doesn't take into consideration all the business agreements, contracts, potential technical delays, unforeseen hoohah, etc and likely a million things I am forgetting that goes on, but gives you a rough understanding.

Studio finishes making DLC/patch
Studio alerts partners that patch/DLC is ready for testing (partners includes Microsoft, Sony, GOG, Steam, etc)
Partners test DLC/patch to make sure it works correctly for their systems
If problems are found, DLC/patch is reworked until issues are fixed.
Once DLC/patch is approved,date of release is scheduled (usually ASAP for patches, DLC on specific date)
Final DLC/patch is sent to partners for propagation onto servers for release
Release

Sometimes, depending on the partner, their servers may be scheduled on different dates or times depending on where in the world they are. THIS IS BEYOND THE STUDIOS CONTROL. This is the business practice of the partner and something that studios and fans have to accept. Partners and studios work together closely to communicate when possible the timing of releases, however, due to timezones and schedules, communication is not always possible.

Does this mean you should blame CDPR? No.
Does this mean you should blame partners? No.
It means you should understand that THIS IS THE WAY IT IS. It is not because the studio is lazy. It is not because the partners don't care. It is not because one platform is better/worse than another. This is the business. It is the way it is. Some things like this or different release dates depending on country/region are the way business is done. Can it be changed? Possibly, but it is not a simple change as it isn't one small studio making the change, it is mega-companies making global policy/practice changes.

So Funkenblows, now you know. You can continue to blame whomever you want to blame, but at least now you may possibly correctly understand why you are blaming whomever you are blaming. Just so you know.

I just went to the Sony store and it's there.

You must be the lucky one- it isn't on the UK PS store. Sigh.

And TheEvilChris, thanks for the informative post. I still blame CDPR. Everyone knows the update times for the PS store. If CDPR had any concern at all for PS 4 users they would ensure that a) a conversation took place with Sony prior to release to check if we will be getting it in line with others and b) inform us of the outcome. As us, we get nothing except silence, apart from the usual "x is now available for everyone" message. It isn't available for everyone. CDPR should be actively following up and keeping us informed.

You must be the lucky one- it isn't on the UK PS store. Sigh.

And TheEvilChris, thanks for the informative post. I still blame CDPR. Everyone knows the update times for the PS store. If CDPR had any concern at all for PS 4 users they would ensure that a) a conversation took place with Sony prior to release to check if we will be getting it in line with others and b) inform us of the outcome. As us, we get nothing except silence, apart from the usual "x is now available for everyone" message. It isn't available for everyone. CDPR should be actively following up and keeping us informed.

Yeah, sorry about that. I'm North America. It's not fair!

Here is how releasing DLC & patches works. This applies to CDPR and to the other major studio I have worked with. I cannot guarantee this is how it works everywhere, but in my experience, this is how it works. This is an extremely simplified view and doesn't take into consideration all the business agreements, contracts, potential technical delays, unforeseen hoohah, etc and likely a million things I am forgetting that goes on, but gives you a rough understanding.

Studio alerts partners that patch/DLC is ready for testing (partners includes Microsoft, Sony, GOG, Steam, etc)
Once DLC/patch is approved,date of release is scheduled (usually ASAP for patches, DLC on specific date)
Release

Sometimes, depending on the partner, their servers may be scheduled on different dates or times depending on where in the world they are. THIS IS BEYOND THE STUDIOS CONTROL. This is the business practice of the partner and something that studios and fans have to accept. Partners and studios work together closely to communicate when possible the timing of releases, however, due to timezones and schedules, communication is not always possible.

It means you should understand that THIS IS THE WAY IT IS. It is not because the studio is lazy. It is not because the partners don't care. It is not because one platform is better/worse than another. This is the business. It is the way it is. Some things like this or different release dates depending on country/region are the way business is done. Can it be changed? Possibly, but it is not a simple change as it isn't one small studio making the change, it is mega-companies making global policy/practice changes.

So Funkenblows, now you know. You can continue to blame whomever you want to blame, but at least now you may possibly correctly understand why you are blaming whomever you are blaming. Just so you know.

Thanks for the information it explains things a little better but as I see it if the delay is on one platform.or partner as you put it, then surely I should blame that partner for the delay or more importantly no explanation or acknowledgement for said delay. Marcin stated "patch 1.07 will be arriving on all platforms in the next 24 hours" he never mentioned a delay of days for certain areas or versions of the game in that statement. I'm not being argumentative, but if that's the way it is then perhaps, to avoid angry feedback on the forums, Marcin should refrain from issuing statements like the above or to adjust these statements to include "all areas may not receive the patch at the same time".

Last edited:
CDPR should be actively following up and keeping us informed.

My point has been all but confirmed by Chris.

Partners and studios work together closely to communicate when possible the timing of releases, however, due to timezones and schedules, communication is not always possible.

CDPR: Why is our DLC not available yet?

Sony: ...

CDPR: Guys??

If that happens what do you honestly think CDPR can do about it? They a) have no information to give you and b) can't force Sony to publish. They may well have had a conversation with Sony beforehand and might have been told that it would be available within 24 hours and Sony haven't managed that for whatever reason. All CDPR can do is keep asking questions until somebody gives them an answer. CDPR can't just flat out say "they aren't returning our calls" as that bad PR is not a good way to stay in business with them and there may even be legally binding agreements in place that state what CDPR can and can't say about them (and I can almost guarantee there is).

As Chris says this is just the way things work and the only people who can actually give you a definitive answer (Sony) don't post here. I can appreciate it is frustrating for you but throwing the blame on CDPR doesn't achieve anything and it isn't something CDPR can do anything about.

I'm not being argumentative, but if that's the way it is then perhaps, to avoid angry feedback on the forums, Marcin should refrain from issuing statements like the above or to adjust these statements to include "all areas may not receive the patch at the same time".

I read these lines for every single announcement out there. If CD Projekt did say “it might be coming, at some point” each time they release something I don’t think it would content everyone, even though it would make it thereby logically impossible to challenge their statements.

I read these lines for every single announcement out there. If CD Projekt did say “it might be coming, at some point” each time they release something I don’t think it would content everyone, even though it would make it thereby logically impossible to challenge their statements.

My main point is that if Marcin makes a vague statement then it's going to, without doubt, get rage postings or comments here or on Twitter/Facebook, there are people who will rage for the sake of it, there always are. How many times has he been forced to post responses like "we are aware of the delays and are investigating" after releasing these vague statements? A simple "all areas may not get the content/patch at once, be patent" would make his like a lot simpler in my opinion.

Release

Great post, thank you for sharing that. I play the game on both PC and PS4... If only people would know how much CD Projekt RED are sacrificing for the sake of Consoles. :sadtriss:

My point has been all but confirmed by Chris.i

CDPR: Why is our DLC not available yet?

CDPR: Guys??

If that happens what do you honestly think CDPR can do about it? They a) have no information to give you and b) can't force Sony to publish. They may well have had a conversation with Sony beforehand and might have been told that it would be available within 24 hours and Sony haven't managed that for whatever reason. All CDPR can do is keep asking questions until somebody gives them an answer. CDPR can't just flat out say "they aren't returning our calls" as that bad PR is not a good way to stay in business with them and there may even be legally binding agreements in place that state what CDPR can and can't say about them (and I can almost guarantee there is).

As Chris says this is just the way things work and the only people who can actually give you a definitive answer (Sony) don't post here. I can appreciate it is frustrating for you but throwing the blame on CDPR doesn't achieve anything and it isn't something CDPR can do anything about.

Well one could argue that posting anything here doesn't really achieve anything, be it criticism or praise. It is merely cathartic. Venting. CDPR either don't pay much attention to the forum, or don't feel compelled to respond, so all the blatherings on here from everyone else and I are nothing more than exercises in rhetoric.

That aside, you are working on the assumption that CDPR are actively querying delays with Sony, when we have had no clarification on the matter. Yes, we were told that the delay on patch 1,07 was being investigated, but it has been radio silence on all the late dlc. As others have noted, Sony are not late with this stuff on any other game, just this one. And Sony didn't promise us anything, it was CDPR who promise two free dlcs every week, and then didn't deliver them for PS 4 users. If it were a Sony game, I would be annoyed at them.

Top Bottom