How's patch 1.07 working for you?

+

How's patch 1.07 working for you?

• Total voters
Some other people are having the same exact issue too, I already been through a few threads and saw your name there (I didn't find any new information that could be helpful).
Thanks.

I think it's possible to complete this one now, you just can't loot the chest before you get the note, I looted the chest very recently before I read the note and it didn't seem to have any negative effect on completing the quest (That's on PC though).
I'm stuck with it saying read the letter you found but I don't have the letter to read, I believe I looted the chest before I got the quest.

I had the same issue with that quest, luckily, it's easily solvable. You just need to run away from the zone and run back in, sometimes meditating will work and the monsters will spawn after you do that (They just spawn very slowly and in my case, it took a bit to get it done because they kept spawning one by one).
I have tried this workaround a few times but yet to see anything spawn, maybe I wasn't being patient enough.

Lot of PC problems caused by this being the first patch in which they reset ALL user settings, and some people might have forgotten exactly what they had, or forgot to uninstall or remove tweaks and mods, which might have flown with all previous patches, but 1.07 changed a ton of core structures.

Have already seen a good 10-15 threads in which the issue was something minor OP forgot to re-set to previous settings.

Got the game during 1.06 and did a played many, many hours with all my graphics settings set on high or ultra and got 60 fps no problem. 1.07. however, has brought about bad stuttering that no amount of tinkering with my graphics settings has resolved. I even uninstalled and reinstalled my drivers today but to no avail.

It's disappointing that this issue has arisen because I was having such a wonderful time with the graphics before and now it's unplayable because the stuttering is making me nauseous :/

Looking forward to a fix.

Running all smoothly. The latest patch fixed a contract bug, and also reduced the NPC pop in. It's still not resolved completely, but it's better. I did not like the Igni nerf though, and if I knew this before updating, I probably would not have updated.

Lot of PC problems caused by this being the first patch in which they reset ALL user settings, and some people might have forgotten exactly what they had, or forgot to uninstall or remove tweaks and mods, which might have flown with all previous patches, but 1.07 changed a ton of core structures.

Have already seen a good 10-15 threads in which the issue was something minor OP forgot to re-set to previous settings.

Just an idea, maybe OP could include some basic, simple workaround for the patch or a notice (for PC maybe, I don't know for console), just to minimize the possibilities of user error stuffs. From what I read, some people found trouble with their game, and instead of trying to solve the problem firsthand by themselves or trying to get some information, they just post their whinings and complainings directly in the forums. Instant culture.

I voted for 1.07 works great, because despite some lagging and crashing once in a while (even like that since previous patch), I found that this patch are doing just fine this far on my second playthrough, and have fixed some of the bugs that I personally experienced. Almost none of the people said in the forums about how bad this patch is happened to me, this far. I'll post another update if something happens, though I really hope it works fine. :)

Is seems PC is getting more stable with each patch while consoles not so much. I may be imagining things but I wonder if LOD is better in 1.7 and that explains the FPS hit. If so, I'll take it. The FPS drop isn't that bad on my rig.

The problem I had with it is that the game would not progress past the title menu multiple times.

Additionally, and I don't know if this is a recent glitch, or ongoing, but lately I would get unable to save messages with no means of getting rid of the message, or getting the ability to save back. This means that any progress once it begins happening, are gone. Of course, usually I don't catch it until I've made at least an hour's progress. It's infuriating.

I'm on Xbone, so normally the game doesn't even close out if I turn it off, it just goes in to that sleep mode, and turning the game off means returning to exactly where I was.

Console patches. Buggy as hell.

They fixed one thing, breaked two.
Fixed two things, breaked four.
ad infinitum...

As far as I understood Roche glitches into this state where it's impossible to interact with him if you had one of the missions Get Junior or Eye for an Eye open when upgrading to patch 1.07.

No, I don't have an older save (been switching around and overwriting my 7 or so save files continously as usual and only encountered the bug much later after I had been playing on 1.07 for ages), and starting fresh os not an option, as this is my Death March playtrough, and I have probably invested a good 50 hours into it already.

That's perfectly fine, I was trying to figure out how it started. It seems that most of the issues are happening to the Consoles.

I'd rather quit this once so awesome game honestly, bugs and glitches are killing it for me right now. I'm just glad I didn't pre-order the season pass, if they don't fix gamebreaking stuff quickly I'm off and won't spend my money on the expansions, that's for sure. I'm not sitting around and waiting for them to fix their broken product, I consider my already limited gaming time too precious for that.

I know and I understand, I have a lot of free-time on my hands. I literally start a new play-through on both PC and PS4 every-time they release a new patch just to test those changes and see the differences for myself (In both quest progression and performance).

I honestly wouldn't except everything to be fixed before the second expansion is released and it never bothered me to be honest (The issues taking that long to be fixed) I know they probably have an entire department working 24/7 on the fixes.

I have no idea why you are defending CDPR, but rest assured I love what they accomplished with this game as a whole (not talking about the fiasco with the patches obviously, and ignoring the very bad 20 FPS you get frequently on consoles now). Their communication however is incredibly poor however, surely you cannot deny that. Monitoring the issues is not enough, they need to assure us solving all the newly introduced glitches is a top priority now and give us an ETA for fixes. What is it now, 3 days without a word?

I'm not defending them, I simply think that they've earned my trust after all those years, they have been responsive and considerate to our requests on more than one occasion. I'm just trying to help people figure out a way to fix those issues (I had a few issues myself on a few occasions) which I manged to fix by doing a lot of research. It may take a bit longer than 3 days, from my understanding once a patch is released, they start working immediately on the next one, they probably already have a list of issues that needs fixing and they're going to release those fixes with 1.08, 1.07 was hardly the ultimate fix for everything. Which means unless the current issues we're having completely broke the game, it won't be addressed in the next fix unless they delay it.

I'm on PS4. Voted accordingly obviously.

So far, the PS4 version seems to be getting most of the complaints.

ad infinitum...

Exactly, I have been playing this game since its release and it has literally crashed every time I play it. Not to mention the bugs and glitches. It amazes me how some quests are yet to be fixed

Regarding the controller scheme, this seems to be a bug that occurred with 1.07. I've seen some PC players complaining that holding Shift no longer compares the items. If you are a console player, try it yourself, you cannot compare weapons or armor at the merchants (but you can now compare things like saddles and saddle bags). When the developers put in the option to compare saddles and etc, they accidentally disabled weapons and armor comparisons.

At this point, I started to feel that the reason why I haven't experienced that many issues is because I started a new game upon the release of 1.07 - in the PC version hovering over the item with the mouse shows the difference between both items for me, I didn't even need to hold anything.

Regarding the World Map issue, no I have not tried starting a new game.

The reason I suggested doing that is because I didn't see that many people complaining about this issue (Doesn't mean that it's not there for you or it's less important of course) it just means it could be related to the save game itself.

I've had an issue before where I couldn't talk to the Blacksmith your rescue from the bandits for my reward or the armorer in Skellige (Which rendered me unable to buy the new DLC items) on the PC, I fixed it by using the developer console but on the PS4 starting a new game fixed both issues for me.

---------- Updated at 04:51 AM ----------

The patch has helped improve my overall performance; I usually play in medium settings but 1.07 allowed me to put a couple of graphical settings to high resulting in the same FPS rate as before.
But.... now I'm running into a bug in a main story mission, my game keeps freezing during the first conversation with Keira. I've searched around and it looks like this bug was already there before 1.07 but I only encountered it now. Done all the suggestions I can found, nothing worked.
I can't do anything but stop playing now :cry:

Try switching from Windowed, Borderless to Fullscreen and the other way around. I can guarantee that one of them will work and you'll be able to go through the conversation with her without the game freezing.

---------- Updated at 04:53 AM ----------

I had the same issue and I managed to fix it by changing the display output to Fullscreen from Borderless

---------- Updated at 04:59 AM ----------

Got the game during 1.06 and did a played many, many hours with all my graphics settings set on high or ultra and got 60 fps no problem. 1.07. however, has brought about bad stuttering that no amount of tinkering with my graphics settings has resolved. I even uninstalled and reinstalled my drivers today but to no avail.

It's disappointing that this issue has arisen because I was having such a wonderful time with the graphics before and now it's unplayable because the stuttering is making me nauseous :/

Looking forward to a fix.

Someone was having a similar issue to this one, the fix should be provided within this post http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...king-for-you?p=1858028&viewfull=1#post1858028

---------- Updated at 05:01 AM ----------

Now under 1.07 I cannot play AT ALL

The game is not working at all now? :surprise:

Working great for me @PS4 version.. Issues I found before were all fixed and was able to get the Shiny Shimmering Platinum Trophy already :) Thanks CDPR! tHE wITCHER 3 is the best

I did not like the Igni nerf though

Omg, I know! I didn't like it either, the Firestream is useless now!

---------- Updated at 05:07 AM ----------

I think the issue with that one lies in the spell damage not calculating correctly or not doing the effect/damage it should be doing.

---------- Updated at 05:14 AM ----------

Is seems PC is getting more stable with each patch while consoles not so much. I may be imagining things but I wonder if LOD is better in 1.7 and that explains the FPS hit. If so, I'll take it. The FPS drop isn't that bad on my rig.

The game keeps getting more stable for me too, not just on the PC, on the PS4 as well ( I consider myself very fortunate). Also, a friend of mine had that issue, I wouldn't call it an "issue" though, It felt more like a graphical improvement in the over-all details. After the update, his Nvidia experience had DSR (Dynamic Super Resolution) enabled, which pretty much renders the game at 4k and he doesn't have a 4k monitor (His PC is pretty good though) it handled it well.

---------- Updated at 05:25 AM ----------

The problem I had with it is that the game would not progress past the title menu multiple times.

Additionally, and I don't know if this is a recent glitch, or ongoing, but lately I would get unable to save messages with no means of getting rid of the message, or getting the ability to save back. This means that any progress once it begins happening, are gone. Of course, usually I don't catch it until I've made at least an hour's progress. It's infuriating.

I'm on Xbone, so normally the game doesn't even close out if I turn it off, it just goes in to that sleep mode, and turning the game off means returning to exactly where I was.

If you're referring to the “please wait” problem on the Xbox, this link should help a lot.

[h=3]“Please Wait Lock” Step-by-step glitch identification[/h]
  1. Start up Witcher 3
  2. Get to main menu that shows Geralt in a meditation stance
  3. “Please Wait” shows up and it appears the game is loading, but really it’s frozen in place
[h=3]“Saved File Wipe” glitch identification[/h]
  1. Resume your in-progress session with the Xbox One’s turn off and resume mode
  2. Notice that the game is running terrible, with obvious stutters, lag and serious performance issues
  3. You’re met with “you cannot save at this time” notification, preventing saves
  4. After you quit and start up the game again, you’ll be met with the Please Wait Lock glitch (see above)
  5. Upon the hard reset, you’ll notice that the progress you’ve made since your last unaffected save will be lost
[h=2]The Fix[/h]The frozen loading screen can be circumvented with a simple hard reset. Basically you need to clear your local cache, and doing so is pretty simple and can be done in one of two ways:

1. Turn off the Xbox One manually
  2. Unplug the power cord
  3. Wait 20 seconds
  4. Plug back in and start up The Witcher 3
–or–
  1. Close The Witcher 3 by going to the dashboard and pressing the menu button and selecting Quit
  2. Reset your console manually by navigating to Settings-> Power and Startup-> Restart now
  3. Start up the game, and if you’re still stuck, try the manual hard reset option above
“To fix localized Xbox One Xbox Live sign-in problems or games not starting (aka games hanging on the title screen), perform a full reboot of your system, also known as a power-cycle or Full Reboot, cold restart or hard reset,” notes IGN.

I hope this will help. http://www.vrworld.com/2015/05/23/fix-witcher-3-please-wait-xbox-one/

---------- Updated at 05:27 AM ----------

ad infinitum...

Which Console are you on and which issues/bugs are you having?

---------- Updated at 05:30 AM ----------

I have tried this workaround a few times but yet to see anything spawn, maybe I wasn't being patient enough.

Getting around this one sometimes takes a bit of time, It took me near 72 hours in game-time meditating to get all of them to spawn.

---------- Updated at 05:32 AM ----------

Exactly, I have been playing this game since its release and it has literally crashed every time I play it. Not to mention the bugs and glitches. It amazes me how some quests are yet to be fixed

Are you on Xbox or PS4? The hard-reset seems to fix a few of the issues that causes the game to crash.

I'm on ps4, and it happens almost every night at least once but then plays fine. I too started a new death march play through with the release of this patch.

They nerfed igni? Firestream useless now? I didn't know they nerfed it, you think melt armor is better to use then firestream now?

I'm on ps4, and it happens almost every night at least once but then plays fine. I too started a new death march play through with the release of this patch.

They nerfed igni? Firestream useless now? I didn't know they nerfed it, you think melt armor is better to use then firestream now?

Yes. A lot better in fact, the normal igni does much more damage (It's 10 times better than the Firestream now) picking that talent/skill is useless at the moment. So, I'd recommend going for the Melt-Armor (Try it for yourself and you'll see).

Yes. A lot better in fact, the normal igni does much more damage (It's 10 times better than the Firestream now) picking that talent/skill is useless at the moment. So, I'd recommend going for the Melt-Armor (Try it for yourself and you'll see).

Wow, I think your right, and as a bonus Melt Armor is quicker while Firestream seems to take a second to affect them. Easy to notice as I am using a Mage build

Wow, I think your right, and as a bonus Melt Armor is quicker while Firestream seems to take a second to affect them. Easy to notice as I am using a Mage build

Yeah, we're not the only ones noticing this.

---------- Updated at 06:31 AM ----------

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...tream-was-a-bit-too-harsh?highlight=Igni+nerf

---------- Updated at 06:33 AM ----------

I just hope it's not an actual nerf that was done by CD Projekt RED, I really liked that build. Maybe it's the spell damage not calculating correctly or not doing the effect/damage it should be doing.

Yeah I can't see them nerfing it intentionally, for what purpose would they? But I appreciate this being brought to my attention

Not having any issues and i guess its because i started a brand new game on 1.07. I think a lot of issues that are happening are on saves made on older versions.

So far one thing i have noticed is the encumbrance is not calculating properly. I seem to have 20 weight when my inventory is empty except for crafting materials. SO yes its not calculating encumbrance properly.

Top Bottom