Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trust me, water is warm.

Wow i wake up and there is a lot of epic screenshots....just awesome....also this is a great pic, i imagine them both on vacation (or their honeymoon)

Triss: Geralt, you are still wearing your pants
Geralt: Water is too cold
Triss: Stop whining, suppose to be romantic
Geralt: Alright

*out of nowhere Geralt hears a familiar voice from the shore*
Priscilla: Geralt! Dandelion has been kidnapped.....ummmm again....
Geralt: What? what are you doing here? none of this makes sense
Triss: Quick put your clothes back on
Geralt: Hell no, i went through all that trouble of getting our happy ever after, and i am semi-retired, Dandelion can talk his way out of this one
Priscilla: But Geralt, they might kill Dandelion

*Geralt mumbling to himself*: Yeah right Crimson Avenger! always getting kidnapped! what am i his personal butler!
Geralt: Alright, i'll help him....again, don't move Triss i will be right back!

*later after saving Dandelion, Geralt returns to find Triss fully clothed at their home*
Geralt: Hey, i said don't move
Triss: Sorry you took too long and now i need to report to Kind Tancred about the conclave
Geralt: This sucks.......

Just watched a video of Geralt correcting dijkstra regarding being lovers, that was bad enough for me. Her sadly saying 'you didn't have to disagree so strongly' was heartbreaking.

I see you have missed Brian6666 Triss bad choice video, do you want to see it :devil:
Don't really see it as complaining in other path, she came across as surprised daring to hope feel.
Ah check and you answer TrissMasterRace already.
"Hope is what make us strong, that is why we are here. and that is what we fight for when all else is lost" <-- not sure if appropriate for Triss situtation :p

I always miss this dialogue, can you tell me how to get it ?

Morning gift ^_^
By ynorka

Whichever choice you pick Triss complains haha, if you say you're not lovers she says "You didn't have to disagree so strongly", if you don't say it then she says "Why didn't you correct him?" :envy:

Maybe there was a third one I didn't see.

hehe lol I actually never saw the second option as her complaining, more of a "OMG Geralt didn't correct Djikstra maybe he still has feelings for me, i should casually mention it to see his response" thing. Either way that first option was painful to watch, her poor heart loving someone and then for that same person to openly state that he isn't with Triss RIGHT IN FRONT OF TRISS!!, god talk about making fictional characters realistic, i have the guts to make Geralt slaughter countless amounts of monsters (and humans), yet in no way would i have my Geralt say that in front of Triss...i actually thought she might break down if that option was selected.

---------- Post merged on 25-07-2015 at 12:06 AM ----------

That ass... That everything actually, she looks too perfect.

In the Witcher 2....

Dev 1 : Don't censor anything, we got a mature audience here and Triss is too beautiful to censor
Dev 2: Agreed, these scenes will be beautiful to watch

In the Witcher 3.....

Dev 1: Censor everything! we can't afford another 16 hours of mo-cap
Dev 2: But look at Triss, she is perfect
Dev 1: Alright, we will leave some things uncensored

Of course i am just joking here....but i was going to make a joke that in Kovir, Geralt and Triss would have no reason to leave their beds :)

---------- Updated at 12:10 AM ----------

Found this...it is a description for the Witcher 2 about Triss by IGN.....i kind of like the line about "Geralt is a womanizer, but he constantly comes back to Triss" and also that she is a strong woman.

Found this...it is a description for the Witcher 2 about Triss by IGN.....i kind of like the line about "Geralt is a womanizer, but he constantly comes back to Triss" and also that she is a strong woman.

For a moment i thought you write this one yourself :p I think it is very accurate about their relationship

A sketch about new Triss fan-art, i really want some opinion to improve this one, just write here i will pass your suggestion to the artist myself ;)

In the Witcher 2....

Dev 1 : Don't censor anything, we got a mature audience here and Triss is too beautiful to censor
Dev 2: Agreed, these scenes will be beautiful to watch

In the Witcher 3.....

Dev 1: Alright, we will leave some things uncensored

Of course i am just joking here....but i was going to make a joke that in Kovir, Geralt and Triss would have no reason to leave their beds

I think they will be getting out of bed a lot, only to do some activities which is considered fun too! Baths, balms, body massages, banquet and balls - I know Geralt will only be satisfied with the first 3. *wink wink*

I think they will be getting out of bed a lot, only to do some activities which is considered fun too! Baths, balms, body massages, banquet and balls - I know Geralt will only be satisfied with the first 3. *wink wink*

Poor Geralt, Triss is getting him into things he doesn't want to do lol....i can imagine when Triss tells Geralt that they have to attend a ball, Geralt will quickly panic and say "Oh sorry darling, i got a monster contract i need to attend to.....looks like you will have to go on your own, love you" *quick kiss on the forehead then races out the front door* :)

Last edited:
In the Witcher 3.....

Dev 1: Alright, we will leave some things uncensored.

Oh they have 16 hours of mo-cap in TW3, it's just all Yennefer's scenes. Poor Triss not only gets censored but also gets the same animation as all the prostitutes :(

Actually, all joking aside, it's the writing that bothers me the most, not the sex scenes. Those are important only within the context of the story otherwise it's gratuitous. Thing is, what's the point of romance if its there for titillation? May as well forget about Triss and Yen and just focus on the whores and one night stands Geralt can have in the game and say the game is aimed at a mature audience.

If we are going to have romance options in a game, isn't it time gaming grew up and had actually romances rather than excuses for the protagonist to sleep with one of the characters? If it's a 'romance' it should be 'romantic', otherwise what's the point? There has to be an emotional quality to it for the two involved otherwise it cannot be considered a 'romance'. I'm lead to believe that Triss has had men before but none who gave her the emotional comportment she experienced with Geralt.

There's your starting point right there; Triss has only ever experienced true love with one man (Geralt) and build from that point onwards. To a large extent they got this right in the last game, although I'd argue it didn't go far enough. Unfortunately they completely blew it in this game, at least when it comes to the story of Geralt and Triss. Yes it has its moments but its moments never paint a full picture.

Oh they have 16 hours of mo-cap in TW3, it's just all Yennefer's scenes. Poor Triss not only gets censored but also gets the same animation as all the prostitutes :(

Actually, all joking aside, it's the writing that bothers me the most, not the sex scenes. Those are important only within the context of the story otherwise it's gratuitous. Thing is, what's the point of romance if its there for titillation? May as well forget about Triss and Yen and just focus on the whores and one night stands Geralt can have in the game and say the game is aimed at a mature audience.

If we are going to have romance options in a game, isn't it time gaming grew up and had actually romances rather than excuses for the protagonist to sleep with one of the characters? If it's a 'romance' it should be 'romantic', otherwise what's the point? There has to be an emotional quality to it for the two involved otherwise it cannot be considered a 'romance'. I'm lead to believe that Triss has had men before but none who gave her the emotional comportment she experienced with Geralt.

There's your starting point right there; Triss has only ever experienced true love with one man (Geralt) and build from that point onwards. To a large extent they got this right in the last game, although I'd argue it didn't go far enough. Unfortunately they completely blew it in this game, at least when it comes to the story of Geralt and Triss. Yes it has its moments but its moments never paint a full picture.

That i agree with, the sex scenes are either just one night stands or the result of two characters loving/caring about each other. Geralt sleeps with a lot of women cough*cynthia*cough, but the woman he loves is either Yen or Triss (or both you could say, despite the negative outcome of it). I think for the most part the romance between Triss and Geralt was done well, especially through the events of the Witcher 2, and this game does have some exceptionally beautiful moments, but then those are for the most part what moves the romance on.

I like the moments when Geralt does mention Triss casually, like for example when talking to Phillipa and he says "Triss might object" - it is these moments that if were more prevalent could move that choice forward rather than relying on those beautiful moments between Geralt and Triss, because having simple adds in dialogue like that, for the most part validate the choice, show some maturity in that they are together and show that Geralt knows he is with Triss, and can casually mention it to others without detracting from the main points of that discussion....obviously i don't want Geralt to talk to a contract giver and then randomly say "Hey by the way i am with Triss now"....of course that won't happen.

I like to think that what makes the Witcher stories....well the Witcher...is like a spider web where many aspects are connected together and help further immerse the player into the story being told, i think romance is a big part - not the main or only focus of the story mind you or what the story is about, in fact it is far from it (well not exactly), but we are given certain characters that are connected to each other and bond with each other - Triss and Geralt are an example and so is Ciri and Yen, they help add to the story, and yeah i would love to see more Ciri and Yen interactions and feel like Triss was a valid choice - some may argue that choosing Triss was validated throughout the events of the game but to me it never felt like that. Of course that is just my two cents......i always felt that the moments leading up to the romance (the awkward conversations between Geralt and Triss, Djikstra bringing the subject up etc), were great.

Anyway like you said Triss never had that emotional connection to anyone before Geralt entered her life, and we see how much she cares for him, i just felt there were some missed opportunities that if more resources were available (or if the devs thought about it more) and weren't detracting from the main story in any negative ways, then it could (or should) of been explored more imo. Honestly i just felt that the whole act 3 was somewhat a mess/disappointment (wasn't horrible but lacking compared to the rest of the game) and the romance choice (and the interactions) was a casualty of it.

Last edited:
Poor Geralt, Triss is getting him into things he doesn't want to do lol....i can imagine when Triss tells Geralt that they have to attend a ball, Geralt will quickly panic and say "Oh sorry darling, i got a monster contract i need to attend to.....looks like you will have to go on your own, love you" *quick kiss on the forehead then races out the front door* :)

Triss won't let him get out of it that easily, she'll probably say "Oh, no... You won't get out of it that easy" Geralt will probably have that same look he had on his face after he came back from the Sabbath and he apologized to her in shame for risking Ciri's life. Also, I really liked that masquerade they both attended in the Vegelbud residence, Geralt is always at his best when he's doing what he's not supposed be doing. Plus, if both of them are simply being themselves, there won't be anything happening except for some pretty good romantic conversation about the day, tomorrow and about their lives in 5-10 years later and the family they're going to build together. Perfect match for each other, that's why I love them both.

---------- Updated at 03:17 AM ----------

For a moment i thought you write this one yourself :p I think it is very accurate about their relationship

A sketch about new Triss fan-art, i really want some opinion to improve this one, just write here i will pass your suggestion to the artist myself ;)

I like it.

---------- Updated at 03:20 AM ----------

:surprise:

:scared:

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but; Fun depressing fact, the quest Now or Never is called Casablanca in the game files;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casablanca_(film) Plot copy pasted from Wiki:
Set in December, 1941, American expatriate Rick Blaine is the proprietor of an upscale nightclub and gambling den in Casablanca. "Rick's Café Américain" attracts a varied clientele: Vichy French, Italian, and German officials; refugees desperate to reach the still neutral United States; and those who prey on them. Although Rick professes to be neutral in all matters, it is later revealed he ran guns to Ethiopia during its war with Italy and fought on the Loyalist side against the fascist Nationalists in the Spanish Civil War.

Petty crook Ugarte shows up and boasts to Rick of "letters of transit" obtained by murdering two German couriers. The papers allow the bearer to travel freely around German-controlled Europe and to neutral Portugal, and are thus almost priceless to the refugees stranded in Casablanca. Ugarte plans to sell them at the club later that night. Before he can, he is arrested by the local police under the command of Vichy Captain Louis Renault, an unabashedly corrupt official. Ugarte dies in custody without revealing that he had entrusted the letters to Rick.
At this point, the reason for Rick's bitterness—his former lover, Ilsa Lund—walks into his establishment. Upon spotting Rick's friend and house pianist, Sam, Ilsa implores him to play "As Time Goes By". Rick storms over, furious that Sam has disobeyed his order never to perform that song, and is stunned to see Ilsa. She is accompanied by her husband, Victor Laszlo, a renowned fugitive Czech Resistance leader. They need the letters to escape to America, where he can continue his work. German Major Strasser has come to Casablanca to see that Laszlo does not succeed.
When Laszlo makes inquiries, Ferrari, a major underworld figure and Rick's friendly business rival, divulges his suspicion that Rick has the letters. In private, Rick refuses to sell at any price, telling Laszlo to ask his wife the reason. They are interrupted when Strasser leads a group of officers in singing "Die Wacht am Rhein". Laszlo orders the house band to defiantly play "La Marseillaise". When the band looks to Rick, he nods his head. Laszlo starts singing, alone at first, then patriotic fervor grips the crowd and everyone joins in, drowning out the Germans. In retaliation, Strasser has Renault close the club.

That night, Ilsa confronts Rick in the deserted café. When he refuses to give her the letters, she threatens him with a gun, but then confesses that she still loves him. She explains that when they first met and fell in love in Paris in 1940, she believed that her husband had been killed attempting to escape from a concentration camp. Later, while preparing to flee with Rick from the imminent fall of the city to the German army, she learned that Laszlo was alive and in hiding. She left Rick without explanation to tend her ill husband.

Rick's bitterness dissolves. He agrees to help, leading her to believe that she will stay with him when Laszlo leaves. When Laszlo unexpectedly shows up, having narrowly escaped a police raid on a Resistance meeting, Rick has waiter Carl spirit Ilsa away. Laszlo, aware of Rick's love for Ilsa, tries to persuade him to use the letters to take her to safety. When the police arrest Laszlo on a minor, trumped-up charge, Rick convinces Renault to release him by promising to set him up for a much more serious crime: possession of the letters of transit. To allay Renault's suspicions, Rick explains he and Ilsa will be leaving for America. When Renault tries to arrest Laszlo as arranged, Rick forces him at gunpoint to assist in their escape. At the last moment, Rick makes Ilsa board the plane to Lisbon with her husband, telling her she would regret it if she stayed—"Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life."

Strasser, tipped off by Renault, drives up alone. Rick kills him when he tries to intervene. When the police arrive, Renault pauses, then tells them to "round up the usual suspects." Renault suggests to Rick that they join the Free French in Brazzaville. As they walk away into the fog, Rick says, "Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

If you read it you will definitely see some resemblances; Like refuges (the mages) hiding under a club, being hunted.
But what is most interesting is how it ends, with a confession of love and still leaving.

While it doesn't mean much it still gives you an idea of what they were shooting for when making the quest, and that it was possibly always the intention for Triss to leave. Which is why a lot of people feel like the romance was tacked on. (which this seems to indicate even more that it was, tbh)

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but; Fun depressing fact, the quest Now or Never is called Casablanca in the game files;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casablanca_(film) Plot copy pasted from Wiki:
Set in December, 1941, American expatriate Rick Blaine is the proprietor of an upscale nightclub and gambling den in Casablanca. "Rick's Café Américain" attracts a varied clientele: Vichy French, Italian, and German officials; refugees desperate to reach the still neutral United States; and those who prey on them. Although Rick professes to be neutral in all matters, it is later revealed he ran guns to Ethiopia during its war with Italy and fought on the Loyalist side against the fascist Nationalists in the Spanish Civil War.

Petty crook Ugarte shows up and boasts to Rick of "letters of transit" obtained by murdering two German couriers. The papers allow the bearer to travel freely around German-controlled Europe and to neutral Portugal, and are thus almost priceless to the refugees stranded in Casablanca. Ugarte plans to sell them at the club later that night. Before he can, he is arrested by the local police under the command of Vichy Captain Louis Renault, an unabashedly corrupt official. Ugarte dies in custody without revealing that he had entrusted the letters to Rick.
At this point, the reason for Rick's bitterness—his former lover, Ilsa Lund—walks into his establishment. Upon spotting Rick's friend and house pianist, Sam, Ilsa implores him to play "As Time Goes By". Rick storms over, furious that Sam has disobeyed his order never to perform that song, and is stunned to see Ilsa. She is accompanied by her husband, Victor Laszlo, a renowned fugitive Czech Resistance leader. They need the letters to escape to America, where he can continue his work. German Major Strasser has come to Casablanca to see that Laszlo does not succeed.
When Laszlo makes inquiries, Ferrari, a major underworld figure and Rick's friendly business rival, divulges his suspicion that Rick has the letters. In private, Rick refuses to sell at any price, telling Laszlo to ask his wife the reason. They are interrupted when Strasser leads a group of officers in singing "Die Wacht am Rhein". Laszlo orders the house band to defiantly play "La Marseillaise". When the band looks to Rick, he nods his head. Laszlo starts singing, alone at first, then patriotic fervor grips the crowd and everyone joins in, drowning out the Germans. In retaliation, Strasser has Renault close the club.

That night, Ilsa confronts Rick in the deserted café. When he refuses to give her the letters, she threatens him with a gun, but then confesses that she still loves him. She explains that when they first met and fell in love in Paris in 1940, she believed that her husband had been killed attempting to escape from a concentration camp. Later, while preparing to flee with Rick from the imminent fall of the city to the German army, she learned that Laszlo was alive and in hiding. She left Rick without explanation to tend her ill husband.

Rick's bitterness dissolves. He agrees to help, leading her to believe that she will stay with him when Laszlo leaves. When Laszlo unexpectedly shows up, having narrowly escaped a police raid on a Resistance meeting, Rick has waiter Carl spirit Ilsa away. Laszlo, aware of Rick's love for Ilsa, tries to persuade him to use the letters to take her to safety. When the police arrest Laszlo on a minor, trumped-up charge, Rick convinces Renault to release him by promising to set him up for a much more serious crime: possession of the letters of transit. To allay Renault's suspicions, Rick explains he and Ilsa will be leaving for America. When Renault tries to arrest Laszlo as arranged, Rick forces him at gunpoint to assist in their escape. At the last moment, Rick makes Ilsa board the plane to Lisbon with her husband, telling her she would regret it if she stayed—"Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life."

Strasser, tipped off by Renault, drives up alone. Rick kills him when he tries to intervene. When the police arrive, Renault pauses, then tells them to "round up the usual suspects." Renault suggests to Rick that they join the Free French in Brazzaville. As they walk away into the fog, Rick says, "Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

If you read it you will definitely see some resemblances; Like refuges (the mages) hiding under a club, being hunted.
But what is most interesting is how it ends, with a confession of love and still leaving.

While it doesn't mean much it still gives you an idea of what they were shooting for when making the quest, and that it was possibly always the intention for Triss to leave. Which is why a lot of people feel like the romance was tacked on. (which this seems to indicate even more that it was, tbh)

Very good find!

Before I jump to conclusions though, is that the only case where a quest has a different name from the one we see in-game?

Very good find!

Before I jump to conclusions though, is that the only case where a quest has a different name from the one we see in-game?

They all have different file names, but it's mostly just one word what its about, most are not references like Casablanca. E.g. Last Wish is just called sq202_yen. q308_psycho for example being the quest about Priscilla's attacker.

I'm glad You like it. I really wanted to make screenshot ehere they a relaxing.

---------- Updated at 07:18 AM ----------

Good morning.

Good morning this is simply amazing @0nakita really your skill to take screenshots...I'm amazed!

I wish to see similar pic with Yen but I know it is not possible...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom