Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I definetly have to agree. Once you read through the books, you realize Geralt isn't exactly this great guy. Of course, seeing as we role play the game as Geralt, we are usually inclined to think he is this good guy main character, which is not the case. Geralt left Yennefer quite a few times, and got involed with a ton of women. As far as we know, Yennefer hasn't been nearly as eager to...betray her love for Geralt.

:geraltthatsgood:-What?

:whut:- Sad but true Geri

:what: -...

Sex and love are two different things and in Geralt's case, it's to the extreme.
The simple act of sex is his way of appreciating someone and having some fun at the same time. :eek:kay:

Congratulations Kaldea, you are now my new spirit animal.

Last edited:
:look: Katie McGrath? Kate Beckinsale?

Not really.

Remember, the [FONT=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]voice + acting talent counts for a lot.[/FONT]

---------- Updated at 02:25 AM ----------

She is very powerful, bot not the most powerful. As of now, the most powerful is probably Philippa(in the games at least) because she's very old..over 300 I guess..and mages gain power with age and experience.

In the books we had Vilgefortz

Who never got to really fight other people of his power fairly (Yen had broken fingers and had been tortured for weeks when they fight... she could not even hit a barn).

He is probably the best Battle Mage.

Magical power should not be equated to battle magic power :p same way a battle machine is not superior to other machines just because....

---------- Updated at 02:35 AM ----------

I've got Francesca in another level of sorceresses. She's an Elf. Her knowlodge of magic is deeper and ancient.

Meh.... pathetic arrogant to a fault nonhuman cannon-fodder :p

I really wished that with all the time and space traveling Ciri would lead the Wild Hunt to our world and into the palms of modern day special forces crews.

Would cool them and their arrogance very quickly... the few survivors would know what "culture" , "science" and "war" actually means. Not their Arhas Cosplayer versions of those things.
Stinkin elfs....

But dont harm Eredin-kun

So yeah I don't know. For me personally this dialogue option doesn't feel that necessary, just like the Wild Hunt one.
They don't feel natural. I'm not saying they're both completely out of context, but well... You know.

If CDPR decided to handle it this way, then there should also be an option to say something among these lines:
"The rumours you've heard aren't true... We're nothing but friends, Triss and I - definitely not a couple".

What if the player didn't romance Triss in the first two games or tried to shut her down as much as possible?
How does this make any sense at all in that case? Memory loss? A great couple? Please.

But yeah, these are just my dark thoughts, my inner demon was speaking, ignore it guys.
Magnificent post! This is exactly why I objected to the Triss confrontation right then and there.

Their WIld Hunt convo was useless, both of them should have more insight about their motives and plans, seeing as they both spent time with them and have by now fully regained their memory.

Also, wholeheartedly agree about at least one dialogue line about not choosing Triss in the previous games.
It's actually that important, since she's the only person Yen actually cares if Geralt sleeps with. Would've been such a nice gesture of respect towards our choices.

Also, one more thing that stabbed me in the eye. Yen refers to Ciri as: "Our little witcheress has grown up, not like you remember her from training in Kaer Morhen."

This is retarded, they both remember Ciri as a witcheress, a mage and their daughter. Also, they both have plenty of more recent memories AFTER Kaer Morhen.

I understand they were trying to make it fit with the dream sequence for the people who know nothing about them, but it sounds retarded to me as a book reader.

Wow talk about blast from the past.
This scene is from an old movie, late 80s or early 90s, the girl is actually a robot. or being controlled by a robot. I remember watching it as a little boy, unsupervised, so thanks for the horror memory lol.

No actresses could be Yennefer to me.I know I'm in the minority on that viewpoint but I'm quite comfortable with that.
I agree with this. No TV show or a movie would do it justice.

On topic of Yen's power, I don't think it matters to sorceress who is older. Once they reach certain level of power and knowledge, it's all about who strikes first. And who surprises who.

It's cruel when you miss a day and have to go through so many pages lol.

I definetly have to agree. Once you read through the books, you realize Geralt isn't exactly this great guy. Of course, seeing as we role play the game as Geralt, we are usually inclined to think he is this good guy main character, which is not the case. Geralt left Yennefer quite a few times, and got involed with a ton of women. As far as we know, Yennefer hasn't been nearly as eager to...betray her love for Geralt.

Also I'm super impressed how the popularity of this thread has basically sky-rocketed:pride:

I think it is simple why the popularity of this thread skyrocketed. We stop bickering about the games and discuss about other things than the game.

The RED has already replied, and we are appeased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom