Can't Talk to Vernon Roche [Get Junior]

+
It's not a 'total failure'. It simply means that the quest itself is being attempted far to early by almost everyone, mainly due to it's labelling of lvl 12. My first time of encountering it was in my 3rd playthrough. I'm lvl 23 now and done alot of Skellige and it's still to early. I tested it out when coming back to Crow's Perch for the lvl 23 Enhanced Cat Armour. Off to kill a few key Velen/Novigrad beaties thast were too much before I went to Skellige and then back again to Igni Mountian Goats for their milk.

It's total failure cause this bug blocks the main line and i have nothing to do except waiting for the future-distant solution from CDr. And distant-we-dont-know-how-long...

This bug was first reported 2 months ago, and it still hasn't been fixed, wow what support from the developer. I'm guessing you all completed Gangs of Novigrad or went to Skellige first?

It's not a 'total failure'. It simply means that the quest itself is being attempted far to early by almost everyone, mainly due to it's labelling of lvl 12. My first time of encountering it was in my 3rd playthrough. I'm lvl 23 now and done alot of Skellige and it's still to early. I tested it out when coming back to Crow's Perch for the lvl 23 Enhanced Cat Armour. Off to kill a few key Velen/Novigrad beaties thast were too much before I went to Skellige and then back again to Igni Mountian Goats for their milk.

You totally contradicting yourself

If you make a game with a story that has multiple paths you make sure you test all the possible paths. Its just a shame that such a bug was not even found during testing and is still not fixed.

This bug was first reported 2 months ago, and it still hasn't been fixed, wow what support from the developer. I'm guessing you all completed Gangs of Novigrad or went to Skellige first?

It has nothing to do with Gangs of Novigrad. Tried to talk to Vernon withouth completing Gangs of Novigrad and it still didnt work. Think its more likely it has something to do with going to Skellige early.

It has nothing to do with Gangs of Novigrad. Tried to talk to Vernon withouth completing Gangs of Novigrad and it still didnt work. Think its more likely it has something to do with going to Skellige early.

Well I've managed to not get this bug on my first save, in which I'd been to Skellige and failed Gangs of Novigrad, and he interacts fine.

It's only on the non-speedrun version where I've done that Side Quest and visited Skellige (but not really started questing) that the bug occurs. Going by all the other reports of problems on here, it looks like it's either/or that is causing the issue. Which is a really, really poor show from the developer.

Ah thats important info I guess. Maybe it depends on if you started Gangs of Novigrad or not? I started it but did not finish and the bug occured.

Yeah I have no idea. and I meet roche and then did alot of other side quest before continuing the main quest so i dont have a manual save close to when i first met him. the only manual save before I met him was when i was level 3. should do more manual saves i suppose. would uninstalling and reinstalling the game help? is there a way to copy my save files and then replace them into the new witcher 3 files after reinstall?

Yeah I have no idea. and I meet roche and then did alot of other side quest before continuing the main quest so i dont have a manual save close to when i first met him. the only manual save before I met him was when i was level 3. should do more manual saves i suppose. would uninstalling and reinstalling the game help? is there a way to copy my save files and then replace them into the new witcher 3 files after reinstall?

Wouldn't help, as it's your save file that is corrupted with the bug, not the game. Only way to fix it is 1) start again from level 3, 2) wait for the devs to fix their broken game (not likely, been like this since May...)

Wouldn't help, as it's your save file that is corrupted with the bug, not the game. Only way to fix it is 1) start again from level 3, 2) wait for the devs to fix their broken game (not likely, been like this since May...)

Is this the only tried and true method of doing it? Just go back to an older manual save file? I tried one just before the Fighting Ring, didn't work.

I also have this bug, Vernon is stading there doing nothing, i haven't been in Skellige, so that's not the cause of the bug. Can't continue my game because of this damm bug

I've started Gangs of Novigrad but everytime i talk to cleave i can't continue the quest, it says in my quest log "think over Cleaver's offer", but everytime i talk to him Geralt says "not interest in yout squabbles" .

Any ideas of when the vernon roche bug will get patched ? I have completed a lot of other side quests and contracts but would love to crack on with the main quests !? its gets tedious and repetitive.

Top Bottom