Yennefer of Vengerberg (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, yes I shared those sentiments as I initially preferred Shani as I remember. Still, Triss stuck with you to the bitter end, you have to respect that. Still dislike Yen no matter how much I try.

Well. You wont make the jump without reading.

Believe me You should read them, if not for Yen, than for sure for Geralt, Ciri, Dandelion, Zoltan, Triss, Emhyr. And of course Regis!

I am sure they are very good seeing as the game is based on them. I just don't read fantasy, I like playing games, I generally don't care about narrative in games but have to admit the Witcher story is very well written, I am more of a science person when it comes to reading.

Catch is right as always.

I could say "banal" instead of "right" :blushing:

I am sure they are very good seeing as the game is based on them. I just don't read fantasy, I like playing games, I generally don't care about narrative in games but have to admit the Witcher story is very well written, I am more of a science person when it comes to reading.

So you read scientific news and papers?
That is fine I guess, if kinda limiting.

But why play Fantasy Video Games? :O

Problem is you are ALREADY invested in the Witcher world. Not reading the books when you can do that is silly IMHO.
Also, Witcher aint the only fantasy that is well written.

Pretty much totally wrong :p

Anyways, in Bulgarian she calls Ciri something like "Cute Little Ugly Duckling" . Again :p
Both the diminutive and the reference to the classic tale :) !

Says who? Its an opinion just as valid as yours, that is how she comes across to me, If you like people like her good for you, I don't .

ut as far as I remember the russian equivalent of word ugly which was used in books is "гадкий", since the russian name of Andersen's fairy tale is "Гадкий утёнок" (The Ugly Duckling).
Yeah, maybe, i really do not remember, I just try to find equivalent to the word "brzydulka". Anyway, in russian is a lot of synonyms to the world "ugly" and a lot of them is not offensive if used in diminutive form.

Says who? Its an opinion just as valid as yours, that is how she comes across to me, If you like people like her good for you, I don't .

Well read some of the previous pages where I write.... I had some very good examples of that...

Not all opinions are equal in how informed they are.

And in the case of well me, as I can only speak for me, I do actually value opinions differently on how informed they are.

Selfish reasons? All Yennefer made was for SAVE CIRI or release Geralt from a spell. Which selfish reasons?????

Triss, on the other hand, was trying to save some mages yadda yadda...

Triss bled for Dandelion! Dandelion for crying out loud!

And you've expossed your reasons here. And we have a pleasant time with the different replies. But it seems there's not much to add, now, right? besides repeating the same and walking in a circle.... I mean, for talking about hobbies and stuff there are more appropiate threads in the Commuity. ;)

Yeah, maybe, i really do not remember, I just try to find equivalent to the word "brzydulka". Anyway, in russian is a lot of synonyms to the world "ugly" and a lot of them is not offensive if used in diminutive form.
In a book there wasn't offensive meaning of Ugly Ducking from Yen, instead it was cute and sweet.
P.S. Check PM.

Interesting, yes I shared those sentiments as I initially preferred Shani as I remember. Still, Triss stuck with you to the bitter end, you have to respect that. Still dislike Yen no matter how much I try.

Man, you would be surprised how far Geralt and Yennefer were going for each other in the books...

Triss bled for Dandelion! Dandelion for crying out loud!

Without Yennefer Dandelion would have been dead before the games :)

Man, I honestly advice you, if you don''t mind of course, to transmit this opinions of yours to CDPR writers. Maybe you could help the community to improve the game. Really. Not kidding at all.

More then happy to do it, but not for free ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom