Bug Maybe?: Gwent - needing last 2 cards cards from merchants; not receiving any cards from new NPCs played

+
Bug Maybe?: Gwent - needing last 2 cards cards from merchants; not receiving any cards from new NPCs played

Hi,

So I have colleced a lot of cards and this is my last achievement needed; as far as I can tell I am missing two cards which I understand you only get randomly playing from merchants - Villentretenmerth specifically and 1 other and I have gone through all merchants. As far as I could tell I was missing two merchants. Herbalist in distress in Skellige and the guy in the crematorium near novigrad.

So I did this, played them both at Gwent and nothing, first time playing them and all I get is the money and no cards and any other merchant I play I just keep receiving random loot as I already have their card. Is there something I am missing or should I be receiving these cards; pleast help as these are 2 random cards and the 2 remaining random merchants I play for first time won't give me anything on either my original playthrough game or even when I load up my completed dark mode game through.

Thanks for any help.

I am having the same problem it seems. I double checked my card collection using gwentcards.com checklist and the only card I'm missing is Vreemde, which is a random reward for defeating traders. However, NPCs (even those I've never played before with) stopped giving me cards a couple of days back. Definitely something fishy is going on.

Btw, just checked tech support forums and it seems that a lot of players (including me) receive additional copy of Poor Fucking Infantry card which prevents them from getting the random drop card they are actually missing.

Last edited:
When you check the cards on that site and check the image of the card remember that if you have DLC installed one of these changes the look of a lot of cards including Villentretenmerth which is a golden dragon in the original cards but a human form in DLC version. This caught me out for that card until I realised the change. ^^.

I am having the same problem it seems. I double checked my card collection using gwentcards.com checklist and the only card I'm missing is Vreemde, which is a random reward for defeating traders. However, NPCs (even those I've never played before with) stopped giving me cards a couple of days back. Definitely something fishy is going on.

Btw, just checked tech support forums and it seems that a lot of players (including me) receive additional copy of Poor Fucking Infantry card which prevents them from getting the random drop card they are actually missing.

This is almost exactly what happened to me. One extra PFI and I am only missing the Thorntail, which is listed as a random win everywhere. I have tried playing new merchants in Skellige, Novigrad and Velen (Tried White Orchard but I don't think I have any new ones left).

I Think I still have a save prior to earning my last drop, I can reload that if need be and try some stuff. Don't know if I can send, as I am on PS4.

you can copy PS4 saves to a UBS key and then get it on your PC.
Thanks for the tip.

After further analysis. It looks like I actually do have all of the cards (plus one extra PFI) per gwentcards . com and no achievement/Quest Completion, per the big gwent card collector thread.

Top Bottom