+

Triss vs Yennefer [NOW WITH SPOILERS. Oh, well.]

• I like triss better

Votes: 269 49.5%
  • i like yen better

Votes: 200 36.8%
  • I like tris better, and from a RP point, I would have to go for yen

Votes: 49 9.0%
  • from a RP point, I'd go with triss aswell.

Votes: 25 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is translation problem. I read it in russian and there was that meaning, that she was always that guest who was welcomed there.

No.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 53
Meh

Picking Triss over Yen is s definitely reasonable beyond controversy for many people. Argue about that is real nonsense. But.
If we are talking about us.

Can't, just can't see the same when we are talking about Geraltino.
Can't get all these guessworks and fantastic theories: "What If...", "He could...", "*charname* has changed", "*charname* has not changed"
And of course can't (even hate) to break the beautiful stories.

Sometimes I really think that person with deep past like Geralt is not a good example for freedom of choices in RPG. Maybe they had to make another witcha as protagonist. When you play other RPGs - you do not feel wrong for what you choose.
So players can respect old Geralt's choices or be his mother-in-law. It really looks like you're a mother-in-law.: "No son! This woman is bad for you! I say! That one is better, and remember, mommy knows best".

Don't want to be his mommy. Want to be Geralt.

She can be a good "mother" and a bitch woman with terrible character and bad attitude to others. Exept Ciri and Geralt (sometimes ). This is not mutual exclusion.
Mh, saving a woman she didn't know at all, who was about to have a miscarriage is included in her bad attitude... as she doesn't give a damn about the others... I guess? :hmmm:

Meh

Picking Triss over Yen is s definitely reasonable beyond controversy for many people. Argue about that is real nonsense. But.
If we are talking about us.

Can't get all these guessworks and fantastic theories: "What If...", "He could...", "*charname* has changed", "*charname* has not changed"

Sometimes I really think that person with deep past like Geralt is not a good example for freedom of choices in RPG. Maybe they had to make another witcha as protagonist. When you play other RPGs - you do not feel wrong for what you choose.
So players can respect old Geralt's choices or be his mother-in-law. It really looks like you're a mother-in-law.: "No son! This woman is bad for you! I say! That one is better, and remember, mommy knows best".

Understandable. [Especially if strongly imbued by books.] But for different reasons not acceptable for many.

As for me - i liked the way, which CDRP followed in TW1. Remember quest "Identity"? We could re-create his personality. We could follow books example or follow our own wish. In tw2 and tw3 that was strongly changed. "Re-creation" droped for just "I remembered".

Remember quest "Identity"? We could re-create his personality. We could follow books example or follow our own wish. In tw2 and tw3 that was strongly changed. "Re-creation" droped for just "I remembered".

Yeah, that was a nice idea for real RPG.
But in the next games we have Geralt who did remember.

I like the Geralt non-amesiac way more (cause I love the original plot) but it was s just a headshot for all the real freedom of choice.

Understandable. [Especially if strongly imbued by books.] But for different reasons not acceptable for many.

As for me - i liked the way, which CDRP followed in TW1. Remember quest "Identity"? We could re-create his personality. We could follow books example or follow our own wish. In tw2 and tw3 that was strongly changed. "Re-creation" droped for just "I remembered".

I agree. The unique problem I see is the little detail that CDPR make Geralt recovers his (book) memories. In TW3 they make Triss admit she was using his amnesia for her own interest. BUT has CDPR give to the Role-Player the chance to know about Geralt emotional and logical confusion? Yes, we create our onw GEralt.... but with limitations about his personality: he is a witcher, he has a past and we try to recover our memories in two games. (Red Mist TW2?!).. Freedom... canon limits... freedom... well this is a true crosspass

Mh, saving a woman she didn't know at all, who was about to have a miscarriage is included in her bad attitude... as she doesn't give a damn about the others... I guess? :hmmm:

"Children theme" is her weakness. Always was. (Remember baby dragon? :))
p.s. i didn't call her complete moral monster.

---------- Updated at 04:52 PM ----------

Just like Nenneke.

One of the most adequate character of the saga :)

She saved whole family. I think children were there.
Perhaps, it could be. That, however doesn't mean it's not a good action. Saving lives. I think she didn't check for children before saving the family, otherwise they could all die... I guess? :p

Later though she had still contacts with the dwarves (adults), good contacts. Bank stuff doesn't mix with children.

You don't know that. You can't draw such a conclusion from the book which only says that she saved a family. Children being there MIGHT have helped her in making a decision but still- it's a speculation.

That's why i wrote "I think". But i guess 'a grain of truth" is present.

If i want to abuse Yenn, i could write somethink like that: She saved family of banker to recieve access to unlimit credit, bonds and etc :troll:

Hm, interesting what excuses and theories fans would come up with, if RED's randomly chose another female as a romantic option instead of Triss? Geralt has an affair with Iola, Fringillia, or completely random sorceress from the Lodge or not.

There would still be people who feel the need to blindly defend their favorite fictional character on both sides of the aisle.

As Scryar rightly points out, this thread would be boring and pointless if we couldn't be critical of the fictional people.

Not really.
-Geralt forgets about Yennefer
-Geralt falls in love with Triss
-Geralt remembers Yennefer
-Geralt is confused so splits with Triss so that he can make up his mind
-Geralt still loves Triss
-Geralt still loves Yen
-Geralt + Yen break curse
-Geralt no longer loves Yen
-Geralt runs off to kovir with dirty sorceress heathen

In your case Geralt never loved Triss in the first place and the breaking of the curse wouldn't have affected his love for Yen. And that is fine.

But that is your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom