New Game+ is coming it seems

+
I think there will be some enemy scaling, but I don't think it will be as drastic as some think. Most likely they will just be buffed a little. Even a seasone witcher will still have some threat from anyone.

I found half of the DLC to be completely worthless anyway. So for one to come out that a lot of people will enjoy is kind of silly for people to complain about.

I just like the idea that Geralt will have all the special moves that he should have had from the start anyway

Personally, I'm more worried about the level scaling for quests rather than enemies.

Regardless, this is amazing news!

This! In a normal play. And if CDPR fix this in a possible new patch.... will the DLC work right then, also?

Last edited:
I found half of the DLC to be completely worthless anyway. So for one to come out that a lot of people will enjoy is kind of silly for people to complain about.
On the other hand, I found most of the DLCs completely harmless, if not even nice.
But this... this is a bad sign: This bullshit "NG+" existing makes me afraid we'll never get a new, more challenging mode/rebalance, because this garbage will replace it.

Note: let me be clear, I'm not blaming specifically CDPR of "not being good with NG+" compared to other developers.
No. It's the idea itself of NG+ which is shit and pleases only people who have no taste or standards for good mechanics.
There, I said it.

It's also something that could sort-of-work (mostly poorly) in some kind of action adventure/hack'n slash, but it's a very poor fit for a massive story driven RPG.

Last edited:
How does a "non-half-assed" NG+ look like?
The only exciting thing I could think of, is exclusive content, which I doubt will happen, nor does it really make sense... cuz you know... why not add the content to the main game from the get go.

Can't wait for all the whining, when it turns out this is just "same game +lvl ~30"... and I'm pretty sure it's just that

Tuco has actually a point. If the NG+ is just...play the same game with a more powerful character but with less things to do (expecially considering that some areas and exploration is bound to the Witcher set, and became useless if are not replaced by something else), than the NG+ is worthless, to not say garbage.
A NG+ should replace the game with new contents, like the Dark Mode in The Witcher 2.

I'm actually interested in this. Though I do think it will take away from the need to explore, especially in regards to the gear. Assuming everything carries over, you'll have no treasure hunts to do.

Well since the NG+ is Confirmed as the last DLC in this week, it seems like that i get to my 4.th playtrough.

HELL YEAH! :victory:

Thank you to the dev team and to the players who kept talking about and encouraging the implementation of New Game +.

Personally not interested. I just don't think TW3 has mechanics, and gameplay that suits NG+. Something like W2's Dark Mode is a far better solution for this style of game.

Regardless, I never went in expecting too much from the 16 DLC's, and even expected a couple to be entirely redundant for me personally. But I do understand the general appeal of something like NG+ to a lot of people, and so congratulations and enjoy, to those whom will get great use of this.

Sorry for being stupid. What is NG+?

New Game Plus. It can vary from title to title but generally you're able to start a new game and import the state of your player character from the end of your previous playthrough so they would retain their character level, skills, inventory, money - things like that. Sometimes all, sometimes only one of those features is used, it varies from game to game.

For example, in Deus Ex Human Revolution with the Director's Cut they included a NG+ mode which had you keep your skills/augmentations when you started NG+.

With Witcher 3 I'm hoping that it'll carry over:

Player level (as I hate the level requirements for equipment)
Player skills (no desire to have to play with a reduced skillset and less enjoyment)
Player inventory (or at least Mastercrafted Gear)

Last edited:
Top Bottom