+

Triss vs Yennefer [NOW WITH SPOILERS. Oh, well.]

• I like triss better

Votes: 269 49.5%
  • i like yen better

Votes: 200 36.8%
  • I like tris better, and from a RP point, I would have to go for yen

Votes: 49 9.0%
  • from a RP point, I'd go with triss aswell.

Votes: 25 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't lie ;) check your last comments and posts :p Yen bashing constantly - no Triss bashing...no neutrality.
I now know how Dara O'Brien feels when people ask him why he doesn't make fun of Islam as much as he does Christianity...

Anyway, you can say what you want about Radovid, but he knows a valuable ally in the war to bring mages to justice when he sees one.

Last edited:
@Gilthoniel @CatchTheBreeze

Actually i talk about two points only
-The first is Yen's mistake like i said above by Scyar. I have thought about this since first playthough and well, sad to say but it is true IMO.... (still all other action done by Yen is understandable)
-Second is Yen can become Phillipa if Ciri isn't around. You don't find it beautiful ? Ciri is able to change Yen completely and while doing so make Yen and Geralt relationship grow stronger

I am sure if Gilthoniel or CatchTheBreeze raise this point we can all discuss calmy. But some wound never heal :cry:

-The first is Yen's mistake like i said above by Scyar. I have thought about this since first playthough and well, sad to say but it is true IMO.... (still all other action done by Yen is understandable)

Remind pls which one mistake?

Second is Yen can become Phillipa if Ciri isn't around. You don't find it beautiful ? Ciri is able to change Yen completely and while doing so make Yen and Geralt relationship grow stronger

Another theory, right?)

Who knows maybe when Philippa was 35 y old she was cute as 10 Triss together? We actually have one flashback of her when she was a young girl. So we can build many theories about that.

Yennefer is a mature woman but with girl's dream: She wants a unicornfamily.

The first person who really changed Yennefer is not Ciri.
The first person who really changed Yennefer is Geralt.
And not just changed. Geralt totally broke her unicornview of life.

Ciri is a bridge between Ger's and Yen's coasts. They had a deep lake between and always had to swim to reach each other. Ciri built that bridge. Just like you've said "to make Yen and Geralt relationship grow stronger"

The first person who really changed Yennefer is Geralt.

Common ground that we can agree on...

Now if you want me to post some of what I consider "bad" sides of sides of Triss...

She should have been more confident in her abilities and should have tried to help Ciri by herself in BoE. After all, the fix was just magical in nature and both in the books and in the game the "rules" of magic are, well, almost non existent, they are never stated and usually what can or can't be done at a certain point in time is just a plot device to move the story in a desired direction.

Next, and even though I don't know the particular of that situation to the letter, she should have tried to teleport Geralt to Brokilon again at the end of the saga, instead of just watching him and Yen die.

She should have gone to KM immediately after Geralt asked to go and not spend her time sweet time somewhere until it was time for the battle against the WH.

I'm guessing she does something bad in b4, haven't read it read yet, finished b3 this afternoon and not sure to wait for the official translation or go for the fan translation.

Definitely not going to accuse of rape or similar shananigans, if anything she deserves a pat in the back for seizing her chance in W1.

Should have apologized to Yennefer for stealing his man though. (not sure if that happens off-screen or not).

Should have also apologized to her also for sleeping with him in the books. Even if they were broken up there are some codes between friends.

Should have stick around to help Geralt in Novigrad, even he doesn't say those three words.

And, got nothing else for now, I'll think of more...

Now your turn Yen folks, post Yen negatives :)

It would probably take me around two hours to write all her flaws in here. The main problem with this would be that Yennefer is a book character, who is portrayed so badly in the games that even her own daughter didn't recognize her.
It's easier to discuss Triss and her flaws in the games, as she doesn't have that many honestly, or at least these with "great" importance. If we were going to discuss books, she still has less personality flaws than Yennefer after all, considering she's mentally damaged. What also makes it not just very hard to compare but also kind of pointless
is the difference of content amount. Writing a complete list of Yennefer's personality flaws and mistakes from books
and games seems quite impossible to me. You'd just have to read all the books again, starting with The Last Wish...

So once again - Yennefer is a book character. I'm reading the books for almost 13 years. I really don't care what was portrayed in the games and how badly, honestly I couldn't be bothered. Triss is a game character. She gets a lot more content and background than in the books. You can't compare a game character with a book character. If you want to confront Triss with Yennefer, don't mix it up. Compare their book characters or their game characters... If you were to compare game characters, Triss has the upper hand, quite obviously. If we wanted to compare their book characters,
Yennefer wins, if for nothing else, then for being the love of Geralt's life, a mother of his daughter and a main character.
In the games you become a new Geralt. This Geralt can forget about Yen and love Triss. He can't do that in the books.

Last edited:
Talking about Triss in games and Triss in books is like trying to talk about two twins. They are the same but quite different. I don't see the flaws in both characters as something I can critize, because I'm a kind of people who always say Why? instead make any prejudfment. Maybe it's because I'm too old, in age and in soul.

What I'm claiming is how CDPR, great and depth fans of Sapkowski books, stories, and characters, leave shuch lacks of information or preinformation for the newcomer. And the excuse that the books' stories are too complex is not valid to me, because they've made an awesome work in TW1 (storyline/chracters) and TW2 but just put a big hole in front newcomers in TW3. They have huge reasons to show what the player could chose one or other or no none sorceress, but they haven't make use of them at all. They only seems to take the easy way: godd first impression for one, bad first impression for the other, if the gamer follows the level recomendation, he/her find withthe chloice to say "I love" to one of both before having a quest with the other one.

Yen's faces negative as many than possitive ones, she is a woman with faults and gifts. When I know somebody I try to understand why. If I cannot, I just ignore and go on.

And as said in another thread

Royal Palace of Vizima - remove or rework dialogue options:
2. Before we part... why didn't you contact me earlier?

Imagine, just imgine if it's not Geralt who makes this question but Yen? If there was a love spell linking her with Geralt, what she wasn't looking for him in despite of Ciri's fate? And, in game, Yen doesn't mention her months of own amnesia, too, nor her captivity state. This kind of omission makes newcomers dislikeher character deeply without know her. In comparison, Triss is introduced like a victime of the Eternal Fire, persecuted as if she were the only of both woman has suffered.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom