Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
For You as I see in Geralt's story is only books, but for me there is and books and games, and they are complete story of Geralt.

That's also the way I see it and I agree with you @0nakita, from books it began the realtionship with Triss and continued been told in games and the authors gave the freedom to choose instead of making it one single story told. Had it been one just one true love then they shouldn't have given the option in games and stick with JUST the books but they didn't, they saw potential with Triss & Geralt and so they continued with it.

I like what they did and how they handle it in the games. Now if only they could fix somethings here and there during the story telling well...even better to look at their story from start towards Witcher 3.

This is cdprojektred forum. CDPR created games. We discussed games + books here. Argument: It was not in books [but present in games], so it's not right - is not valid.
May I ask why it's not valid? Games gives you more options... nothing wrong with this. Some choices are lore friendly some not.

It seems You try to convince me that I done a very big, no HUGE mistake by chossing Triss as love for Geralt...
No. I was saying that it was interesting POV that you think game is continuation of books. Interesting because I know you chose Triss as you romance option. And if you read the books you know that Geralt true love isn't Triss. So I'm a bit confused by this facts. Nothing more.

May I ask why it's not valid? Games gives you more options... nothing wrong with this. Some choices are lore friendly some not.

Because it presents in games...:eredinfacepalm:
Triss romance - it's game's privilege

---------- Updated at 11:31 AM ----------

No. I was saying that it was interesting POV that you think game is continuation of books. Interesting because I know you chose Triss as you romance option. And if you read the books you know that Geralt true love isn't Triss. So I'm a bit confused by this facts. Nothing more.

I think u dont undertand. No one pretends that Triss is big Geralt's love in books...

But it is. Books' events precede games events and that's the fact.
Books are independent piece of art. The fact that games start after event's in the books don't make them prequel to the games.

---------- Updated at 09:36 AM ----------

I think u dont undertand. No one pretends that Triss is big Geralt's love in books...
well, but many of you say that you see games as continuation of books while you know that Triss romance can't be continuation of books. :D now even I not fully understand what I'm trying to say!

And if you read the books you know that Geralt true love isn't Triss. So I'm a bit confused by this facts. Nothing more.
For me Yen wasn't true love. First was Yens controlling spell, than was Djinns wish and obsession by Yen, only in "Time of Contempt" they started to love each other without obsession and djinns. As I said it's totally IMO!
After amnezia he fell in love with Triss and later he ends up loving them both. And in TW3 he understands that he loves Triss more. As I said only in my games and in mine Witcher's world.

But it also helps to build foundations in favor of changes, in story telling, in adding even more lore in some cases. When it comes to people (fictional or real), stories, characters, traits evolve as it should be instead of staying still and unchangeable.
But sometimes even Triss don't want to change her mind (necromancy). So it's not as simple as you try to say. Changes needed but not lore-breaking. Like we know that Geralt don't kill dragons though in games you can chose to kill one. I think it's not lore friendly choice. But you think it's ok. Different people different opinions.

But sometimes even Triss don't want to change her mind (necromancy). So it's not as simple as you try to say. Changes needed but not lore-breaking. Like we know that Geralt don't kill dragons though in games you can chose to kill one. I think it's not lore friendly choice. But you think it's ok. Different people different opinions.

>>but not lore-breaking

why? Amnesia could change people beyond recognition. So in games Geralt could act differently. But he's still a witcher. That is unchangeable and lore-friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom