List of changes and cut content from the May 2014 leaks (copied from Reddit)

+
Then just write that your are disappointed that the didn't play a bigger role and not some non-sense that CDP hates her because they wrote her in a way, that makes perfectly sense plotwise but you just didn't like because fangirling.

It makes NO sense.Philippa was the most wanted member of the Lodge and she managed to hide,even without eyes.Keira and Triss were also doing fine,even though power-wise they're the weakest members.Sheala on the other hand is one of the most powerful mages in the North.And unlike other sorceresses she had options where to hide.She could've just teleported to Kovir and hide there.

I think Síle was more wanted since she was the one present and accused publicly at the council and everybody saw her having a dragon protecting her burning other people, Philippa was just very wanted by Radovid himself.

Either way, does not make sense at all that she got captured.

As I´ve said, there should have been some sort of side quest with witch hunters that determined her fate.

For example:

A side quest with witch hunters hunting a wanted witch and Geralt does not know it is Síle and if he helps them in some way, she gets captured, he finds her later on in the dungeon and there would be a flashback like there was with Keira.

If he doesnt help them and possibly kills them, she escapes and he finds her later on somewhere else in another side quest which if he completes, she will help him fight the hunt.

That would have been great.

Imagine the conversation she´d have with Triss if she was the one who accused her : )

Theres so much the writers could have done with this and they simply let her die and give her 2 minutes of screen time : /

Enlighten me. Why didn't it make sense plotwise?
I will write mostly as a book fan, if you weren't reading them, It maybe more difficult to you to understand this character.
She is a sorceress from Kovir, the adviser of queen Zuleyka and her son, king Tancred, both respect her greatly. Kovir is neutral territory, not affected by war or witch hunts. Sheala have tower here, in Krayden. She could teleport from Temeria to Kovir, because she have a house there, and political shelter. There is nothing to do for her in Temeria, she was exposed and everyone was looking for her. That is simple logic.
If you speak about the justice and so on - she killed only one king, Letho killed more, betrayed both Sile and Geralt for the sake of Nilfgaard. Would not it be pefrectly fitted to the plot, that he would be tortured and died in prison with or instead Sheala? I think yes.
You can think another way, but we play RPG, and everyone have chosen as we want in TW2 - I killed the betrayer (Letho) and saved Sheala. I waited for this to be bigger influence on my 3-d game, bigger than to chose from 3 death for the favourite character.

It makes NO sense.Philippa was the most wanted member of the Lodge and she managed to hide,even without eyes.Keira and Triss were also doing fine,even though power-wise they're the weakest members.Sheala on the other hand is one of the most powerful mages in the North.And unlike other sorceresses she had options where to hide.She could've just teleported to Kovir and hide there.

This is not how it works. Just because one sorceress managed to escape doesn't mean that that has to be the case for every one, no matter how powerful they are in theory. They are not almighty.. Even Phillipa was turned into an owl and captured by Djikstra at some point.
This shows it can be something trivial like trusting the wrong person to get caught.
Shaela was the most wanted person at the end of witcher 2 and in opposite to other sorceresses she was not only hunted by the North,but also by Nilfgaard.
About Kovir. Maybe she fled to Kovir, but the rulers refused to give her hideout so she had to leave? Why would the king there be so stupid to give the most wanted person shelter, especially when this person is wanted by both Radovids North and Nilfgaard.? No matter who would win the war, Kovir would be the loser and Shaela isn't worth this. Or maybe they just didn't want to help her because they know about her attempted mass murder in Loc Muinne and her regicide? We don't know, but that definitely doesn't make any more sense that being captured by Witch Hunters, tortured and killed.

This is not how it works.
Okay, but tell me, why we have a killer of 3 kings alive and well, and a quest with him and everything is okay? (Letho) Would not there be more sense if he died in a prison from tortures, because, well, he is a murderer. He was the most wanted person for Nilfgaardians who was flooding all North.
We should have a similar quest line with Sheala, but it did not happened because of reasons. Why we can not be disappointed with this? Can we complain that this was meant to be, but did not made into game? Definitely, yes.

This is not how it works. Just because one sorceress managed to escape doesn't mean that that has to be the case for every one, no matter how powerful they are in theory. They are not almighty.. Even Phillipa was turned into an owl and captured by Djikstra at some point.
This shows it can be something trivial like trusting the wrong person to get caught.
Shaela was the most wanted person at the end of witcher 2 and in opposite to other sorceresses she was not only hunted by the North,but also by Nilfgaard.
About Kovir. Maybe she fled to Kovir, but the rulers refused to give her hideout so she had to leave? Why would the king there be so stupid to give the most wanted person shelter, especially when this person is wanted by both Radovids North and Nilfgaard.? No matter who would win the war, Kovir would be the loser and Shaela isn't worth this. Or maybe they just didn't want to help her because they know about her attempted mass murder in Loc Muinne and her regicide? We don't know, but that definitely doesn't make any more sense that being captured by Witch Hunters, tortured and killed.

Letho was just as if not more wanted than her,and he managed just fine,without magic and powerful allies at his side.And even if the rules refused her,it doesn't explain what was she doing in Novigrad.She could've hide in Kovir in the same manner as Keira,without anyone knowing it.

I will write mostly as a book fan, if you weren't reading them, It maybe more difficult to you to understand this character.
She is a sorceress from Kovir, the adviser of queen Zuleyka and her son, king Tancred, both respect her greatly. Kovir is neutral territory, not affected by war or witch hunts. Sheala have tower here, in Krayden. She could teleport from Temeria to Kovir, because she have a house there, and political shelter. There is nothing to do for her in Temeria, she was exposed and everyone was looking for her. That is simple logic.
Read the part about Kovir from my other post. I doesn't make any sense for the king there to give her shelter. If not for political reasons (wanted by the North and Nilfgaard) than for other ones (attempted mass murder,several murder, mindcontrol, regicide and probably more)

If you speak about the justice and so on - she killed only one king, Letho killed more, betrayed both Sile and Geralt for the sake of Nilfgaard. Would not it be pefrectly fitted to the plot, that he would be tortured and died in prison with or instead Sheala? I think yes.
You can think another way, but we play RPG, and everyone have chosen as we want in TW2 - I killed the betrayer (Letho) and saved Sheala. I waited for this to be bigger influence on my 3-d game, bigger than to chose from 3 death for the favourite character.
I was never speaking about justice. I spoke about logic. What does Letho have to do with it? CDp decided to write his storyy in the way they wrote it. Would it have made sense for him to get captured and tortured? Sure, but it also makes sense for him to not get captured. Same applies to Shaela. But I didn't want to know from you what could have happened to Shaela, I wanted to know why her being captured and tortured didn't make sense. You didn't answer that , but just avoided my question.
And to be honest. I take a bigger role for Letho over a big role for lodge sorceress nr. 6 any day. There is nothing about Shaela they couldn't have achieved with just another lodge sorceress. In regard to the witcher 2 events with Phillipa, as they had basically the same function and it regards to the witcher 3 events with Keira, Fringilla, Margaritta or Phillipa. (and 2 of them barely played any role, so I don'T see what important role aside from just another mage against the Hunt Shaela would have played)

The leak also hinted about The Witcher 4, I read in here http://www.vgleaks.com/the-witcher-3-all-the-leaks-so-far
But I guess it will be a few years in the future.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/0...ld-hunt-interview-with-the-gameplay-designer/

CD Projekt Red’s Senior Gameplay Designer, Dominic Monnier:

Ciri’s appearance was caused, in part, by the team’s decision to close up the series with this game.

“[The Witcher 3] is the last of everything,” Monnier said. People go back and forth on messageboards and such about whether this is the last Witcher game or the last game starring Geralt, but Monnier makes it clear: no more Witcher games after this one.

“I was on [the Witcher subreddit] and someone mentioned we could do a full Ciri game. I’d love to do that. I don’t know, we have no plans to do it. People think we’re going to use her, that we’re using Wild Hunt as an intro to her,” he said.

“It makes sense, I thought, actually it’s a good idea. But we wanted to show her because it’s the last game, it’s our last chance.”

“We’d never say never, though,” he said, leaving a last, thin string of hope for us.

Letho was just as if not more wanted than her,and he managed just fine,without magic and powerful allies at his side.And even if the rules refused her,it doesn't explain what was she doing in Novigrad.She could've hide in Kovir in the same manner as Keira,without anyone knowing it.
Yes, so what? They are not the same characters. Just because Shaela got captured,. Letho has to be captured as well? How does that make any sense?
They probably though Letho is the more interesting character and fits better in the story than just another lodge sorceress, so they gave him a bigger role in the game. '

And to be honest. I take a bigger role for Letho over a big role for lodge sorceress nr. 6 any day. There is nothing about Shaela they couldn't have achieved with just another lodge sorceress. In regard to the witcher 2 events with Phillipa, as they had basically the same function and it regards to the witcher 3 events with Keira, Fringilla, Margaritta or Phillipa. (and 2 of them barely played any role, so I don'T see what important role aside from just another mage against the Hunt Shaela would have played)

They have the same role,but they all are different characters.Each of them has their fans.So of course Sheala fans were disappointed by her treatement.

They have the same role,but they all are different characters.Each of them has their fans.So of course Sheala fans were disappointed by her treatement.

Finally we agree. It's not about if her treatment in the game made sense plotwise, but just about disappointment that a favorite character didn't play a bigger role. Basically Fanservice. It's funny that this ís coming from you considering that you permanently complain about "fanservice" when it comes to revealing clothes. I guess when it's in your opinion the right fanservice, it isn't that bad anymore?

• A model for Iorveth was worked on and he was set to appear in Novigrad, along with other Scoia'tael, in a basement under a house in the nonhuman district. Geralt would see him playing his flute, using the same music from TW2, while sitting next to an Elven portal. Character descriptions for both Iorveth and Isengrim Faoiltiarna were also going to appear in the preliminary Prima guide. Why they were cut from the game is unknown, put it's not completely out there to suspect that either Iorveth or Roche would've helped you during
  • There are several important side quests (SQ large) with interesting names, such as “KILLBILL”, “PIGS”, “SCOIATEL” and, humorously, “HATE FRUIT”, which don’t seem to have made it into the final version of the game. I guess vegetarians aren’t popular in Poland. If someone here can properly translate the Polish names for me, I'd gladly add them to the OP.
Very disapointing the removal of the Scoia'tel, Iorveth and Saskia. An entire path of the Witcher 2 vanished. I hope that, at least, this will be fix this in the expansions.

Just a question. There was any reference for the Temerian guerrilla? Some sidequest or something like that

Finally we agree. It's not about if her treatment in the game made sense plotwise, but just about disappointment that a favorite character didn't play a bigger role. Basically Fanservice. It's funny that this ís coming from you considering that you permanently complain about "fanservice" when it comes to revealing clothes. I guess when it's in your opinion the right fanservice, it isn't that bad anymore?

I also said that there's nothing wrong with fanservice as long as it doesn't hurt the character.I still think that Triss having no scars was a bad fanservice.Sheala's treatement in TW3 was a fan disservice.

That's generally how everyone works. No one complains about fanservice when they're the ones being serviced, it's only when someone else is that they complain.

They probably though Letho is the more interesting character and fitys better in the story than just another lodge sorceress, so they gave him a bigger role in the game.
For whom is he interesting? For you? For me he is not interesting, I do not like him. It is your subjective point that he plays bigger role and is more important that "random sorceress'. Sheala was never random, she is one of the most powerful in magic and politics, she and Philippa was the two funding members of the Lodge.

But I didn't want to know from you what could have happened to Shaela, I wanted to know why her being captured and tortured didn't make sense.
Do I tell that I do not see her captured at all? In leaked files she was tortured, indeed, but there was a chance to save her. That was all I needed in this game, nothing more.

I doesn't make any sense for the king there to give her shelter.
Oh, please. It wouldn't make any sense if they wouldn't give her a shelter. She was greatly respected here. She and Zuleyka are alike, trusts one another, they conspired together. And Kovir kings never gives 2 f*cks about what happens in the Northern Kingdoms or Nilfgaard. They have a crazy rich country, and North is poor. They could tell "Leave alone Sheala, of there will not be any money for your ruined kingdoms". In Nilfgaard there was a amnesty for the Lodge from Emhyr himself.

I also said that there's nothing wrong with fanservice as long as it doesn't hurt the character.I still think that Triss having no scars was a bad fanservice.Sheala's treatement in TW3 was a fan disservice.
And I guess it hurt's the character when you say it hurt's the character?
I think we can agree that this discussion is pointless.

And I guess it hurt's the character when you say it hurt's the characters?
I think we can agree that this discussion is pointless.

It's just my opinion.You're free to disagree.

---------- Updated at 11:11 AM ----------

Do I tell that I do not see her captured at all? In leaked files she was tortured, indeed, but there was a chance to save her. That was all I needed in this game, nothing more.

Another thing that makes no sense.We have Philippa,Yennefer,Margarita and Triss.And four of them can't heal Sheala?Seriously?

Also, it would make more sense for Letho to be killed and tortured but Síle?

She can summon all sorts of elemental protectors and teleport to safe places whenever she wants.

She´s got friends she can count on, she could have teleported to Phil´s hideout and hide there.

Or to Dal Blathanna where Francesca would certainly offer her an asylum. Or to Blue Mountains where Ida lives, no one would find her there.

I just find it hard to believe that she´d choose Oxenfurt/Novigrad where witch hunt is currently taking place.

For whom is he interesting? For you? For me he is not interesting, I do not like him. It is your subjective point that he plays bigger role and is more important that "random sorceress'. Sheala was never random, she is one of the most powerful in magic and politics, she and Philippa was the two funding members of the Lodge.
More interesting for CDP. That's all that matters. Shaela is random for the witcher 3 events. She has no function that couldn't have been achieved with just another lodge sorceress. Letho at least fought the Hunt once at the hanged man's tree and was more unique that just another sorceress. And we have more than enough of them in the game. I can't blame CDp for not including another one, especially if they didn't think she would have any important role to justify the usage of ressources for a character, who won't be seen by 50%+- of the people.

Oh, please. It wouldn't make any sense if they wouldn't give her a shelter. She was greatly respected here. She and Zuleyka are alike, trusts one another, they conspired together. And Kovir kings never gives 2 f*cks about what happens in the Northern Kingdoms or Nilfgaard. They have a crazy rich country, and North is poor. They could tell "Leave alone Sheala, of there will not be any money for your ruined kingdoms". In Nilfgaard there was a amnesty for the Lodge from Emhyr himself.
Saying Kovir doesn't care about the political situation in the south is plain wrong. They were always very interested and smart. Giving a wanted woman shelter would be just stupid and that's just out of character for the rulers there. Kovir is rich but still a small kingdom. They can't oppose a united North or Nilfgaard. And why should they? For a sorceress? For Shaela? For a murderer? For a regicde? For a manipulative witch? (maybe the king found out how Shaela manipulated him in his dreams)
I would maybe agree that if Shaela was only hunted by the North. But it's also Nilfgaard and they wouldn't turn the whole continent against them for Shaela.

Another thing that makes no sense.We have Philippa,Yennefer,Margarita and Triss.And four of them can't heal Sheala?Seriously?
It bugs me too. Triss had more than 80% of her skin burned after Sodden. Healed. Yen have her eyes burned out - healed. Keira has her teeth knocked out, broken leg and ribs - healed, Phil was all beaten up after Thanned - healed. Sheala lost 5 or 6 teeth, was beaten, has a cuts on her tights, and her hair was cut - wants to die. Maybe because of the hair? If my hair was cut, I would want to die too :sadtriss:

---------- Updated at 11:21 AM ----------

And why should they? For a sorceress? For Shaela? For a murderer? For a regicde? For a manipulative witch?
I see how much you so not like her, but, please, do not make it like anyone is like that, and, please, do not answer for the CDPR, except that you work for them.

maybe the king found out how Shaela manipulated him in his dreams
He is dead, killed by assassins while defending Zuleyka.

Top Bottom