Patch 1.08 | What would you expect?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just hoping it fixes the performance issues 1.07 brought. Mini freezes, terrible stuttering while running & loss of fps on some specific areas. Plus some awful blurry freezes while the camera change angles in cutscenes.

For Ps4;

1. 100% 30fps gameplay.
2. 100% 30fps cutscenes.
3. 100% 30fps in all towns and villages.
4. 100% 30fps in combats.

Extras: get rid of horse walk/run stutters and fix that cutscenes that struggles to try maintain to 30fps when there are more npc or the models are close on camera. Also the game does lag sometimes like in W2, when running its stutters.

If those will fixed, I will be happy.

Something that would again make game playable for dual core users, as it was before 1.07. I know that those are below required specs but as I wrote, game was perfectly smooth before 1.07 patch, and I don't see how we should resign from stash and all goodies that new version presents.

it would be nice if instead of keep the button to run or gallop we just tap it once to gallop and twice the horse runs, the objetive is to check around with the camera (auto center off) and make the gameplay more confortable overall...it would fit nicely in the game

PC (potentially other platforms as well):

Fix area-and-time-of-day-linked framerate drops. Includes Novigrad, Pellar's Hut/Cemetery next to it, the Cave to the west of Pellar's Hut, and potentially an Abandoned Site in White Orchard.

Framerates can drop in these areas, but only at certain times of day (not the same time of day for each area). Lowering Foliage from Ultra to High will fix the problems that I experienced, until I walk a little ways away and come back, at which point the frame drops resume, even at High Foliage.

it would be nice if instead of keep the button to run or gallop we just tap it once to gallop and twice the horse runs, the objetive is to check around with the camera (auto center off) and make the gameplay more confortable overall...it would fit nicely in the game
That's a good idea. I'll add somthing like "Alternative run/gallop" to the original post.

E3 graphics :eek:kay:
Arrh, I feel sorry to still read that kind of complaint. It may have a bit less details/lighting bells and whistles, but come on!
I am constantly impressed by the way TW3 looks, especially since I reached Skellige. I still don't understand how one can stay unmoved by the dozens of breath-taking landscapes available through out the game. PRobably the best looking game I have on PC. Hands down actually.

Kori and Kraki does not spawn after The Phantom of Eldberg is you completed King's Gambit it seems. Geralt and Jorund still talks about them as if they were just there. Either they died during King's Gambit outside of the story and they forgot to remove the conversation AND warn us that the Sidequest could remove another sidequest. Or it's just bugged somehow.

Maybe Madman Lugos got so pissed off he now can't be talked to and thus that removed Kori and Kraki.

Get Junior or any Vernon Roche related quests should be fixed asap considering it is the MAIN QUEST, or at least implement a fully fonctional debug console with the commands to fix the quest ourselves, just look at skyrim, buggiest game but no game breaking stuff since you could basically complete any quest with console.

I fully expect CDPR to fix the various quest bugs as well as the bugged achievements. These are the most important IMHO.

Fix the @#$%#@!@ stuttering affecting a large number of us GTX 970 owners
It had always been stuttering in Novigrad (since I began my game with patch 1.03 version) until I set a FPS cap @55fps (the value is not important) using Nvidia Inspector. It seemed my CPU (i5 2500K) and/or GPU (GTX970 G1 Gaming, stock OCed) couldn't handle the ~60fps zone because they were both hitting 100% usage irregularly.

Since then, not a single stutter, apart from when the engine is loading large new assets (first 2 seconds after fast-traveling for example). Plus the CPU + GPU usage dropped, now rarely going above 90%. And rock solid 55fps with almost everything maxed out is just perfect.

Last edited:
For me running the game with a GTX 960 on PC, the 1.07 patch fixed most of my major issues. I am welcoming continued refinement with later patches, but honestly I have not run into any game-breakers. I love this game now with all the PC improvements to the controller.

Okay, I got a bug to report. but it's not a game breaker:

Quest: "Hey, You Wanna Look At My Stuff?" cannot be completed on my Game. I only started playing since 1.07 was released, and I thought this bug was supposed to be fixed. But I am fully patched. I followed the scent trail to this merchants new position after guards chased him off, but can't speak to him. It doesnt show as failed, but I also cant complete it.

another Quest Bug: "The Dead Have No Defense Treasure Hunt ". Orignially I killed the men guarding the threasure before clearing the village area with the key. I then went down hill, cleared area, got key, went back found chest in the catacombs, and opened chest. Quest does NOT show as completed, and now when I go back, the chest is locked again.

Can not talk to Baron's Sergeant to begin "Urly Baby" quest. Pls fix this bug. I wana finish this game

The Rose of Remembrance shouldn't be in Triss' house in Novigrad if you have chosen Iorveth in TW2.

Also the Faithful Friend quest (epilogue) can't be completed.

Can not talk to Baron's Sergeant to begin "Urly Baby" quest. Pls fix this bug. I wana finish this game
I'm about to reach that quest's step. If I trigger the bug, I'll add it to the original post :)
The Rose of Remembrance shouldn't be in Triss' house in Novigrad if you have chosen Iorveth in TW2.

Also the Faithful Friend quest (epilogue) can't be completed.
Good point @Chareq ! Did you import your save and still get the rose?

I added these two ideas to the original post:
- "Add a notepad function through the game's (quest?) menu" , to keep a record of things we notice while exploring.
- "Add a mini-map directly in the quest-menu", to be able to track the quest location while browsing available quests and thereby organize exploration in a more efficient/enjoyable way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom