New Game+ is coming it seems

+
I think you're misinterpreting the nature of our exchange. I'm not formulating an "argument." Nor am I particularly concerned with anyone else's estimation of how "reasonable" I sound.
Do you realize that the word "argument" there was intended just as a quick replacement for "articulated way to word your reasons for", rather than implying we were fighting over it, right?

And I never tried to imply you were unreasonable. Context matters. No need to be over-defensive about this stuff.
Oh, and I also never suggested you were trying to "convince me" of anything (not that you could, actually) nor I was trying to convince you.

I just commented on the line of reasoning you used ("I don't like to level up so starting at high level is great") pointing how it is at odds with the fact that you'd have to level anyway even in NG+, just with bigger numbers this time.
Now you are switching your stance in "i prefer exp at higher levels than lowers", instead, and that's different. Aaaand also something with what I can agree even less, since the lower levels where you are actually struggling a bit and some missions can still feel a bit dangerous are by far the most fun to play in TW3, in my opinion.

Regarding some of the questions that appeared since yesterday, here are the answers.

Enemies will be stronger, obviously.

What carries over?
Player experience (if you're below level 30 when finishing the vanilla game, you will be bumped to level 30 for the start of NG+), items (excluding: quest items, books & letters, Gwent cards, usable items, trophies), money and alchemy recipes.

When starting New Game Plus you can select any difficulty level.

You can obtain the Death Match achievement when playing the NG+ mode.

What's the starting level of the character when beginning NG+?
The same that you had when finishing the game, if above 30, otherwise you start at level 30. You also get a free Clearing Potion at the start so you can reset your skills and try a different build.

Last edited:
I hope the difficulty on NG+ death march will be higher than normal Death March Many people complained about Deatch March being too easy after the first 10-15 hours and I hope you use the opportunity to balance it out. The highest difficulty should be difficult but currently it's a cake-walk and not challenging at all.

Do you realize that the word "argument" there was intended just as a quick replacement for "articulated way to word your reasons for", rather than implying we were fighting over it, right?

And I never tried to imply you were unreasonable. Context matters. No need to be over-defensive about this stuff.
Oh, and I also never suggested you were trying to "convince me" of anything (not that you could, actually) nor I was trying to convince you.

I just commented on the line of reasoning you used ("I don't like to level up so starting at high level is great") pointing how it is at odds with the fact that you'd have to level anyway even in NG+, just with bigger numbers this time.
Now you are switching your stance in "i prefer exp at higher levels than lowers", instead, and that's different. Aaaand also something with what I can agree even less, since the lower levels where you are actually struggling a bit and some missions can still feel a bit dangerous are by far the most fun to play in TW3, in my opinion.

I think we've reached the point of diminishing returns. Your hostility (whether you want to acknowledge it or not) is growing increasingly toxic and wearisome. Think what you will about my inconsistent stance. I'll be busy having fun with NG+. The last word is yours, if you want it.

I'm wondering what was an original plan for last DLC? 'Cause it seems like CDPR switched to NG+ due to requests

I highly doubt that, people found stuff referring to NG+ in files at launch, even stuff saying like DLC12_ngplus. They just kept hush hush so they could announce it on their terms, if they had confirmed it when people suspected it there would be less surprise/news stories.

If it was fan influence they were influenced before launch.

So, I guess that there'll be still only 12 slots for skills?

There's just no real gameplay reason to obtain levels more than 30, because at this point of the game there are enough skill points for full upgrade of any set of 12 skills

I think we've reached the point of diminishing returns. Your hostility (whether you want to acknowledge it or not) is growing increasingly toxic.
I ... wasn't actually trying to be "hostile" at all, just talk about the topic at hand?
But you just thrown in the word "toxic" (plus "diminishing returns" and other popular internet buzzwords) so it's probably time for me to give up, because that's typically a red flag about dealing with a sensitive soul.

Last edited:
phew, alchemical recipes carry over, that's one thing.

too bad no gwent cards though :( I had such an awesome deck -_-

Can't wait though!! bring this out already! :D

There's just no real gameplay reason to obtain levels more than 30, because at this point of the game there are enough skill points for full upgrade of any set of 12 skills

There is: You can swap out skillsets (and thanks to the storage: equipment sets) to adapt your playstyle without starting a new game. That was my initial hope when I saw the limited skill slots and reasonably small number of skills (before I realized most had 3 to 5 levels) - that it'd be somewhat like in Diablo 3, so that you have an early phase of the game where you unlock skills and are then allowed to experiment with them to find your personal favorites.

Please tell me how you got, whirl, cluster bomb, and all alternate signs in a single build before :p. Just giving an example, no you don't get all the skills but it allows you to be a more effective jack of all trades, where before that option wasn't near as good as a dedicated build. Also 50 or so skill points from the start which is nice.

Please tell me how you got, whirl, cluster bomb, and all alternate signs in a single build before :p. Just giving an example, no you don't get all the skills but it allows you to be a more effective jack of all trades, where before that option wasn't near as good as a dedicated build. Also 50 or so skill points from the start which is nice.

Hm, ok, got the point. Let's hope then that difficulty would be increased to that degree that such high-level skills builds will be crucial for surviving :)

I hope you can't overlevel the enemies in NG+ too
You better believe you will.
If you are like me with a level 36 character you'll already have a significant advantage over the default beginning (level 30, apparently) SO yes, I'm expecting to overlevel things very soon.

I hope its better balanced than the Maingame. 1-8 was a pain on Dark, but after that it was pretty easy, unless you fought enemies 10+ Levels above you.

When you say "usable items" do not carry over but alchemy recipes do does that mean if I have the recipe for and have already crafted Superior Swallow in my vanilla game that I will have to re-obtain the ingredients and re-craft it in NG+?

The reason this is important is because on a higher difficulty having the upper tier of Raffards/Swallow/Thunderbolt/ would be, in my opinion, the way to go. Not reverting to a lower level set of potions.

Last edited:
When you say "usable items" do not carry over but alchemy recipes do does that means if I have to recipe for and have already crafted Superior Swallow in my vanilla game that I will have to re-obtain the ingredients and re-craft it in NG+?

The reason this is important is because on a higher difficulty having the upper tier of Raffards/Swallow/Thunderbolt/ would be, in my opinion, the way to go. Not reverting to a lower level set of potions.

This. and what about the BANK, the monies, the mulla. Should I sell everything I own before moving forward, or keep my sword collection?

Super excited for the NG+ !!

You better believe you will.
If you are like me with a level 36 character you'll already have a significant advantage over the default beginning (level 30, apparently) SO yes, I'm expecting to overlevel things very soon.

Who knows they might put level scaling in for NG+ that's part of the beauty of NG+ is that you can make design choices based on the fact people have already finished the game how you originally planned.

If not level scaling I would expect them to tone down the bonus you get against lower level monsters which is huge. I downloaded a mod/save files that let you start the game at lvl 31 and the first ghouls you encounter (lvl 1) could have easily killed me, that was with the bonus Geralt gets against under level monsters turned off.

Top Bottom