New Game+ is coming it seems

+
That's almost certainly a no. All the inventory items are different and the leveling skill system is different, and cannot carry over. Unless you'd be okay with starting off with just the default items

I guess he means in terms of initial world state (you know, Letho-related quest and stuff...).

Hmm, if you are starting a fresh game, but it is New Game + It seems it would give you a new version of that armor starting out. Since that is how the game starts. Or maybe you will just have what your previous game had on?

Hmm, if you are starting a fresh game, but it is New Game + It seems it would give you a new version of that armor starting out. Since that is how the game starts. Or maybe you will just have what your previous game had on?
I would love if the game started with a stronger Kaer Morhen armor, but I seriously doubt it. More likely is you will start with whatever armor you had on last time.

GWENT cards not carrying over is a very bad decision

Regarding some of the questions that appeared since yesterday, here are the answers.

What carries over?
Player experience (if you're below level 30 when finishing the vanilla game, you will be bumped to level 30 for the start of NG+), items (excluding: quest items, books & letters, Gwent cards, usable items, trophies), money and alchemy recipes..

Marcin and Team,

This here about Gwent, is a very poor design choice. It's going to completely ruin the fun of NG+ for me and I'm sure many others as well.
Can you explain why exactly GWENT cards should NOT carry over?

I was under the impression NG+ is there so we can actually feel like powerful Witchers right from the start, do NOT chase after each little piece of gear and honeycomb for gold, and focus on slaying monsters and enjoying the combat and the story?

Why on Earth then, would you make us click on every merchant in the game and chase the GWENT cards all over again? Some of us would have spent DOZENS of hours collecting cards for all decks, doing quests, etc. etc. How satisfying would it be to actually stand a chance the merchant in the Prologue during NG+? (yes, I beat him anyway but still)

Collecting all GWENT cards probably takes longer than recipes and gear really. They should NOT be lost during NG+.

This feels like a cop out from you CDPR. I respect you guys as fantastic developers but you're about to drop the ball big time here.

If anything, I was expecting NG+ to take this opportunity to BUFF the decks of GWENT opponents and let us use our hard earned decks to have some amazing games right from the start. Actually, the possibilities are almost endless. You could:

1) add 1-2 Hero cards to every GWENT player in the game or add more card variety
2) buff the AI / decks overall from some of the best players in the game to the low-level players
3) ADD special cards and rewards for beating tough opponents in NG+ or ADD other GWENT-related incentives. For instance, completing NG+ for the first time could reward Geralt with Duny card, or Calanthe card (characters from the books) or anything else you see fitting.

As it stands now you're brushing GWENT under the carpet and making us reacquire the cards all over again.

My Geralt would feel awfully strange in NG+, coming from full decks and all the best cards acquired through HOURS of effort, completely wiped.

Can I kindly request that GWENT gets its due attention in NG+. At the very least, allow us to carry the cards over if you're not able to do anything more.

Thank you

Regarding some of the questions that appeared since yesterday, here are the answers.

Enemies will be stronger, obviously.

What carries over?
Player experience (if you're below level 30 when finishing the vanilla game, you will be bumped to level 30 for the start of NG+), items (excluding: quest items, books & letters, Gwent cards, usable items, trophies), money and alchemy recipes.

When starting New Game Plus you can select any difficulty level.

You can obtain the Death Match achievement when playing the NG+ mode.

What's the starting level of the character when beginning NG+?
The same that you had when finishing the game, if above 30, otherwise you start at level 30. You also get a free Clearing Potion at the start so you can reset your skills and try a different build.

I have a question will this be a one time NG+ or will it be infinite, meaning every time we clear the game even in NG+ that we get to start again with a new NG+ mode so we that we can take advantage of the infinite levels?

I wish we could get armor upgrades for the Kaer Morhen armor, just like the upgrades we get for the Witcher school armors. It's a good looking armor piece, IMO.

NG+ Needs a Reward for completing a game, like TORCHLIGHT or TORCHLIGHT 2 heirloom items!

I have a question will this be a one time NG+ or will it be infinite, meaning every time we clear the game even in NG+ that we get to start again with a new NG+ mode so we that we can take advantage of the infinite levels?

Good point, also something else important and related.
If we're going to have Infinite NG+ like the above post suggests (and we absolutely should), then what is the incentive for completing multiple playthoughs?

I'm thinking TORCHLIGHT or TORCHLIGHT 2 when each time you complete the game, you can 'buff' one of your items and hand it down / use in in the next playthrough. As a result, after completing a few NG+ games you could end up with some seriously powerful gear upgraded multiple times and passed on to the next game.

I think NG+ needs this type of ONE, SMALL BUT IMPORTANT reward or bonus for completing an NG+.

And yes, NG+ needs to be Infinite so we can keep taking our NG+ Geralt on endless adventures!

I was excited by this NG+ DLC... until I read the crappy part about non-transferable Gwent cards. You must be kidding.

What's the point, seriously? My deck is almost complete except for a few missable cards. Yet I'll have to collect everything again? No way in Hell.

I was excited by this NG+ DLC... until I read the crappy part about non-transferable Gwent cards. You must be kidding.

What's the point, seriously? My deck is almost complete except for a few missable cards. Yet I'll have to collect everything again? No way in Hell.

See my post #606 above.
I used a few more words but I think you captured my thoughts very accurately as well!!

Marcin and Team,

This here about Gwent, is a very poor design choice. It's going to completely ruin the fun of NG+ for me and I'm sure many others as well.
Can you explain why exactly GWENT cards should NOT carry over?

I was under the impression NG+ is there so we can actually feel like powerful Witchers right from the start, do NOT chase after each little piece of gear and honeycomb for gold, and focus on slaying monsters and enjoying the combat and the story?

Why on Earth then, would you make us click on every merchant in the game and chase the GWENT cards all over again? Some of us would have spent DOZENS of hours collecting cards for all decks, doing quests, etc. etc. How satisfying would it be to actually stand a chance the merchant in the Prologue during NG+? (yes, I beat him anyway but still)

Collecting all GWENT cards probably takes longer than recipes and gear really. They should NOT be lost during NG+.

This feels like a cop out from you CDPR. I respect you guys as fantastic developers but you're about to drop the ball big time here.

If anything, I was expecting NG+ to take this opportunity to BUFF the decks of GWENT opponents and let us use our hard earned decks to have some amazing games right from the start. Actually, the possibilities are almost endless. You could:

1) add 1-2 Hero cards to every GWENT player in the game or add more card variety
2) buff the AI / decks overall from some of the best players in the game to the low-level players
3) ADD special cards and rewards for beating tough opponents in NG+ or ADD other GWENT-related incentives. For instance, completing NG+ for the first time could reward Geralt with Duny card, or Calanthe card (characters from the books) or anything else you see fitting.

As it stands now you're brushing GWENT under the carpet and making us reacquire the cards all over again.

My Geralt would feel awfully strange in NG+, coming from full decks and all the best cards acquired through HOURS of effort, completely wiped.

Can I kindly request that GWENT gets its due attention in NG+. At the very least, allow us to carry the cards over if you're not able to do anything more.

Thank you

Why is this even an issue? I for one am glad they aren't carried over as it gives me a reason to play all the games again.

What i want to know is :

Will we be able to upgrade are armors and swords even more?
Can we FINALLY upgrade Kaer Morhen armor it just looks to awesome, hell you can even make upgradeable forms of it with the current look ingame the Master Crafted version
Will be be able to get more skill slots?

Why is this even an issue? I for one am glad they aren't carried over as it gives me a reason to play all the games again.
Isn't "not having to play things again" pretty much the point of NG+?
I mean, I would concur that it's a pretty stupid point, but that's what makes it popular, typically.
So I can see why some people could be upset with Gwent cards not carrying over.

I mean, I would concur that it's a pretty stupid point, but that's what makes it popular, typically.

The point of NG+ should be "not having to do the bothersome things again" absolutely yes. Such as collecting all the GWENT cards and all the recipes.
CDPR have decided (wisely) to carry recipes over to avoid the lengty task of collecting them.

Why was the same logic not applied to GWENT?

I wouldn't say the point of a NG+ is not to have to play things again but more to continue where you left off with higher level enemies, loot, harder missions etc. I'm not sure why people would want a NG+ if they don't actually want to play again. Seems pointless. Now I can see why people would want the Gwent cards in this case but its not difficult to get them all in one play through and then you never have to worry about the achievement again. I see the mode as a way of getting even better gear and an extra challenge as everything should be scaled up. Maybe they could have done that with Gwent but is there the cards of it at the moment? Just my opinion though.

Because no alchemy recipes are tied to quest results.

Again... this is a problem because? If you have the item already they can just give you Gold, or nothing at all.. bet nobody that has the cards already cares.

Also some recipes can only be bought from Gremist, who is only available as a merchant, if you do his quest... I dunno if you can get all the recipes as random drops as well, never found them all, before I did that quest. So some designs might very well be tied to quest results.

Do 'quest items' include Witcher armor / weapon sets?

No... Quest items are items that you cannot discard, since they are required to solve a quest... this does not include Quest rewards. There is a tab in the inventory for this afterall...

Last edited:
I hope fast travel points get carried over too. Seriously, I worked hard to explore all those places, would like to be able to go anywhere I feel like now after all those hours.

Top Bottom