Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Who cares about Geralt?"

Philippa is talking out of her ass to try to manipulate Yen, and in the part right after that page is cut off, Philippa says that the reason she won't tell Geralt is that she knows he'll run off and get himself killed trying to avenge her, and that would just make things worse. To say that this passage indicates that Triss wasn't willing to lift a finger to save Geralt's life here is, uh, creative.

What she's really guilty of here is not betrayal, but being Philippa's lackey. On that point, she shows that she is both naive and cowardly. It's not until the events of the Witcher 2 that she finally finds the backbone to confront Philippa, and that's when Cynthia bops her with the shrink ray.

Go watch Baby Please don't go of Muddy Waters.

This was actually quite good. Dont get what it had to do with the topic, but I liked it. Thanks I guess :) !

This reminds me, does Triss have a theme in the Witcher 3? Or some song that plays only with her scenes? The OST... is not complete :( (CDPR...)....

This was actually quite good. Dont get what it had to do with the topic, but I liked it. Thanks I guess :) !

This reminds me, does Triss have a theme in the Witcher 3? Or some song that plays only with her scenes? The OST... is not complete :( (CDPR...)....

It was about the dog thing.

Who knows? Maybe they will decide to do something more great than that, i said maybe.

Is it Triss who says "Who cares about Geralt"? I don't even say there was nothing threatening him atm.

No, Philippa says that. And Triss just goes along with it, even after seeing the lodges true colors. That's not something a friend would do.

Sapkowski did it for a reason. It was part of her character development. A huge betrayal from her conflicting with her own beliefs and making her question things more. She regrets it later but she still did it.

It was about the dog thing.

Who knows? Maybe they will decide to do something more great than that, i said maybe.

Does not fit the dog thing.

Technically, I was asking about themes. Not songs :p
For example Skellige has its own theme... which has singing in it.. damn.. bad example...

And Triss just goes along with it, even after seeing the lodges true colors. That's not something a friend would do.
Did she have to say "No, Philippa, I'm going to aid Yen" and immediately teleport? Not to say that she still suspects Yen of manipulations with elder blood, considering their argument over Geralt, considering it was a straight way to death?
And, I think, even you won't argue now that there is nothing like her willing to sacrifice Geralt for good.

Philippa is talking out of her ass to try to manipulate Yen, and in the part right after that page is cut off, Philippa says that the reason she won't tell Geralt is that she knows he'll run off and get himself killed trying to avenge her, and that would just make things worse. To say that this passage indicates that Triss wasn't willing to lift a finger to save Geralt's life here is, uh, creative.

What she's really guilty of here is not betrayal, but being Philippa's lackey. On that point, she shows that she is both naive and cowardly. It's not until the events of the Witcher 2 that she finally finds the backbone to confront Philippa, and that's when Cynthia bops her with the shrink ray.

The part right after the page is cut off is Triss talking to Crach an Craite trying to learn what happened to Yennefer, and the story of what happens to Yennefer is all that's left of that entire chapter. The cut off point is at the exact end of that section.

There was nothing about telling Geralt anything. She denied Yennefers request to have her name cleared, to let the world know she wasn't an agent of Nilfgaard, which many believed as she disappeared on Thanedd. She refused to do that because it was better for the lodge that if she dies, she dies a traitor in the minds of everybody, Ciri and Geralt included, which made it unlikely that Geralt would try to exact any kind of revenge.

Maybe you've misunderstood something from this book? I'll help you:
Fringilla Vigo was following orders from the Lodge: she seduced Geralt, preventing him from getting out of Toussaint and finding Vilgefortz before them. After that she tried to learn where Vilgefortz resided, and he deceived her.

And he beat Vilgefortz because of the medallion she gave him allowing him to create an illusion that confused him long enough for Geralt to strike the killing blow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom