Sickening scam product

+
Sickening scam product

I have been able to play this albeit with missing some of the cutscenes which freeze. I don't have any lag anywhere, just the cutscene will suddenly freeze even though space-bar to skip is responsive. I've had crashes such as going through the portal (all white nothing happening, wheel spinning) . But these have been tolerable.

However I sprung for another $80 copy for my daughter who we just built a mid range gaming system a few months back that is very similar to mine - she's got AMD 8 core (can't recall which but a recent proc), 16GB, GTX 750Ti (mine in an intel i7 with a GTX 760). Well hers had trouble getting past the very first cutscene. Figured that out with changing the FPS to "unlimited" (why they put in a slider that breaks the game and default it to the game breaking setting I don't know!!). This gave approximately 5 minutes of gaming enjoyment only to have the game crash at the next transition load. Now, yes, I know we need to put lots and lots and lots of time into this - swapping out drivers, changing settings, checking direct x, blah blah blah and all that. But you shouldn't have to for $80 f-ing dollars and having a modern PC with no obscure components.

We're both RPG fans and this is the first foray into the Witcher series. I think it might be the last.

Anyone reading this, my advice is wait until the price comes down since this game is a dice roll whether you will be ripped off or whether you will be able to play the game regardless of how modern and up to date your platform is. The game has been out long enough that if a patch was coming to fix these issues it would have already been here. Reading this forum and google searching you can see it is hit and miss with many not being able to play.

Yeah, this is the basic downfall of PC gaming. If you dont kind of enjoy all the messing with hardware/software and whatnot, it can be a whole lot of pain and frustration.

Not at all unique to this series though.

Well, what the OP is saying has always been good advice. I can clearly remember going off about the same things back in the late 1980's. I believe it was all because of a flight sim failing to start up. Later on, it was the outrageous bugs in Darklands -- that one really got me fired up.

Now...I can't even remember which flight sim it was, and I still play Darklands quite happily to this day. Amazing how things just sort themselves out, given enough time.

Reading this forum and google searching you can see it is hit and miss with many not being able to play.

Wild Hunt sold over 4,000,000 copies within the first two weeks .... and who knows how many since then. Have you conducted a scientific poll where you asked each and every one of those who purchased the title whether or not they encountered a game breaking issue? Didn't think so. Using forums as a barometer for consumer opinion is questionable at best. People generally come to places like these to bitch and vent. The ones who are enjoying the game (I would hazard to say the majority) are off playing it.

It's one thing to say that your daughter is having a difficult experience getting it to run ... it's another to accuse CDPR of unethical conduct and "scamming." My advice? Pick up a console. Much less of a headache. With a PC like that, you're not gaming at 4K anyways.

I feel for you but.. i honestly wouldn't have tried w3 on a 750ti. Actually i advised my friend who's running one to not bother and just get the console version. But he also has a ps4 and judging by the explosion of issues from ps4 maybe that was a little risky too.

I have an AMD FX-6350 6-Core Vishera 3.9Ghz, 8G of Ram, & a GeForce GTX 750TI, & this game runs like a champ on it.

@lukluk999: as the saying goes, if you don't report bugs, don't complain. Good thing you reported a bug, but next time please do it in a calm and constructive manner instead of ranting. The whole point is to fix those bugs, and not to proclaim how broken things are, to the point of making a tantrum.

Last edited:
"f-ing" is foul language is it now? My post contained more 'foul language' than the OP. They're words mate, people use them to convey emotion usually. What are you, five?
As for the content of his post and the responses to it. Yeah, you are a pack of wolves if you can rationally point out that the OP overreacted but instead of trying to do that, you choose to attack him and in one case, bring his parenting into question. Totally uncalled for.

---------- Updated at 11:32 PM ----------

You're right that both response and OP could have been nicer. No argument there.
Bugs in games get us all pretty frustrated - we've all been there. Hence, some empathy would have been well placed and likely well received.

I'm surprised that his graphics card is below minimum specs - I run a 680GTX. I used Nividia program to auto-optimise the game. A lot of settings are at ultra and somehow the game runs smoothly. Don't ask me how but I am rather pleased with how it looks and how it runs. Is it thus not unreasonable for the OP to expect the game to at least run? More is going wrong than just his GPU

You're suprised a GTX 680 isn't below minimum specs but his 750ti is? Then you need to do some research, like he does. Your card wipes the floor with it.

OK. Drop it, all of you. And expect a lot of post deletions in a few minutes.

@lukluk999 - as has been pointed out, although not in the politest way, the problem is most likely NOT the game, but something to do with your daughter's PC. As has also been pointed out, even though the PC is lowish specs, others have been able to play satisfactorily with similar PCs.

If you actually want to do this, please help by providing further detail of the problem:
- Is the game installed on HDD or SSD?
- Have you monitored temperatures and system usage?
- Exactly which versions of the Nvidia drivers have you tried, and are you using any custom profile settings?

You say it freezes. Does it then continue, or hang completely? Any driver reset errors?

So you have a choice, you can write-off the money spent on the game, or you can allow the forum members here to help you solve the problem. Which means you giving more info

I have been able to play this albeit with missing some of the cutscenes which freeze. I don't have any lag anywhere, just the cutscene will suddenly freeze even though space-bar to skip is responsive. I've had crashes such as going through the portal (all white nothing happening, wheel spinning) . But these have been tolerable.

However I sprung for another $80 copy for my daughter who we just built a mid range gaming system a few months back that is very similar to mine - she's got AMD 8 core (can't recall which but a recent proc), 16GB, GTX 750Ti (mine in an intel i7 with a GTX 760). Well hers had trouble getting past the very first cutscene. Figured that out with changing the FPS to "unlimited" (why they put in a slider that breaks the game and default it to the game breaking setting I don't know!!). This gave approximately 5 minutes of gaming enjoyment only to have the game crash at the next transition load. Now, yes, I know we need to put lots and lots and lots of time into this - swapping out drivers, changing settings, checking direct x, blah blah blah and all that. But you shouldn't have to for $80 f-ing dollars and having a modern PC with no obscure components.

We're both RPG fans and this is the first foray into the Witcher series. I think it might be the last.

Anyone reading this, my advice is wait until the price comes down since this game is a dice roll whether you will be ripped off or whether you will be able to play the game regardless of how modern and up to date your platform is. The game has been out long enough that if a patch was coming to fix these issues it would have already been here. Reading this forum and google searching you can see it is hit and miss with many not being able to play.

Try this.

Those freeze in the cutscenes appeared from 1.07. Although my rig is pretty shit (i3-2120 and GTX 580), I didn't have this problem before the last patch.
Actually, I almost didn't have any problem at all.

Top Bottom