New Game+ is coming it seems

+
What's the name of the computer that beat Kasparov at Chess? Deep Blue? Let's have that!

If not, I posted some suggestions previously for rebalancing GWENT in NG+. Again for convenience:

I agree 100%.

My first play through I was really sad to find only the Gwent tournament tested my mettle. Everyone else was a chore even before I completed a single deck.

Make NG+ about high level tactical games, instead of collecting them again like a hamster.

I just wish to keep my gear, skills and level. Wanna start out with the Nilfgaardian Armor Set

I pray for CDPR to release a Japanese language pack for German PS Store so I can start my new game+ anime style :D

Last edited:
The only card I care about losing is villentrettenmirth (or whatever his name exactly is).

Best gwent card ever, but he's a random obtainer... Bah -_-

The brilliance of this card coupled with other schorches, decoys, medics and war horns or weather is just so effing spectacular! So many options to fuck others over!! Bwahahahaha. I always laugh maniacally whenever I draw him :p

thanks for this super game. i had play it three times. i am lucky for the ng +. but when will come new triss romance? sorry for my bad english.

I think I'm more excited about choosing different dialogue sequences then I am about any of the NG+ feature's themselves(legendary armor, Items carrying over, Level carry over). Now that I'm balls deep in the book series, I have a nice grasp on Geralts real subconscious, so making dialogue choices will be more "Geralt like".

The top comment on this story on every social media page is along the lines of:
I want to keep my Gwent cards.

The fans have spoken CDPR.

Don't screw over the NG+ feature out of laziness.

You people are the lazy ones ;) just collect them again, gwent is still pretty easy even without the full decks and collecting them isn´t hard either specially with the online checklists out there. I just hope CDPR adds more ability slots for geralt, 12 feels very limited to a master witcher, that´s something worth asking for. Collecting gwent cards? did it once and will do it again.

I think you just want to find something to nit pick and argue about and that you won't let this go. It isn't your game, you are not the one developing this game. You will take what you get or simply don't play. You didn't HAVE TO pay for this game, you don't HAVE TO play it. If you don't like what they are giving to us then move on. There are plenty of other games out there. However I suspect you're going to stomp your feet around like a little child and say "NO I WANT WHAT I WANT AND I WON'T STOP UNTIL I GET IT." kind of chat.

Wow. I am very confused by this remark.

I love this game and I look forward to doing new game plus. Once I finish the (IMHO) poorly designed headshot achievement I will platinum the game.
When I play NG+ I may skip doing Gwent again because with the current design choices it doesn't really add anything (for me) to the fun of doing new game plus.

I am on a forum on a thread giving feedback about the design of NG+ and I have suggested ideas that offer a compromise between erasing all progress in Gwent from your prior play through (which IMHO kind of defeats the purpose of NG+) and making Gwent interesting and challenging in new ways.

Aside, if you think I am communicating in a childish way, I would like to have you quote that part from my post.

As far as the vendors not being very "interesting or challenging" so what. That's your opinion. There are 3,999,999 more people out there that bought this game that would probably in the majority disagree with you.
It is my opinion and I am interested in hearing others, hence my posting here. I am curious how you know he opinion of 3,999,999 other people so readily? It seems that most of the posting on this subject of the thread are not happy with the current choice of erasing your progress in gwent in NG+. I believe my compromise mitigates that.

If you find repeating the effort of visiting and playing/purchasing from each and every vendor in the game compelling content you could still do that. I suspect a lot of people have not gotten every last card from vendors so they could keep playing vendors and getting more cards even with my suggestion.

Even better would be to give players an extra challenge/reward if they do go out and play random vendors.

You could make an argument that every single quest in this game is not fun by what you're saying. So the question is --->why are you here? Why are you playing this game? Why can't you accept the creators of this games way of doing it? <---- all rhetorical.

It is CDR's game and they have the final say. What is great about this company is they are looking for feedback on their game and they are very good about responding to feedback (example: adding storage containers). You are basically asking me why I I posting feedback on a feedback forum. If you do not understand the reasoning behind that then I am not sure what to say.

You're asking too much for the word "Free" on this. You're asking for an entirely new game FOR FREE. Which you do not deserve. They are for profit not non-profit. Learn what that means.

Exaggeration much?

I am not asking for an entirely new game for free. I am asking for the following (and I am a software engineer FWIW) when you start new game plus

1 instead of removing all cards remove only the ones from quest rewards and leave all others
- if a flag is not already available this can be accomplished by adding a single global array of card identifiers of cards that should be removed

2 compute the power score for each faction of the player's deck for NG+ (when you go into gwent you already see this number) and save it somewhere

• For key gwent quest mobs (especially later ones like the tournament) make a list of additional cards the NPC gets based on (NG+ power score)

• For all other gwent NPCS do the following
- compute the strength of the NPC's deck and compare it to the player's power rating (computed at the start of NG+)
- add 1 or more gold cards to the NPC to bring it to parity with the NG+ power rating.

3 if you want to be fancier, mark world cards that you would get in later areas unavailable until the player visits that zone

Now I don't know the details of their code base but as someone who works on software systems of comparable and likely larger complexity (apps and frameworks for a certain fruity phone and computer company) I will say that this is a modest ask. Item 1 should be a few lines of code added to the method that goes through a character and removes the stuff for NG+ Item 2 is more work and requires some testing.

In summary this suggestion is simpler than other free features like storage space or adding a new tab for books so i don't think it is unreasonable to suggest it here and hope that the dev's like this idea.

---------- Updated at 03:52 PM ----------

You're not losing your collection, you can always load your current game and get them back and play GWent. If you start a new game now, you won't have gwent cards, when I started my DM 2nd playthrough, I had to recollect the gwent cards if I wanted to play gwent. There is no difference here, it's a new game.

IMHO, NG+ is about continuity and enjoying the story again in a twinked state (bask in the spoils of victory). You keep other stuff you buy and craft. Why not keep the cards you bought and won through non quest actions. One of my favorite parts of the game was finishing that Gwent quest. It is the longest and most involved thing in the game and I would like to enjoy my high level gwent deck into NG+ (just like I take my high level geralt into NG+) and experience new challenges for it.

Another way to look at this is that my gwent deck is one of my character's most prized weapons/tools that i wield in certain situations. If I have spend hours and hours building it up and like my result then why should I lose that and not my other weapons and levels in NG+?

I just want to ask CDPR that is NG+ is decided 16th DLC or you guys change the 16th dlc due to NG+ game demand ??

I really thought that Night to Remember Bruxa kill is going to be 16th dlc but I am surprised to see NG+ as a last dlc as NG+ is never there in any previous witcher games.

I am just curious that is really NG+ is the pre planned last dlc or CDPR cancelled the last decided dlc due to NG+ demand or technical problem ???

My guess is the Bruxa contract will show up in the expansions (if it does at all).

Wow. I am very confused by this remark.

I love this game and I look forward to doing new game plus. Once I finish the (IMHO) poorly designed headshot achievement I will platinum the game.
When I play NG+ I may skip doing Gwent again because with the current design choices it doesn't really add anything (for me) to the fun of doing new game plus.

I am on a forum on a thread giving feedback about the design of NG+ and I have suggested ideas that offer a compromise between erasing all progress in Gwent from your prior play through (which IMHO kind of defeats the purpose of NG+) and making Gwent interesting and challenging in new ways.

Aside, if you think I am communicating in a childish way, I would like to have you quote that part from my post.

It is my opinion and I am interested in hearing others, hence my posting here. I am curious how you know he opinion of 3,999,999 other people so readily? It seems that most of the posting on this subject of the thread are not happy with the current choice of erasing your progress in gwent in NG+. I believe my compromise mitigates that.

If you find repeating the effort of visiting and playing/purchasing from each and every vendor in the game compelling content you could still do that. I suspect a lot of people have not gotten every last card from vendors so they could keep playing vendors and getting more cards even with my suggestion.

Even better would be to give players an extra challenge/reward if they do go out and play random vendors.

It is CDR's game and they have the final say. What is great about this company is they are looking for feedback on their game and they are very good about responding to feedback (example: adding storage containers). You are basically asking me why I I posting feedback on a feedback forum. If you do not understand the reasoning behind that then I am not sure what to say.

Exaggeration much?

I am not asking for an entirely new game for free. I am asking for the following (and I am a software engineer FWIW) when you start new game plus

1 instead of removing all cards remove only the ones from quest rewards and leave all others
- if a flag is not already available this can be accomplished by adding a single global array of card identifiers of cards that should be removed

2 compute the power score for each faction of the player's deck for NG+ (when you go into gwent you already see this number) and save it somewhere

• For key gwent quest mobs (especially later ones like the tournament) make a list of additional cards the NPC gets based on (NG+ power score)

• For all other gwent NPCS do the following
- compute the strength of the NPC's deck and compare it to the player's power rating (computed at the start of NG+)
- add 1 or more gold cards to the NPC to bring it to parity with the NG+ power rating.

3 if you want to be fancier, mark world cards that you would get in later areas unavailable until the player visits that zone

Now I don't know the details of their code base but as someone who works on software systems of comparable and likely larger complexity (apps and frameworks for a certain fruity phone and computer company) I will say that this is a modest ask. Item 1 should be a few lines of code added to the method that goes through a character and removes the stuff for NG+ Item 2 is more work and requires some testing.

In summary this suggestion is simpler than other free features like storage space or adding a new tab for books so i don't think it is unreasonable to suggest it here and hope that the dev's like this idea.

you shouldn't be saying IMHO because there is nothing HONEST about what you're saying. You should stick to IMO, because you don't get to decide what is honest and not. Truth is not determined by the individual. And yes you are asking for a new game because of the amount of stuff you are asking for are key things to the entire game. There are several quests that deal with Qwent and nearly all of them have a reward of at least 1 card. In addition CDPR has stated that qwent is not a mini game but a full game within the game itself. SO yes you are asking for an entire new game. And how do I know what the other 3,999,999+ people think, it's easy they aren't posting in your topic seconding you. Most of the forum isn't seconding you. I am getting "thanks" and "red points" what I am saying in certain circumstances.

I asked you the rhetorical questions because you are over-boarding the suggestions. They aren't thoughtful they are selfish designed for you alone. CDPR isn't going to consider such a thing as this because of that fact. Everyone knows, or most of everyone knows that NG+ means a reset of nearly everything. All essentials are always reset when it comes to any quest in game. SO complaining about Qwent on a single player game is redundant and ridiculous because it has no multiplayer value. It would be different if this game had a multiplayer aspect where you could play other people with Gwent. Besides if you have had enough of the game you're going to have to choose between play the game through and see all the little and big stories again, or keep your gwent cards and be done with the game. Just because we have finished the game doesn't mean it will force us into a NG+. They are likely going to make a quest that finishes the game where Geralt rides off into the sunset then we start the new adventure all over again :p. This game is not called, "The Witcher 3: Geralts mighty Gwent card collection adventure." with a secondary title of "get them all before the game makes you go NG+ challenge"

whats the eta for this dlc? I'm aware that they said it won't be released this week but does that mean it will be possibly released next thursday?

About witcher sets.
My only wish is that wolven starting set should be moved from K.Morhen both from new game and from NG+ since you cannot wear it till the very end of the game. And since all other sets gets upgrade in 1.0.7 it logical solution to put that gear in Velen/Novigrad/Skellige.

Keep it up CDPR. If I only have more time

This. Absolutely this.

---------- Updated at 04:21 PM ----------

This is what I've been thinking.

I love Gwent, but if I started with a full pack, then it would only be challenging if my opponents also have a full pack. And if the only thing you could do in the game is play against others with similar decks, with no collecting and no quests, I'd rather it was just a stand-alone game.

You may be able to scale enemies up, but scaling up Gwent to make it challenging in NG+ would be a LOT more work.

Agreed. Wouldn't having a full deck also break a mission for a certain dwarf?

Having a full deck at the start would probably mean that I don't even touch Gwent, the fun of it was the collecting part, chasing down people to add cards to my collection. Once you have a full deck what's the reward in even playing? I don't need more crafting material or 10 crowns.

Last edited:
Hmm, i quess some people will never be truly happy. Personally i've never played Gwent more than once or twice... i suck at all card games. :p

I was really excited when I found out NG+ was confirmed. Then my heart sank shortly afterwards. After all the complaints about Gwent cards CDPR doesn't let Gwent cards carry over? You gotta be *BLEEP* kidding me? WTF is the purpose of NG+ then? Claywhich merchant still not fixed, frame rate in the toilet on PS4, 3 playthroughs and still no Gwent trophy and now this? I *BLEEP* hate Gwent now. Another thing that is unfair is rewarding players with the Death March trophy in NG+. This is a smack in the face for players who actually earned it beforehand. This makes the trophy meaningless now. I have lost all faith in CDPR and am done with them. The Witcher 3 was my favorite game and now I *BLEEP* hate it because of Gwent cards, bugs, and programmers that clearly don't have the technical skill to fix game breaking issues. I had so much respect for CDPR, but that is gone now. It is clear to me they don't give a *BLEEP* about us. Uninstalled The Witcher 3 and will never buy another game from CDPR again.
If your a completionist you can't ignore Gwent, because the developers forced that God Damn shit down our throats. 4+1 = 5 trophies are Gwent related if you count the Platinum. Quests revolve around Gwent throughout the entire freaking game. You may be being sarcastic, but I'm only being honest. The story and other aspects of the game are tainted because Gwent is intertwined and woven into them throughout. You can argue Gwent is optional, but not for those wanting 100%. Gwent should have NEVER been incorporated into any quests. Instead it should have simply been a casual thing to do when visiting taverns etc... Don't blame me for bitching, blame the devs for making Gwent so much a part of The Witcher 3. Fuck Gwent!
I'm an achievement hunter with 140,000 Gamerscore, 96% completion, and I don't play games for Easy points (like kiddie games, sports games, etc.). You say a couple things in this post that don't make sense.

If a player gets an achievement/trophy for beating Death March in New Game +, it isn't a smack in the face for those of us who earned it on our first playthrough. You can look at somone's Garmercard and see the date/timestamps and deduce immediately if they got Death March on their first playthrough. On top of that, what others do in their game has no effect on what I do in mine. My accomplishment is not diminished because someone found an easier way to do it.

I agree that tying Gwent into the achievements/trophies was a poor design choice--until I played the game for a few hours, got the hang of it, and got some good cards. And once that happened, I realized the achievement was great, because it introduced me to this card game and kept pushing me forward. Once I got Geralt, Ciri, Yen, Villentretenmerth, the Mysterious Elf, etc, I started pounding opponents and learning new strategies. I learned when to bait and switch, when to obliterate, when to Decoy. I really enjoyed it and am happy the achievement was put in the game. And as an achievement hunter, I knew the score before I put the game in my Xbox. I knew what I was signing up for to get 1k/1k, and it took 180 hours.

My Gamercard can be viewed at www dot trueachievements dot com/Frankie+Godskin.htm. What's your PSN name?

Top Bottom