So how do you think Avallac really feels about Ciri?

+
Another interesting line occurs in On Thin Ice.

After calling her Child of the Elder Blood, Zireal (note the elven form), and finally (the formal) Cirilla, Avallach uses the affectionate diminutive Ciri. This is a lapse of formality, a great loss to his pride, and an admittance of familiarity. It brings a smile to Ciri's face, and he stares at the dock for moments after.

Of course, you could argue that he believed that it would get her attention, and the reaction afterwards was contemplation of things-to-come, but given the context, called under-breath, the human, affectionate form... There are traditional ways of an insufferable git declaring his love for a lower-class broad. Consult your Austen.

The fact that Cirilla and he conspired, and withheld it from Geralt, really says more about Ciri than Avallach. Savior of his world, and all... The cutscene also stays on Geralt when she disappears into the tower.

Since the story is about Geralt, and Avallach is a right-pain-in-his-side, ("you wouldn't let me in within a hundred feet of her") it isn't exactly surprising he disappears from the conclusion. But you know, afterwards, it would be telling if he returned to her.

Maybe he turns out to be her child's father since the prophesy does say Ciri has a kid.

It's either him, Voorhis, or Hjalmar. Taking bets.

Please don't say Eskel.

Another interesting line occurs in On Thin Ice.

After calling her Child of the Elder Blood, Zireal (note the elven form), and finally (the formal) Cirilla, Avallach uses the affectionate diminutive Ciri. This is a lapse of formality, a great loss to his pride, and an admittance of familiarity. It brings a smile to Ciri's face, and he stares at the dock for moments after.

I always thought she smiled because he let her go.. Avallac'h kept her away from the battle, so they could run incase something goes wrong. I think he realises, even if he did knock her out and teleport her away (though I am not sure she would fall for that one again) if Geralt dies he would loose her. So he has no choice but to let her go, even if that means risking everything. He puts his trust in her, and I think that made her smile.

His expression after she leaves is very interesting though. He shows quite a lot of emotion for someone so cold and aloof. Its one of the things that makes me believe he does care for her in some way.
He looks kinda sad:

Oh Good God, not Hjalmar! Lol why Eskel, every time I saw his face I swear he was turning into a troll.

Although Voorhis turned out to be a cool guy, I don't see Ciri touching that with a ten foot pole. I'm throwing my money on the ancient elf though we'll see.
I got the Empress ending for Ciri and although I feel eventually Ciri will need to take that role, I think my favorite ending is her becoming a Witcher. /shrug

---------- Updated at 01:20 PM ----------

I always thought she smiled because he let her go.. Avallac'h kept her away from the battle, so they could run incase something goes wrong. I think he realises, even if he did knock her out and teleport her away (though I am not sure she would fall for that one again) if Geralt dies he would loose her. So he has no choice but to let her go, even if that means risking everything. He puts his trust in her, and I think that made her smile.

His expression after she leaves is very interesting though. He shows quite a lot of emotion for someone so cold and aloof. Its one of the things that makes me believe he does care for her in some way.
He looks kinda sad:
[Sad mopey ancient elf gif]

Oh God please the feels!!! I noticed that too! :C This and the way he says it's "the fiery elder blood in her" when she runs off the tent, I thought i was going to get an option from Geralt to say something like "Ok I can clearly see you wanna bang!" lol "No."

So many things, I'm actually surprised people didn't put 2 and 2 together.

Oh God please the feels!!! I noticed that too! :C This and the way he says it's "the fiery elder blood in her" when she runs off the tent, I thought i was going to get an option from Geralt to say something like "Ok I can clearly see you wanna bang!" lol "No."

So many things, I'm actually surprised people didn't put 2 and 2 together.

I agree, thhere is definitely a lot of subtle hints in the game. I also like the way he says "Zireal" when he is trying to make her swear she will stay on shore.

---------- Updated at 01:42 PM ----------

Well, does he really love Ciri or Lara Dorren instead?

He definitely loved Lara, no doubt about that. But I dont think that prevents him from feeling something for Ciri too. Its delishiously ambiguous, thats why I like it. Also he is such a snob, the idea he has some conflicting feelings for Ciri is fun to contemplate.

Well, does he really love Ciri or Lara Dorren instead?

I think both. In the sketches in his room, it was almost like he was sketching Lara but then there was more Ciri there. I forget who it was, Yen?, but she says that's definitely Ciri on his secret sketches (also the fact he was looking at human sensual sketches also tells me, he was coming to terms with whether he would or wouldn't with Ciri lol).

I think both. In the sketches in his room, it was almost like he was sketching Lara but then there was more Ciri there. I forget who it was, Yen?, but she says that's definitely Ciri on his secret sketches (also the fact he was looking at human sensual sketches also tells me, he was coming to terms with whether he would or wouldn't with Ciri lol).

It is funny I think Avallac'h is at a cross roads . I forgot about the looks ....but that may also explain why his reply to Geralt seemed rather laced with anger when he said do you think yours is the only race to do such and such in time and space ...Avallach was having problems falling for a woman from a race he despised . That and the student / teacher bond pride in her opened him up to the other feelings .

The thing about Avallac’h is that even if he despises the entire human race, he’s never despised Ciri herself.
That fact is noticeable even in the books e.g. after a violent conversation they have he forgives and even hugs her! She is always his Zireael, the symbol of elven Hope. I know that most ppl think that Avallac’h is a prick but I think that even in “Lady of the Lake” his unconventional means and actions were to protect her. Although he could have taken the girl straight to his lab, instead he tried to wed her to the kind-minded Aen Elle King to protect her from the opposing faction! That resulted to Auberon’s death.

In the “Tower of the Swallow” Avallac’h says to Geralt that the sorcerers who were experimenting with the descendants of Lara and Riannon, did not get their desired results and abandoned the experiment. But when Ciri’s parents came together the experiment continued, spontaneously and Ciri was conceived! Vilgefortz and Emhyr both knew of this!

According to his words “The mill of predestination works, grinding the grain of fate… You cannot change what is to happen”.
At that same passage he also tells Geralt “…Someone else will help her now. I hope you are not so arrogant to think that this girl is only associated with your destiny.” Obviously that someone else whose destiny is also intertwined with Cirilla’s, is Avallac’h himself.

Thus, it is not a strange thing that in the game him and Ciri are together, hiding from the Wild Hunt and helping each other. Probably he’s followed her after she jumped from the Aen Elle world and spent a large amount of time together (6-7 years? ) teaching and mentoring her. Seven years are a hell of a lot time for Avallac’h and Ciri to get to know each other and even fall in love. Of all this time we know almost nothing about. We understand that she really likes him (she even calls him “our dearest sage” after the snowball fight) and that he really cares about her (risking even his life to protect her).

Now, there is a pattern here. In the game we visit Avallach’s lab and learn about his experiments with the Elder Blood excluding the entire human line. All these experiments failed. But according to the poisonous insinuations of his elven mistress, Avallac’h will not abandon the task. He will resort to natural selection and will have Cirilla conceive his child. It is him who carries the activator for the Lara genes after all.

Avallac’h is about 400 years old (?), but the presence of his lover suggests that he still is sexual active. (He is not like Auberon overcome by his years and sexually indifferent.) In “The Tower of the Swallow” he says to Geralt that the biggest drawback of longevity is sex as it becomes boring after the first 100 years! We find him studying those sensual magazines expressing an interest in human sexual preferences and habits either in an attempt to spice up his own sexual life or wanting to know how to please a human girl. i.e. his Zireael. Most likely both!

(I’m glad that at last someone else noticed that part and were able to follow the dots…)

It is even possible that Ciri is well aware of this plan and has agreed to it same way she agreed in the book. She seems fascinated when she sees her entire genealogical tree in his office. It is not that part that affects her. It is the over-jealous she-elf in his bedroom calling her a disgusting degenerate half-breed whom Avallac’h hates but has to work with that leads to her breakdown.

That she-elf herself seems to be very much hurt, however. Avallac’h sees so much of Lara in Ciri. Ciri does not only possess Lara’s eyes, but also her fiery spirit, her ideas and idealism. Taking into account the portraits of Ciri without the scar and the fact that he was healing her scar, Avallac’h’s taken by storm.
There is even a dialogue with Geralt on the ship where Avallac’h admits that Lara Dorren is dead and that he only cares about Ciri, completing her task and surviving it. So, they must have plans for after defeating the WF. Plans they don’t reveal to Geralt.

With Ciri becoming an Empress and Avallac’h King of the Aen Elle, they might be able to further their plan.
The offspring would be a human-elf elder blood half-link heir of both the Aen Elle and Niffguardian thrones! Ruler of two different worlds!

Wow that was a long post:) I agree with a lot of of what you say here.

Thats true he does hug her, I always wondered if he realised he went a bit to far when he "choked" her. After all she was only 15 (?), and facing a very difficult task. Cant blame her for being impatient, wanting to get it over with. He is so much older and should have known better really. Even if he did loose his temper.

Thus, it is not a strange thing that in the game him and Ciri are together, hiding from the Wild Hunt and helping each other. Probably he’s followed her after she jumped from the Aen Elle world and spent a large amount of time together (6-7 years? ) teaching and mentoring her. Seven years are a hell of a lot time for Avallac’h and Ciri to get to know each other and even fall in love. Of all this time we know almost nothing about. We understand that she really likes him (she even calls him “our dearest sage” after the snowball fight) and that he really cares about her (risking even his life to protect her).

I agree, think them travelling together made Ciri more real to him as a person, not just an elder blood vessel, or mother to one. I am quite curious in how long they travelled together.
I dont know if I would call it love, but there definitely an attraction going on there. Many think Avallac'h is just an arse, but he does actually risk everything even his own life. Yes he is trying to stop the white frost, but he is not forcing Ciri. If she had just said no and left, i dont think Avallac'h would have been welcome back to his own people again (for the little time they have remaning). He essentially makes himself a traitor, killing his own people to protect her.

Avallac’h is about 400 years old (?), but the presence of his lover suggests that he still is sexual active. (He is not like Auberon overcome by his years and sexually indifferent.) In “The Tower of the Swallow” he says to Geralt that the biggest drawback of longevity is sex as it becomes boring after the first 100 years! We find him studying those sensual magazines expressing an interest in human sexual preferences and habits either in an attempt to spice up his own sexual life or wanting to know how to please a human girl. i.e. his Zireael. Most likely both!

I had to laugh when Geralt walks in, and Avallac'h is looking at naughty pictures. I remembered his rant about sex being boring from the books. So why the sudden fascination now? My bet is a sexual attraction to Ciri.

That she-elf herself seems to be very much hurt, however. Avallac’h sees so much of Lara in Ciri. Ciri does not only possess Lara’s eyes, but also her fiery spirit, her ideas and idealism. Taking into account the portraits of Ciri without the scar and the fact that he was healing her scar, Avallac’h’s taken by storm.
There is even a dialogue with Geralt on the ship where Avallac’h admits that Lara Dorren is dead and that he only cares about Ciri, completing her task and surviving it. So, they must have plans for after defeating the WF. Plans they don’t reveal to Geralt.

She is definitely jealous, one could argue that its because Avallac'h spends so much time away with Ciri, but they are elves, whats a few months even years to them? And Avallac'h did draw several pictures of Ciri in the lab his lover lives in, tsk tsk. I can imagine she was not pleased about that.
I also noticed the emphasis on her surviving, showing he wants her for more than just defeating the white frost.

Did anyone else notice Ciri's reaction when Avallac'h offers her the sunstone, saying its an ancient love letter? She actually jumps away a bit from him. Interesting reaction...
I just love how much story CD projects tells with body language, facial expressions and by leaving little clues that can be interpreted in many ways.

It is funny I think Avallac'h is at a cross roads . I forgot about the looks ....but that may also explain why his reply to Geralt seemed rather laced with anger when he said do you think yours is the only race to do such and such in time and space ...Avallach was having problems falling for a woman from a race he despised . That and the student / teacher bond pride in her opened him up to the other feelings .

Yep, yep. I agree wholeheartedly. That's why he has such a sour look all the time. Avallac'h is giving me some strong Mr. Darcy vibes! lol
The fact she's a human and that she can be so hard-headed in combination with the fact that she carries Elder Blood is just too much drama for him me thinks.
I wish they had expanded on their story a bit more. I would have liked to see the times they were traveling together for instance. I like how ambiguous it is but they wouldn't have bothered throwing so many hints if it wasn't important.

---------- Updated at 04:51 AM ----------

With Ciri becoming an Empress and Avallac’h King of the Aen Elle, they might be able to further their plan.
The offspring would be a human-elf elder blood half-link heir of both the Aen Elle and Niffguardian thrones! Ruler of two different worlds!

Can I say I love your post and I hope you're right because my ending was the Empress one and although I feel it's really sad for Ciri and Geralt, maybe it might be better for Ciri in the long run? I don't know. I'm fascinated by the possibilities between them two!!!!

---------- Updated at 04:54 AM ----------

Did anyone else notice Ciri's reaction when Avallac'h offers her the sunstone, saying its an ancient love letter? She actually jumps away a bit from him. Interesting reaction...
I just love how much story CD projects tells with body language, facial expressions and by leaving little clues that can be interpreted in many ways.

Being the silly person that I am, I thought when he mentioned the love letter and gave her the sunstone, I was expecting something to happen there between them LOL.

Ciri my girl, you and I had the same thought! Though I think the way he said might have been intentional~

Thats true he does hug her, I always wondered if he realised he went a bit to far when he "choked" her. After all she was only 15 (?), and facing a very difficult task. Cant blame her for being impatient, wanting to get it over with. He is so much older and should have known better really. Even if he did loose his temper.

Back then, Ciri was terribly foul-mouthed with the Aen Elle elves and made even Avallac'h to lose his temper, even if it was only for an instance. Let's say she put a knife in his wound. I believe that both Auberon and Avallac'h were well aware of the fact that she was very young and she has been through a lot. They wanted to be patient with her. Actually he never asked of her to fulfill her task immediately. He kept saying they had plenty of time. She was asked to accept to do it and stay with them, and it was up to her to decide when the time was right for her to do it.

The girl was in a hurry because Geralt and Yen were in grave danger and she wanted to save them.

I dont think Avallac'h would have been welcome back to his own people again (for the little time they have remaning). He essentially makes himself a traitor, killing his own people to protect her.

Avallac’h is not a traitor to his people. We know from game and books that there were two factions among the Aen Elle. One that wanted to purge all humans and free the Aen Seidhe (which Eredin and his followers represent) and one that wanted everyone, even humans, to be saved and live together in peace (which Auberon and Avallac’h represent). These two factions oppose each other and this is why Avallac’h turns against Eredin.

However, if you have noticed Avallac’h does not kill any of the Aen Elle in game. He does not kill anyone at all to be honest. He resorts to diplomatic means (see Ge’els). It is Geralt who kills all three Imlerith, Caranthir and Eredin.

Sometimes I wonder… Was Avallac’h training and mentoring Lara Dorren as well? If yes, then it is possible that the actual source of Lara’s radical ideas is not the rebellious nature of her Elder Blood but Avallac’h himself! Elder blood is simply the means to these ideas to come in life. These same ideas are also expressed by Ciri who’s mentor (what a coincidence) is Avallac’h, again. (Remember Geralt saying before she enters the gate at the tower “It’s those Avallac’h’s bullshit poisoning your mind”).

True and cannot explain it so it’s been bothering me for some time. Ciri was already familiar with the Sunstone. While on the ship Avallac’h explained to everyone what the Sunstone is and even told the story of Gilbane of the White Fleet and his lost love (notice again how his voice changes when he tells that story. Avallac’h has a hidden romantic part), so why is Cirilla so surprised about the love letter?

Perhaps her reaction has to do with Eredin and not Avallac’h. This is what she implies immediately after “I never thought I would say such a thing to Eredin.

I hope you're right because my ending was the Empress one and although I feel it's really sad for Ciri and Geralt, maybe it might be better for Ciri in the long run? I don't know. I'm fascinated by the possibilities between them two!!!!

The Sunstone was Ge’el’s idea and not Avallac’h’s. However, just like you I, too was expecting much to happen. Did you notice the moment when she says “I give you my Heart? What kind of spell is this?” she actually casts only half the spell. There is a sound and Avallac’h does something. Not sure if something really happened there.

BTW, I love how soft their voices become around those scenes and when she casts the spell (in the English version). Almost like whispers…

These are just some ideas, concluded by the so many subtle hints in-game and books. They could be on the right path or they could be totally wrong. The truth is only CDPR know where they intend to go with their story, that is if there is going to be another game with Ciri as the main protagonist.

About the Empress ending, it is Ciri who says to Geralt that although she does not like that option, it is the only one she has if she wants to be able to do something good! (What does she plan to do? )

There is yet another hint in that dialogue, when Geralt asks her whose idea it was for Ciri to become Empress. Ciri does not reveal whose idea it was but she says that Yennifer had nothing to do about it.

We know that Philippa wanted Ciri to become Empress so that she becomes her royal advisor but I don’t believe Ciri would ever permit Philippa become her mentor. In short, since it is not Geralt, it’s not Yen, Philippa and Emhyr are out of the question, the only other person who could influence Ciri at such a level of decision is Avallac’h himself.

Last edited:
There is yet another hint in that dialogue, when Geralt asks her whose idea it was for Ciri to become Empress. Ciri does not reveal whose idea it was but she says that Yennifer had nothing to do about it.
Ciri could have just said that, so Geralt won't be angry with Yennefer.Or Yennefer did it rather subtle and just didn't say directly that Ciri should be the next empress, so technically it wouldn't have been a lie.
I'm writing this because there is a interesting conversation between Yen and Ciri, I found a few days ago.

Yennefer: Perhaps you should talk to him after all.
Ciri: What would be the point? Surely none now.
Yennefer: And later? Don't count your father out just because he's the world's richest and most powerful-----
Ciri:.... authoritarian rotter unworthy of even one inch of trust?
Yennefer: Actually, of all people, I believe you can trust him, perhaps you even should.
Ciri: What about the dictatorial rotter part?
Yennefer: Something to get used to.

Yennefer heavily pushes Ciri towards her meeting with the emperor and she must know what emhyr want's from her. I don't need to say that her behavior is very questionable as Yennefer should know that Ciri doesn't want to become empress and that it won't make her happy.
This could also explain the conversation between Geralt and Ciri outside of Novigrad:

Ciri: Really? Eredin is hardly alone. They are others. They have plans for me. It was the sorceress of the lodge ones, now it's my father, even Yennefer....
Geralt: You are forgetting Avallac'h.
Ciri: Avallac'h is different. [.....] And I'm certain whatever it is he'll give me a choice. I will have the option to refuse .

What plans could Yennefer have with Ciri? Imo Ciri becoming the new empress of Nilfgaard is the only logical explanation and Ciri probably suspects it at this point.I think Yennefer and Emhry made a deal, that she will bring Ciri to him in exchange for his help to find her. (this could also explain Phillipa saying to Geralt that she doesn't want that Yennefer becomes the advisor of the "new empress") That would happen in the empress ending. In the witcheress ending Geralt just cheats them by telling that Ciri is dead and in the "bad ending" Ciri is obviosuly dead/missing.
On a sidenote. It's interesting that Ciri puts Yennefer in one line with the lodge and emhry, although she lessens it a bit with the word "even".
Though she seems to trust Avallac'h most, since she thinks he is the only person who won't force her to anything. (aside from Geralt of course, but that doesn't need to be mentioned)

Last edited:
Avallac’h is not a traitor to his people. We know from game and books that there were two factions among the Aen Elle. One that wanted to purge all humans and free the Aen Seidhe (which Eredin and his followers represent) and one that wanted everyone, even humans, to be saved and live together in peace (which Auberon and Avallac’h represent). These two factions oppose each other and this is why Avallac’h turns against Eredin.

I always thought it was hinted that he lied to Ciri about saving the humans as well. After all didn't he help Eredin kill the humans on the Aen elle world? At least that's what the unicorns claim. I need to look some of this up in the books, been a while since I read them. I never got the feeling Avallac'h was one of the once advocating peace between humans and elves.

However, if you have noticed Avallac’h does not kill any of the Aen Elle in game. He does not kill anyone at all to be honest. He resorts to diplomatic means (see Ge’els). It is Geralt who kills all three Imlerith, Caranthir and Eredin.

He does though, he is the one that levels the forest on Skellige, I am pretty sure some died from that powerful blast. And he literally immolated one of the wild hunt soldiers. I do think he tries to avoid conflict, but when it comes down to it he will kill to protect her. He even says to Geralt that she has to be kept from Eredin at all cost.

As for his relationship with Lara, I have always been curious about that, how much older is he than her, was he her teacher, where they actually lovers and she left him for Cragan. Or was he just in love with her, and they where never together at all. So many questions

True and cannot explain it so it’s been bothering me for some time. Ciri was already familiar with the Sunstone. While on the ship Avallac’h explained to everyone what the Sunstone is and even told the story of Gilbane of the White Fleet and his lost love (notice again how his voice changes when he tells that story. Avallac’h has a hidden romantic part), so why is Cirilla so surprised about the love letter?

I always get the feeling he is talking about himself when he mentions a broken heart, he really is a bit of a romantic.
Its a bit strange, and why does Ciri need to do any part of the spell? I never understood that, is the elder blood needed to activate it? Could Avallac'h not just do it himself, maybe I missed something there.

BTW, I love how soft their voices become around those scenes and when she casts the spell (in the English version). Almost like whispers…

Me too. I do love the interaction between them in that quest.

Last edited:

on a more serious note though, i especially got the feeling in the books that Avallach is one sick bastard, but seeing as the entire plotline of making Ciri pregnant is dropped in the game i honestly dont know what to make of him :/

on a more serious note though, i especially got the feeling in the books that Avallach is one sick bastard, but seeing as the entire plotline of making Ciri pregnant is dropped in the game i honestly dont know what to make of him :/

Ciri is not pregnant. The endings wouldn't make any sense otherwise. In the empress ending a few months pass until Ciri leaves Geralt to go to Nilfgaard. In the witcher ending she is with him for months. Only the bad ending could include the possibility of Ciri being pregnant.

I really don't get why you all think she must be pregnant just because of a witcher short story, espacially because CDP doesn't hesitate to change lore if they want to.

Ciri is not pregnant. The endings wouldn't make any sense otherwise. In the empress ending a few months pass until Ciri leaves Geralt to go to Nilfgaard. In the witcher ending she is with him for months. Only the bad ending could include the possibility of Ciri being pregnant.

I really don't get why you all think she must be pregnant just because of a witcher short story, espacially because CDP doesn't hesitate to change lore if they want to.
Read what i wrote again.

In the books, the only reason Avallac'h and his ilk are interested in Ciri is to impregnate her as she is the carrier of the Lara Dorren gene, they don't actually care about Ciri, they merely want her offspring.

This is major plot point in the books, which is completely gone in the games which obviously creates a massive rift between them.
I can't determine what i think of Avallac'h since my entire perception of him was formed around the books and seeing as the games are sequels to the books but completely ignore this, i just feel apathetic, due to the inconsistency of it all i just don't care about him, and i wouldn't be suprised if other book readers felt the same.

I also think it's completely absurd that they dropped such an important plotline, for some reason Ciri is suddenly The Chosen one meant to stop Tedd Deireadh, but i read 7 books that does not mention this at all.

Last edited:
I always thought it was hinted that he lied to Ciri about saving the humans as well. After all didn't he help Eredin kill the humans on the Aen elle world? At least that's what the unicorns claim. I need to look some of this up in the books, been a while since I read them. I never got the feeling Avallac'h was one of the once advocating peace between humans and elves.

First time I read the book I was left with the worst opinion of him just like everyone else. I was very confused after finishing the game, so I went back to the books to find the missing answers. Unfortunately in the books he is a rather undeveloped character like all of the Aen Elle, but when the hints from books and game are put together, personally I started seeing everything from a different scope.
So yes, this is what the unicorns said, without any more details unfortunately. But Avallac'h said to Ciri that they planned to evacuate everyone, even the humans. It is up to you to believe him or not. Keeping in mind that he was calling Caranthir a criminal, this time personally I chose to believe him (it mind sound too far -fetched but I have even decided that he's never lied to Ciri about anything!).

He does though, he is the one that levels the forest on Skellige, I am pretty sure some died from that powerful blast. And he literally immolated one of the wild hunt soldiers. I do think he tries to avoid conflict, but when it comes down to it he will kill to protect her. He even says to Geralt that she has to be kept from Eredin at all cost.

Yes. Perhaps there were some innocent victims there (a wild hunt soldier is not an innocent victim). I didn't think about it. So just imagine what immense power he has. He is avoiding to use it because he can purge entire worlds! Probably he used his power in the past and this is what the unicorns were referring to. We don't know what the circumstances were. Perhaps he was force to. Perhaps he was a younger elf with different minds. Perhaps he didn't mean to but couldn't control his power so it was an accident. Unfortunately we cannot know. BTW, Yen said there were unicorns drawn by the power in the forest area.

There is another think. Eredin does not want to kill him so he uses the curse to incapacitate him.

why does Ciri need to do any part of the spell? I never understood that, is the elder blood needed to activate it? Could Avallac'h not just do it himself, maybe I missed something there.

Avallac'h said that he is the only one who knows how to use the sunstone so they would do it either his way or not at all! But I thought that this is because the Sunstone was supposed to be used by a woman calling upon her lover, so only a female could cast the spell.

Yennefer heavily pushes Ciri towards her meeting with the emperor and she must know what emhyr want's from her. I don't need to say that her behavior is very questionable as Yennefer should know that Ciri doesn't want to become empress and that it won't make her happy.

Thank you. I have completely forgotten about that dialog.

According to his words “The mill of predestination works, grinding the grain of fate… You cannot change what is to happen”.
At that same passage he also tells Geralt “…Someone else will help her now. I hope you are not so arrogant to think that this girl is only associated with your destiny.” Obviously that someone else whose destiny is also intertwined with Cirilla’s, is Avallac’h himself.

Or Aubereon, as he should be the father of Ciri's child. Or just that he is the one to help her fullfilling the prophecy. I think you're seeing "signs for love/attraction" (?) where none are.

I'm really curious to know how long they were travelling together. In the books it seemed she would stay for a longer time in Galahad's world. In the game she tells Geralt that she even stayed for over six months in the Cyberpunk world. So this time (six months) must be the longest one they spent in a single world. The other visits must be shorter. Either they were travelling for ~six years from world to world, only staying there for a for a few days/weeks/under six months or in the beginning she way e.g. a long time in Galahad's world. As the Wild Hunt isn't able to travel to all worlds and Avallac'h needs portals to travel it could take quite a while until he (and the Wild Hunt) found her.
I don't think they necessarily have to be travelling for all the six/seven years. Even two or three would be a long time together.

A relationship is more about than just having sex, you know. ;)
This is just another plot hole. According to the books he is not interessted in having sex. I actually do think it's still possible for him having sex, but way less frequently. Also this place was a lab, not a love nest and I doubt the girl was just his f*ck bunny. ^^
If I remember correctly there were only two sketches of naked women which were an advertisement for the brothel (before Dandelion moved in). Plus, I don't see how looking at pictures of naked women can help understanding how to please women? Did you try it and it worked? :p

It is even possible that Ciri is well aware of this plan and has agreed to it same way she agreed in the book. She seems fascinated when she sees her entire genealogical tree in his office. It is not that part that affects her. It is the over-jealous she-elf in his bedroom calling her a disgusting degenerate half-breed whom Avallac’h hates but has to work with that leads to her breakdown.

You can call it "fascinated" ... or "shocked". Ciri was never happy with her heritage and seeing what kind of huge study and experiment it is about her, I think she is "fascinated", but not really in a positive way.

I don't know, but "falling in love with a human and kind of decline her powers/importance" (what Lara did) is not what Aen Elle would call "idealistic". At least, that's what I think. It was a shock for the elves that Lara decided that way. (It would be interesting to know if they already knew about the threat of the White Frost back then). Still the game lacks further explanation why and how Ciri is so idealistic now.
Do you really think the only reason why he want Ciri to survive all this is because he/they have "plans"?

Yeah, Morvran, Emhyr and the nilfgaardian aristocrats will be definitely pleased having an elven emperor.
Sorry, I don't buy this is the "plan". Not at all, actually. You trying to construate a "big, epic love story". That's just a bit a lot) too much. ^^

Back then, Ciri was terribly foul-mouthed with the Aen Elle elves and made even Avallac'h to lose his temper, even if it was only for an instance. Let's say she put a knife in his wound. I believe that both Auberon and Avallac'h were well aware of the fact that she was very young and she has been through a lot. They wanted to be patient with her. Actually he never asked of her to fulfill her task immediately. He kept saying they had plenty of time. She was asked to accept to do it and stay with them, and it was up to her to decide when the time was right for her to do it.

Still, it was a forced siring. Although Avallac'h always said she has a free will it was like "You don't have to do it. But there is a barrier around the city that you can't escape and I won't show you how to flee using your powers. If you sleep with Aubereon, you can leave then after the birth of the child."

Sometimes I wonder… Was Avallac’h training and mentoring Lara Dorren as well? If yes, then it is possible that the actual source of Lara’s radical ideas is not the rebellious nature of her Elder Blood but Avallac’h himself! Elder blood is simply the means to these ideas to come in life. These same ideas are also expressed by Ciri who’s mentor (what a coincidence) is Avallac’h, again. (Remember Geralt saying before she enters the gate at the tower “It’s those Avallac’h’s bullshit poisoning your mind”).

I don't know how it was with Lara, but we have Caranthir now. Did you notive how sad and disappointed Avallac'h was when he was speaking about Caranthir? He was actually Ciri 2.0 and Avallac'h seemed to really feel for that what happened (Caranthir becoming a criminal etc.). And you wouldn't assume he was in love with Caranthir, would you?
I can very well imagine that there is a similar relationship between Avallac'h and Ciri. You must remember that the Aen Elle actually do hate and despice the human race. Avallac'h even makes fun of them e.g. when drawing purple cows in the cave in the books. It's quite a big step for him of "hating humans" to "really care for a human" (Ciri). This doesn't necessarily mean he fell in love with her or is sexually attracted to her. In the beginning Ciri was just a tool to defeat the white frost and if she died (or sth. else happened to her) he would be sad because of loosing the tool to deafeat the white frost. In consequence of travelling with her for a long time and getting to know her well, his feelings for her changed from seeing her as a tool to seeing her as a (human) person he cares (a lot) for and if she died (etc.) he would be sad because of loosing a person he likes (or maybe even loves), not only a tool.
Even if you look it that way it still would be a 180° change of his mind.

About the Empress ending, it is Ciri who says to Geralt that although she does not like that option, it is the only one she has if she wants to be able to do something good! (What does she plan to do? )

Her plan is to improve people's life (e.g. not suffering from hunger etc.). There are even dialogues that emphasize that. The other possibility would be being a witcher. She realised she can do more good for people if she is an empress not a witcher.
No, her plan is not to have a child with Avallac'h that will rule over two different worlds and all races will live happily ever after (though improving co-existence is probably a goal of her, indeed).

We know that Philippa wanted Ciri to become Empress so that she becomes her royal advisor but I don’t believe Ciri would ever permit Philippa become her mentor. In short, since it is not Geralt, it’s not Yen, Philippa and Emhyr are out of the question, the only other person who could influence Ciri at such a level of decision is Avallac’h himself.

For what reason he should do this?
It is already a huge step for Avallac'h to not to hate and despise human race as a whole, but to really care for the human race ... that's just completely out of character.

That's what I immediately thought as well. There is even told that elves have left the world and humans not. I think he just said it to persuade Ciri to do this.
There's no reason why Avallac'h should feel different from other elves concerning their view of humans.
[/QUOTE]

Read what i wrote again.

In the books, the only reason Avallac'h and his ilk are interested in Ciri is to impregnate her as she is the carrier of the Lara Dorren gene, they don't actually care about Ciri, they merely want her offspring.

This is major plot point in the books, which is completely gone in the games which obviously creates a massive rift between them.
I can't determine what i think of Avallac'h since my entire perception of him was formed around the books and seeing as the games are sequels to the books but completely ignore this, i just feel apathetic, due to the inconsistency of it all i just don't care about him, and i wouldn't be suprised if other book readers felt the same.

I also think it's completely absurd that they dropped such an important plotline, for some reason Ciri is suddenly The Chosen one meant to stop Tedd Deireadh, but i read 7 books that does not mention this at all.

OK, I really misunderstood your post. I thought you would assume Ciri is pregnant in the game etc.

I'm totally with you in this point. The game lacks explanation why and how characters changed their minds etc.
In fact the things in Aen Elles' world happened, are mentioned in the game (or at least there are hints), but it seemed all forgot about this in the end.

Yes. Perhaps there were some innocent victims there (a wild hunt soldier is not an innocent victim). I didn't think about it. So just imagine what immense power he has. He is avoiding to use it because he can purge entire worlds! Probably he used his power in the past and this is what the unicorns were referring to. We don't know what the circumstances were. Perhaps he was force to. Perhaps he was a younger elf with different minds. Perhaps he didn't mean to but couldn't control his power so it was an accident. Unfortunately we cannot know. BTW, Yen said there were unicorns drawn by the power in the forest area.

You're trying to make him a "real good guy" or a saint who hasn't done any bad things, just to make him more likeable for the "love story". You really seem to forget that he is an Aen Elle and they all hate humans and think they are the best race. Maybe he changed his opinion now, but I don't see why you should assume such reasons.

Don't get me wrong. I think this is an interesting topic and discussion. There is definitely something going on in Avallac'h's mind, but there a lot of "maybes" and questionmarks in your theories. It's fun discussing about it, though.

I don't like Avallach or his kind.
He is a self righteous weasel that I'll never trust. These Elves think they are so especial and so forth, but they're like the rest of the self righteous racist scum.
I really wanted Geralt to kill him, but unfortunately he was interrupted.

Top Bottom