I'm stuck on Vernon Roch main quest glitch...(minor spoilers)

+
I'm stuck on Vernon Roch main quest glitch...(minor spoilers)

I can not continue the main storyline. I am stuck on "talk to Vernon Roch in camp" quest. He is standing by the fire but I can't talk to him Many people are having this issue, and have been for a while now. I have tried different techniques such as fast traveling to freya gardens but nothing seems to work. This is especially frustrating because if I do all side quests for awhile I end up being too far ahead in lvl for the main quest when I do them later on. Has anyone from Projektred responded to this issue?

Same bug here, can't progress with the story because of this bug.
No cutscene when entering partisan camp fo the first time.

Similar bug to me. I went to the camp before 1.07 patch and the quest told me to meet him by the bridge. right after I installed 1.07 patch there's nobody at the spot. So I went back to the camp and got the same cutscene again! Though I can still talk to him I have no yellow option to proceed the main story and he just doesn't go to the bridge. I guess no way to solve it unless they release another patch.

Its happening for me aswell i cannot do it its buged i cant talk to him or nothing its a brilliant game but if it s got bugs in should it get tens on game reviews...

Have the same bug. Updated to 1.07 after only one or two hours of playing. Tried everything - meditating, using fast travel, loding a save before I was told to talk with Roche (get junior quest) etc. Nothing worked. I also don't have enough spare time to start a new game. Hope the 1.08 patch will come soon and fix this bug, even for those who have this quest active.

Have you tried winning the gwent card from Dijkstra and getting the quest to win a card from Roche? Maybe that will force him into dialogue, I dunno.

Same here, and I'm deeper in the story. I don't think it's gamebreaking, but I'd like to at least try to recruit him before moving in on rescuing Ciri. I also need to play him in Gwent for Gwent Quest: Old Pals.

Yeah, this is annoying... a major bug, can't continue the main quest. Such a brilliant game, hope they will fix this soon...

I found a post on Reddit describing a possible solution - it suppose to be on this forum to.

I will just copy-paste it - if it works all thanks should go to Dom_CLB.

Dom_CBL(x-post from a thread I just made on the CDPR forums, hope it helps people here too)
After installing 1.07 on my PS4 I too had this annoying bug many of us are experiencing at the moment. Roche just stood at his campfire and I couldn't interact with him to start the 'Eye for an Eye' or 'Gwent: Old Pals' quests I had open in my quest log, and since I had been doing other stuff in the game for a while I didn't have an old enough save (before you get to know about Roche and his partisan camp and before you uncover the fast travel point an cave) to load which apparently fixes the problem too.

What worked for me and finally let me speak to him was this:
WARNING: (minor) spoilers ahead obviously

• complete Triss' questline and its last mission is 'Now or Never'
  • get the 'A Deadly Plot' quest from Dijkstra (automatically given to you either at the Novigrad docks or in front of the Lighthouse after the previous quest) and meet Dijkstra and Roche at the Passiflora
  • meditate for a day (quite possibly not necessary, but I did this so I mention it here too)
  • fast travel back to Roches camp, he will be there and you should be able to finally interact with him
My guess would be that the Roche bug fixes itself as soon as you start another quest or get another cutscene involving him, so this might fix the annoying stuck Roche bug for you also during the 'Get Junior' quest and/or on different platforms. I can't confirm that obviously, but it's surely worth a try.
Hope this helps and good luck.

Please give your feedback if this works, so that others may know.

You can only complete Triss' questline after you complete the get junior quest (and, in order to do that, you need to talk to Roche).

A question to you : Have you been to Skellige befor doing the Novigrad Quests ?

I my case this bug occured because I did some quests at Skellige first (just the main plot plus the Last Wish quest). When I was back to do the Novigrad quests I didn't get the cutscene after that you can talk to him.

So I loaded an old game save before Skellige and tadaa - I got the cutscene and could talk to Roche (though I had no quests concerning him at this point).
Then I went to Skellige, did the quests mentioned above, then went back to Novigrad. Roche was still there and I could talk to him, play Gwent.

So maybe, just maybe, going to Skellige befor going to the temerian camp is one of the reasons for this bug.

Same issue in the Brothers in arms quest. I can't continue the game at this point. Incredibly frustrating. C'mon CDPR fix this please!

Same bug here. Didnt go to skellige, just ramdonly bumped at Roche`s camp exploring Velen/Novigrad and didnt get the cutscene anymore.

Alredy did every side quest, every POI and im stuck at the main quest. Very frustating. Was going for 100% completion at DM difficult and I dont have previous saves since I found Partisans camp way before getting any main quest at Novigrad.

People report this bug since vanilla and no fix yet, so I guess i just screwed my 50Hrs long save. Not really sure i have the time to do everything again, so I guess The Witcher 3 is going to stand aside at least the release of the two DLC`s.

Last edited:
With me the bug appeared after 1.07. Before that I could speak with him. Now I can't complete Brother in Arms.

Top Bottom