Texture popin, and loading fade...

+
Texture popin, and loading fade...

...is out of control. It's so damn bad that most of the time in novigrad I'm looking at fuzzy walls. Forget about running through the city. Sometimes it actually takes a few seconds for the textures to load in properly.

Also the screen fade the game does to hide loading is happening way too much more often. I just had It happening every few seconds during a really important cut scene to the point I just turned the thing off.

Also idk if it's new or always been there but indoors the corners of the screen are darkened. As if looking at an old photo. It's not my tv and it's only indoors. Is it supposed to be like this? I hadn't noticed it before the new patch.

I got this game first week of June and I have to say it's in ALOT worse state then it was when I got it. I guess the days of consoles=stable gaming are long gone.

I should have stuck to my code of never buying new games and waiting like a year but I thought this one would be ok. I love the game when it works good and I really wanna buy the exp pass which us odd cuz I'm against those thing totally. However in this state I def won't be buying another thing towards this game unless they address all these issues.

Last edited:
.it's so damn bad that most of the time in novigrad i'm looking at fuzzy walls. Forget about running through the city. Sometimes it actually takes a few seconds for the textures to load in properly.

Also the screen fade the game does to hide loading is happening way too much more often. I just had it happening every few seconds during a really important cut scene to the point i just turned the thing off.

this! +1

Yeah, that's awful.
And all because of 1.07 patch. CDPR doing something strange with settings again.

I agree with that. Performance before patch 1.07 was a lot better than now. I have seen also all those issue including flying from the sky and black spots in the world map and mini map. I though games would be stables....

Also I am having Issues with some quest (Vernon Roche quest).. Is really disappointing a game for a console with all this BUGS and performance issues...

The only explanation is that CDPR is incompetent, since the release of patch 1.03 the game has progressively gotten worse, especially in regards to technical issues.

I wish there was the option to go back to version 1.02, but on consoles at least there is no recourse. I'm glad that I've stayed with version 1.05 and not updated to 1.07, since it seems that it has caused nothing but further issues for most people. Plus I enjoy using the slow walk when in a village and since that has now been removed from the game due to bugs it would frustrate me no end.

Yeah, the Texture/Vegetation/NPC-popin wasn't a Problem for me prior to Patch 1.03 and it didn't get any better.
At this Point I've disabled Auto-Updates and I'm not completely believing the "Fixes" listed in their Changelogs anymore. If you didn't play since Release, ust look up all Changelogs since 1.03 and the detailed Patch Reviews and you'll see what I mean.
They should just explain their Situation to us and the (real/adult) Fans/Members would understand, but staying silent is never good and the Silence got almost deafening since 1.07 was released.

The only thing I came across was :
"If you are playing on PC with console cheats & mods enabled, this may be the reason of some bugs & glitches you are experiencing in 1.07.

— Marcin Momot (@Marcin360)"

But what about PS4 and Xbone?

Greetings.

I made a thread about the dark corners (vignette effect) earlier. I'm sure IT wasn't present before the patch, it's really noticeable now.

The same thing.
After the battle of Kaer morhen when te camera was near Geralts face, I saw loading Lambert textures, who was standing behind.

At Novigrad it's impossible to run, loading textures for a couple seconds, then run, again loading. Even inside inn, if it's rainy it was freezing for a couple of secons though the dialog scene.

I didn't have such problems since 19 of May till the release of 1.07 patch.

Please, fix it.

Something wrong with draw of distance now. It's look like a PS2 game!
I really hope that this is the bug and they will fix it in 1.08, not another intentional downgrade.

[video=youtube;GL-oeoqCYdI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL-oeoqCYdI[/video]

Who knows? Maybe their strategy is to downgrade the game, then in one of the patches at a later date they up the draw-distance,unlock the framerate again and such, giving us the effect of upgrading things but in actuality they just tuned it back up to prior patch 1.03 levels :mellow:
Don't mind me, just adjusting my tin-foil hat over here.

Top Bottom