Removed Omelette Quest for Yennefer restored!

+
The dialogue is sweet and flirtaceus. It sounds weird if you romanced Triss. That's why i think it should be for Yen only.
I checked this scene with Triss romance - Yen ask to cook Vesemir, light off.

---------- Post merged on 31-07-2015 at 12:00 AM ----------

Can you add something else, like meat, and Cook?
If cook only meat without eggs - Gerlat will destroy it by burning. If only eggs or add some ingredients, but not all requested - Yen wouldn't happy. If all - she will be very happy.

I'm a Triss fan and would never complain about adding this really cute scene by a hotfix for example. Why should I ?
Being #TeamTriss doesn't mean I don't grant #TeamYen additional Yen scenes. Especially when they are as lovely as this one!

So : +1 for adding this scene.

Well if it had been in the base game it would have been a further part of the one sided Kaer morhen romance treatment and I would probably have reacted more negatively. However Restoring it for yen romancers alongside the announced Triss fixes I'd be much more positive too.

Damn, why do you think that?

How shall I put it? Well, it's "trying too hard" if you get what I mean.

But I stand to correct myself. It turns Geralt even more into a caricature. I mean, a 100 years old guy who lives in the wilderness and has to cook something for himself practically every day doesn't even know how to cook basic things? The witchers live together in Kaer Morhen for the whole winter without having any cook around but Geralt doesn't even know how to make some eggs? Haha, yeah, sure, it's for the laughs, for a few cheap puns and references. Well, not made for me, so I'm glad it got cut....

But I stand to correct myself. It turns Geralt even more into a caricature. I mean, a 100 years old guy who lives in the wilderness and has to cook something for himself practically every day doesn't even know how to cook basic things? The witchers live together in Kaer Morhen for the whole winter without having any cook around but Geralt doesn't even know how to make some eggs? Haha, yeah, sure, it's for the laughs, for a few cheap puns and references. Well, not made for me, so I'm glad it got cut....

Geralt eats in taverns when he's on the path. Typically room and board is provided by whoever hires him.

It seems to me that you have received it too literally. He didn't say he didn't know how to cook, but he is a bad cook, and this is a fundamental difference. After all he did it without a manual "step by step", right ?

Geralt eats in taverns when he's on the path. Typically room and board is provided by whoever hires him.
Only part of the time. Pretty often nobody hires Geralt and gives him any room. And while he went around with his party in the books they were in the wilderness every day. And finally, while the witchers are in Kaer Morhen there is no cook around.

---------- Updated at 01:09 AM ----------

It seems to me that you have received it too literally. He didn't say he didn't know how to cook, but he is a bad cook, and this is a fundamental difference. After all he did it without a manual "step by step", right ?

It just doesn't work for me. It's kind of "superficial", just there "for the pun". Like I said, it's trying too hard to be edgy and funny imo. The cooking thing is just one elements of that.

Top Bottom