New Game+ is coming it seems

+
I wouldn't doubt they will do something like Dark Mode later. I think that would be more like a year away.

So what will carry over? Will my weapons, armour, potions, food, mutagens, ores, gems, ingots like silver, steel, dark iron, crafting componets and etc. What about money and items I have stored on my person and in the chest. Will that carry over? I just want to know what exactly carries over, because the explanation was very vague.

Last edited:
Those dictionaries don't dictate how someone uses the acronym. Also I have learned that people who attack or bring up "grammar" are the people who are trolling because they know they've lost the "argument". You must be one of those people desperate to change the topic from one that you feel is a "fight" and feel "forced" (when you're not) to read.

I wasn't arguing, If you looked I wasn't the person who posted the original about it being "humble" or "honest". All I was doing was saying I've only know it as "humble" and lots of people as per votes of urban dictionary have. When you told someone on the forum he must be some odd ball that uses it as humble.

It was more a "yeah I know it as humble" than some attack at you as you seem to interpret. My grammars shit anyways so I wouldn't judge anyone for that.

I am still curious if it's a one time NG+ or will it be infinite because what's the point of having infinite (well just 33,000+ levels) if you can never reach beyond 40 in the vanilla play and then another what 40 levels in ONE NG+ mode? I think it would be easiest to do "infinite" NG+ by simply having a quest appear somewhere in a loop (appears every time you beat the main story) that is like say "Geralt we need you in X place. Will you go?" and then if you select "Yes" then Geralt is shown riding off into the sunset and the story starts again. That would be easy to loops. Then for monster levels, you don't need anything because if they max out at 80 and they all from level 1-80 give 0-3 exp anyway you can set NG+ mode to always give exp anyway (for monster kills explicitly) forever and since from level 30+ Geralt needs only 2,000 exp per level. Boom set and make the monsters in NG+ finally respawn instead of not. Or you could easily code each monster as well to add 20 levels every NG+ on a loop to always go higher.

also you can easily make all contracts respawn after a week of Geralts time (not real time) and do them over again.

Last edited:
... trolling because they know they've lost the "argument". You must ...
I hope you realise the irony of this post...

Anyway, another fact I'm quite excited about (don't know if other people have realised this yet), but in NG+ you'll level slower!

Thing is, in a NG, the first 10 levels are 500xp, the second 10 levels are 1000xp, and only after 30 do you need 2000xp.
In NG+, you'll start by needing 2000xp. What i'm thinking is that you'll actually need to either do a bunch of sidequests to gain enough exp for the main quest, or do the main quest with red enemies!! thus increasing the difficulty!

Cool, no? interested what others think about this!

Last edited:
If they wanted to make a new "mode" why not making an all different "action-adventure lore/story-mode"?

In that mode you start on a certain level (e.g. 35) and you can assign your abilities from the start. After that there is no leveling and you don't get XP for anything. You always stay on the same high level. You are Geralt, the experienced monster hunter. You are one of the best fighters in the world and there are few who could beat you. But you also can't learn much more than what you're already capable of. All you can get is slightly better equipment, better armor and better swords. And better potions. Every monster you encounter is dangerous but a griffin or basilisk is always a high danger, no matter where you are. A wolf or drowner is always not a big deal (at least if not in groups), no matter where you are. That way every enemy in the game would be theoretically perfectly balanced without "gamification" stuff like drowners being super strong at one place and much less so just a few hundred meters away at another place. Since you always stay on the same level, enemies do so as well.Fighting against a griffin for example is always highly dangerous, no matter if you tackle it in the first hour or after 100 hours. It's e.g. always on level 40, no matter where it is on the map. Basically this "action-adventure lore/story" mode takes the leveling/RPG aspect out of the game and introduces a story and lore focused Geralt and a perfectly balanced world instead. It would of course be completely optional and you could still the game like it is now. But instead of a pointless NG+ (which is pretty much the same but with higher numbers...) you'd have a pretty different experience. And since it's pretty "easy" to balance the game if you always stay on the same level they could also make this mode really difficult, above death march, to get the player a real feeling of danger and mortality.

Too bad they took the easy route with a pretty conventional NG+ mode instead that is even less creative and fresh than Dark Mode in TW2...

CDPR has done us all a great service... I've been in this topic since day 1 and I'm loving this... can't wait to play again with my super Geralt!

So what will carry over? Will my weapons, armour, potions, food, mutagens, ores, gems, ingots like silver, steel, dark iron, crafting componets and etc. What about money and items I have stored on my person and in the chest. Will that carry over? I just want to know what exactly carries over, because the explanation was very vague.
all except usable items(potions, foods, oils, and everything in that category of your inventory), books/letters, quest items, gwent cards, trophies. all of the alchemy items and weapons stay-so you can easily prepare the materials for potions, oils and mutagens, decoctions, etc. and then make them after starting NG+

If they wanted to make a new "mode" why not making an all different "action-adventure lore/story-mode"?

In that mode you start on a certain level (e.g. 35) and you can assign your abilities from the start. After that there is no leveling and you don't get XP for anything. You always stay on the same high level. You are Geralt, the experienced monster hunter. You are one of the best fighters in the world and there are few who could beat you. But you also can't learn much more than what you're already capable of. All you can get is slightly better equipment, better armor and better swords. And better potions. Every monster you encounter is dangerous but a griffin or basilisk is always a high danger, no matter where you are. A wolf or drowner is always not a big deal (at least if not in groups), no matter where you are. That way every enemy in the game would be theoretically perfectly balanced without "gamification" stuff like drowners being super strong at one place and much less so just a few hundred meters away at another place. Since you always stay on the same level, enemies do so as well.Fighting against a griffin for example is always highly dangerous, no matter if you tackle it in the first hour or after 100 hours. It's e.g. always on level 40, no matter where it is on the map. Basically this "action-adventure lore/story" mode takes the leveling/RPG aspect out of the game and introduces a story and lore focused Geralt and a perfectly balanced world instead. It would of course be completely optional and you could still the game like it is now. But instead of a pointless NG+ (which is pretty much the same but with higher numbers...) you'd have a pretty different experience. And since it's pretty "easy" to balance the game if you always stay on the same level they could also make this mode really difficult, above death march, to get the player a real feeling of danger and mortality.

Too bad they took the easy route with a pretty conventional NG+ mode instead that is even less creative and fresh than Dark Mode in TW2...

Actually, this idea has merit for a dark mode.

What if... Dark mode was NG++? I mean, the level cap is 70, right? (or 100, if rumours about expansions are to be believed, although personally, I think a level cap higher than 70 would break the game forever)

In NG++ ('daako modo'), you start with your NG+ witcher, which is no doubt at 70, or close to, and the level cap remains at 70. You can't get any higher. And all enemies you encounter are as you describe. All dogs and other such mess like bandit humans and pirates are at level 75, all more advanced humans and drowners and wraiths etc. 80, all guards and advanced beasts like elemntals or noonwraiths and stuff are 85 and really big beasts like griffins, basilisks, chorts, bosses are 90.

You don't grow, and have all but experience and a full skillset to rely on. And enemies which SHOULD pose a danger at all times actually do.
The only progress you make is in learning new battle tactics and earning dark armor.

The more I think about this, the more I like it! Really good post, scholdarr!

all except usable items(potions, foods, oils, and everything in that category of your inventory), books/letters, quest items, gwent cards, trophies. all of the alchemy items and weapons stay-so you can easily prepare the materials for potions, oils and mutagens, decoctions, etc. and then make them after starting NG+

lol no, everything that you have made that is non quest related will stay accept for the majority of the gwent cards you bought or won in non quests.

Actually, this idea has merit for a dark mode.

What if... Dark mode was NG++? I mean, the level cap is 70, right? (or 100, if rumours about expansions are to be believed, although personally, I think a level cap higher than 70 would break the game forever)

In NG++ ('daako modo'), you start with your NG+ witcher, which is no doubt at 70, or close to, and the level cap remains at 70. You can't get any higher. And all enemies you encounter are as you describe. All dogs and other such mess like bandit humans and pirates are at level 75, all more advanced humans and drowners and wraiths etc. 80, all guards and advanced beasts like elemntals or noonwraiths and stuff are 85 and really big beasts like griffins, basilisks, chorts, bosses are 90.

You don't grow, and have all but experience and a full skillset to rely on. And enemies which SHOULD pose a danger at all times actually do.
The only progress you make is in learning new battle tactics and earning dark armor.

The more I think about this, the more I like it! Really good post, scholdarr!

whoever started the rumor the max level was 70 is full of it. Hackers who hack the game for exp have a in game lock given to them. Sort of like a punishment. There are "unlimited" levels. The hackers get a level cap of 70.
http://www.gamepur.com/news/19027-w...l-cap-patch-105-pc-not-coming-today-cdpr.html

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-3-has-no-level-cap/1100-6427778/

and there are more.

Last edited:
lol no, everything that you have made that is non quest related will stay accept for the majority of the gwent cards you bought or won in non quests.

What carries over?
Player experience (if you're below level 30 when finishing the vanilla game, you will be bumped to level 30 for the start of NG+), items (excluding: quest items, books & letters, Gwent cards, usable items, trophies), money and alchemy recipes.

oils, potions, and food are part of the "Usable Items' section in the inventory.

What carries over?
Player experience (if you're below level 30 when finishing the vanilla game, you will be bumped to level 30 for the start of NG+), items (excluding: quest items, books & letters, Gwent cards, usable items, trophies), money and alchemy recipes.

oils, potions, and food are part of the "Usable Items' section in the inventory.

They already said in an interview that potions will come with you.

whoever started the rumor the max level was 70 is full of it. Hackers who hack the game for exp have a in game lock given to them. Sort of like a punishment. There are "unlimited" levels. The hackers get a level cap of 70.
http://www.gamepur.com/news/19027-w...l-cap-patch-105-pc-not-coming-today-cdpr.html

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-3-has-no-level-cap/1100-6427778/

and there are more.

Read the interviews, they are pretty dated... Not that I don't believe you. But maybe they meant that 'you can't reacht he level cap within one playthrough', since at that point, there was no discussing NG+...

And also, why would they go to the trouble of differentiating between hackers and a normal game?

In any case, kind of irrelevant what they cap it at. My dark mode idea remains the same. Whatever the REDs decide to cap at, if they were to do it that way.

I wonder if all the bonus skill points from places of power and the magical acorn will also carry over..

Look it up, it's all over the place. You should already know this information.

I can't find no official interview... all I can see are news articles compiled from the forum information... so source plz.

They can't really do that since there is a huge difficulty spike between lvl 75 and lvl 76 enemies if Geralt's level is fixed @70, due to the "red enemy" multiplier. Assume a bunch of wolves is lvl 75 and the pack leading warg is 76, while each wolf has for instance 10k HP the warg has at least 80k, does 5 times the dmg and while all wolves burn a 100% the warg is completely immune... sounds like an unreasonable spike, no?
Even without that system TW3 would make a piss-poor Action-Adventure in it's current state... just because there is no level up does not mean there is no character progression, you usually acquire skills/items that help you progress through the game, find hidden goodies etc. that would be completely absent from TW3s adventure mode. There is also the motivation problem... people complain about quest not being rewarding, due to low XP gain... now consider this in an NG++ scenario, where all quests yield 0 XP you have no need for money, or any of the other drops.

I do think that this game was better off as an (story driven) Action-Adventure, or an RPG without leveling, if it was designed from the ground up to be like that, but simply disabling character progression, will not do it...
And while some people in here claim that buffing the Gwent Decks of a few NPCs and coming up with some new rewards, is already asking for a completely new game... a proper Adventure mode actually is, it's certainly way more effort than reset quests and adjust the min level of mobs.

They can't really do that since there is a huge difficulty spike between lvl 75 and lvl 76 enemies if Geralt's level is fixed @70, due to the "red enemy" multiplier. Assume a bunch of wolves is lvl 75 and the pack leading warg is 76, while each wolf has for instance 10k HP the warg has at least 80k, does 5 times the dmg and while all wolves burn a 100% the warg is completely immune... sounds like an unreasonable spike, no?
Even without that system TW3 would make a piss-poor Action-Adventure in it's current state... just because there is no level up does not mean there is no character progression, you usually acquire skills/items that help you progress through the game, find hidden goodies etc. that would be completely absent from TW3s adventure mode. There is also the motivation problem... people complain about quest not being rewarding, due to low XP gain... now consider this in an NG++ scenario, where all quests yield 0 XP you have no need for money, or any of the other drops.

I do think that this game was better off as an (story driven) Action-Adventure, or an RPG without leveling, if it was designed from the ground up to be like that, but simply disabling character progression, will not do it...
And while some people in here claim that buffing the Gwent Decks of a few NPCs and coming up with some new rewards, is already asking for a completely new game... a proper Adventure mode actually is, it's certainly way more effort than reset quests and adjust the min level of mobs.

You have your point ....But i rather have this ng+ mode than without it ....Of course they will readjust the xp and difficulty and hope that it will be more bandits and harder , monsters , wolves , boars , bears I wish for more wild and dangerous animals (every further NG or leveI hope it will have 1-X wherewolves and harder , where Ekimmara's I hope it will be more , and bosses should have more extended fases not only 3.)...And essentially all who had played are on 30-35 level by now ...and is not actually matters much that you will be capped at level 70 but maybe you will gain lesser xp and ....but npc's and bosses and foes will be capped around Gerald's level +10-15 lvl .It's all around Gerald's level . ....So it's not enough ?And not to mention it is a NG+ and you can dissable ....Maybe it will take weeks before we will have it .

For me the game should have the sistem of a Wild Hunt Arena in around Gerald's level so it will increase the stamina , damage , fases, number , variety , xp , level of foes on 4 NG+ .And if Geralds will not have a cap level , so progresivelly on it's level all other factors will increase.And yes this includes that talent points will not be caped at all with numbers (example 2, 3 , 5)

Last edited:
Top Bottom