Windows 10, who has updated?

+
Windows 10, who has updated?

Hey guys so Windows 10 is out and rolling, who has upgraded?

Yes I know there is a post about it somewhere but the search function hates me so :p
They are releasing in waves and mine is not ready yet, I'm pretty excited to see how it all goes. I doubt that i will make use of the variety of features but it will be fun to have a look. I skipped that win 8 buisness because it sounded like a flop and it was, it was all about touch screens and thats not a computer to be honest lol. Win 10 sounds like they have moved on from the gay touch screen hangup and have focused on a better desktop experience. In built VR features sound really cool too we will see how it all goes.

Has anyone got to play around with it yet?

havent updated yet, i am still happy with my Windows 7, maybe i will do it later........

EDIT:
by the way R.I.P Solitaire, 1990-2015

New version of Solitaire comes with Windows 10, it plays ads that run over the full Solitaire window, some for 15 seconds and some for 30 seconds. There is no way around them, other than to spend money.

Someone quoted to this with the sentence:
“Our dystopian society is even more nightmarish than any sci-fi author predicted.”

Last edited:
“Microsoft collects information about you, your devices, applications and networks, and your use of those devices, applications and networks. Examples of data we collect include your name, email address, preferences and interests; browsing, search and file history; phone call and SMS data; device configuration and sensor data; and application usage.”

stuff like this scares me so i'm still not sure if i will upgrade or not

I thought the same, but after all in our modern society, everyone is stealing and hoarding personal informations

I agree. It is strange that information thievery isn't even considered a crime nowadays. (It is like, "we inform you that we will steal your information on user agreement even if we use vague terms, so it is legal.) I just updated to Windows 10, then I formatted my whole drive and made a clean install.. (then I turned off a lot of forced settings to prevent most of the spying MS does) It runs well for now.. As I like many things about this new operating system, there are many things I really hate.. (like forced updates) But hey, at least it was free..

I agree. It is strange that information thievery isn't even considered a crime nowadays. (It is like, "we inform you that we will steal your information on user agreement even if we use vague terms, so it is legal.) I just updated to Windows 10, then I formatted my whole drive and made a clean install.. (then I turned off a lot of forced settings to prevent most of the spying MS does) It runs well for now.. As I like many things about this new operating system, there are many things I really hate.. (like forced updates) But hey, at least it was free..

Indeed strange, considering how much worth the datas of people are, when you get the informatons for example of 1000 people, you already get a big bunch of money. There are even statistics about how much your informations are worth in dollar, pretty interesting

Indeed strange, considering how much worth the datas of people are, when you get the informatons for example of 1000 people, you already get a big bunch of money. There are even statistics about how much your informations are worth in dollar, pretty interesting

It is both curious and somewhat scary.. (It makes me think that perhaps I should stop looking for a job and just start an evil corporation.. Even if business doesn't go so well, I could still get rich.. :D I will need bunch of lackeys and henchman, also I think I will need an evil base, but I am sure it would work out.)

By the way, I thought I should let people know, after I made a fresh install to a new HDD, I didn't even need to enter my production key, Windows 10 just automatically activated itself.. Thats.. kind of nice I guess.. How do they know though? How can they know this is the same computer? Even though it is convenient, it is also a bit creepy as well.

Forum veteran
by the way R.I.P Solitaire, 1990-2015

Upgrading for a year costs more than just buying a deck of real cards.

I'd sooner castrate myself with a rusty spoon than endure crap like this in Windows 10. Also, I have a lot to hide, so them snooping around and knowing what files I access is a no-no. My furry double life is for me and my fuzzy squirrel suit friends alone.

Upgrading for a year costs more than just buying a deck of real cards.

How so? It is still free after a year.. They said so.. Or did you mean something else?

I'd sooner castrate myself with a rusty spoon than endure crap like this in Windows 10.

Thats... a little... well.. errr... I don't know... I want to erase my mind and pretend I never read that.. Even the thought of it so painful..

Also, I have a lot to hide, so them snooping around and knowing what files I access is a no-no. My furry double life is for me and my fuzzy squirrel suit friends alone.

So.. like this?

I don't know what to say... Squirrel costumes are creepy 99% of the time..

Wait, maybe I am wrong.. This one is kind of cute..

I take that back.. Just look at those dead eyes..

Forum veteran
How so? It is still free after a year.. They said so.. Or did you mean something else?
I was talking about the "premium" solitaire upgrade. Upgrading to remove ads for just one year costs more than a deck of cards with which you can play solitaire and any number of other card games for free, forever. Because logic.

Wait, maybe I am wrong.. This one is kind of cute..
Her eyes aren't dead enough. That's what makes squirrel costumes so sexy, obviously. And what's with that pose? It's like she started doing The Thinker, then realized she was in a squirrel costume right before the photographer took the picture and instinctively half-duckfaced. Or maybe she has that Dr. Strangelove thing going on and she's viciously attacking herself in the picture. Either way, I'm intrigued. That may very well be the new Mona Lisa that captivates humanity hundreds of years into the future.

whoa.........yesterday on this site it was all about Ponies, today its Furries................when we finally get news in 2017 and CD reactivates the dead news section, they wont recognize this forum anymore.....CD be like: "what the hell! Didnt we create a cyberpunk forum a few years ago? Why is it now the official Pony forum? and why is everyone wearing animal costumes? Some many questions for CD....it will be quiet a shock

and we will just be like: "You came looking for cyberpunk *nuzzles*? Wrong page, no cyberpunk here *licks his paw* You came to the wrong neighborhood! *snuggle*"

and CD reactivates the dead news section, they wont recognize this forum anymore.....CD be like: "what the hell! [/IMG]

I told them it's alllllll fine oer here. No need to come look. Crazy idea.

So my WIndows 10 is running nicely - font issues aside.

whoa.........yesterday on this site it was all about Ponies, today its Furries................when we finally get news in 2017 and CD reactivates the dead news section, they wont recognize this forum anymore.....CD be like: "what the hell! Didnt we create a cyberpunk forum a few years ago? Why is it now the official Pony forum? and why is everyone wearing animal costumes? Some many questions for CD....it will be quiet a shock

and we will just be like: "You came looking for cyberpunk *nuzzles*? Wrong page, no cyberpunk here *licks his paw* You came to the wrong neighborhood! *snuggle*"

Yeah, it will be like Cyberpunk, but with furries..

Yeah! Take that CDPR! Thats what you get for not visiting the CP77 forums for years and not giving us any news whatsoever!!

(Actually, now that I think about it, you could turn yourself into a furry in CP2020.. There is a section for something similar in the rulebook.. Go figure.. :D )

I told them it's alllllll fine over here. No need to come look. Crazy idea.

So my Windows 10 is running nicely - font issues aside.

Try going to settings, then select system, after that on display section you will see "advanced display settings", click on that and at the bottom you will see some options, go mess with them, they might fix that problem of yours.. (first, try messing with "ClearType text", if that doesn't work, try other settings as well) Hope that helps.

(Actually, now that I think about it, you could turn yourself into a furry in CP2020.. There is a section for something similar in the rulebook.. Go figure.. :D )

oh.....you are bringing back some dark memories......but i can proudly say that i never used them in any game.............that shit creeped me out back in the days

Try going to settings, then select system, after that on display section you will see "advanced display settings", click on that and at the bottom you will see some options, go mess with them, they might fix that problem of yours.. (first, try messing with "ClearType text", if that doesn't work, try other settings as well) Hope that helps.

Yeah, I've tried that and a couple other things as well. Something to do with 4K and Windows 10 and certain applications. Doesn't scale the DPI really well.

Yeah, I've tried that and a couple other things as well. Something to do with 4K and Windows 10 and certain applications. Doesn't scale the DPI really well.

In that case, to me it seems like a GPU driver issue.. Are you using a NVIDIA graphics card? I am asking because when I first installed Windows 10, I installed the GPU drivers from the updates menu and everything looked really blurry.. No matter what I tried, issue persisted.. (including but not limited to downloading drivers from NVIDIA website) But then I tried to install the beta drivers and everything looks good now..

I might be wrong though.

oh.....you are bringing back some dark memories......but i can proudly say that i never used them in any game.............that shit creeped me out back in the days

I never used them either.. I keep those memories in a dark corner of my brain.. (and I only keep them for future reference)

Top Bottom