Triss Merigold (all spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the thing people don't seem to understand. Yen doesn't need more screen time, Yen needs different screen time. I'm talking from the perspective of the plot in hindsight by the way. Yen is vital to certain parts of the plot. Triss, especially if romanced, is vital to parts of the protagonist's personal background and development. They're both equally important, just important to different areas of the story being told. What you have is, in effect, two stories running concurrently though this game. Geralt's search for his daughter and Geralt's relationship with both Triss and Yennefer. It's the love story that suffers from a lack of screen time with Triss.

She really isn't. She is pretty much irrelevant both to the plot of the game and to Geralt's development.

In fact her "romance" is analogous to Geralt's fling with Fringilla. Both happened under false pretenses and both ended the moment the waters became clean, with no fall out or impact on Geralt (apart from strenghtening his devotion to Yen). The difference is that there is no fanservice choice in the books.

In the books,but not in TW1.In the game Triss and Shani's romances were equally important.
Eh, at least in the books Geralt had consensual sex with Shani...

In the books,but not in TW1.In the game Triss and Shani's romances were equally important.

That's true, and i already said that what they did with Shani was wrong.
That doesn't mean Triss deserve the same treatment! They've done wrong in the past, and they will address the issue now.

Besides, Shani will be in one of the expansion so CDPR will probably do something about that. A little late, true, but better than nothing i think.

I meant games and books. Both of them, Geralt had real feelings to Triss which you cant say about Shani. As I said, she was one of hundreds :p Triss was one of two ;)

In the games Geralt has an amnesia,so both women have equal chances in them.His feelings for Triss in the books were IMO strictly platonic.And again if we're taking the books into account Triss and Shani had equal(zero) chances in them,because of Yennefer :p

That's true, and i already said that what they did with Shani was wrong.
That doesn't mean Triss deserve the same treatment! They've done wrong in the past, and they will address the issue now.

Besides, Shani will be in one of the expansion so CDPR will probably do something about that. A little late, true, but better than nothing i think.

They really didn't do anything wrong, they just continued with the story they wanted to tell with some clever retcons. It looked like they wanted to do the same with TW3, but alas, fanservice got better of them.

People really need stop thinking like "romances" are somehow immune to the writing and will last until the end of time regardless of anything.

It's a part of the story that is supposed to serve it, not some feature people are entitled to.

Last edited:
In the games Geralt has an amnesia,so both women have equal chances in them.His feelings for Triss in the books were IMO strictly platonic.And again if we're taking the books into account Triss and Shani had equal(zero) chances in them,because of Yennefer :p

Geralt saw that Triss loves him and does everything for him. You know what is the problem with your opinion on Geralts amnesia? That it is biased by reading the books. No, really. Geralt should have the amnesia but you didnt :p Every decision in the first two games your feelings belonged only to Yennefer, but thats wrong. Because Geralt doesnt even know about her. :p

What Geralt would REALLY do is: Finally see how much Triss loves him, Finally understand that she would die for him. Fall in love with her. :p All because he didnt remember Yennefer.

I dont agree with that :/ If you want more time with her only thing I can say is read the books. Please, dont kill me now, this was only advice.
There is ton of information in the books, it would make no sense for them to recreate it.

Well I guess me talking about screentime like that is wrong, what I really mean is that Yenn has a bigger focus as part of the finding Ciri plot and should be treated as such, maybe that doesn't necessarily mean more screentime.

I don't mean that Yenn should get more screentime because she didn't get any in the first two games, that's not at all what I meant, sorry.

Geralt saw that Triss loves him and does everything for him. You know what is the problem with your opinion on Geralts amnesia? That it is biased by reading the books. No, really. Geralt should have the amnesia but you didnt :p Every decision in the first two games your feelings belonged only to Yennefer, but thats wrong. Because Geralt doesnt even know about her. :p

What Geralt would REALLY do is: Finally see how much Triss loves him, Finally understand that she would die for him. Fall in love with her. :p All because he didnt remember Yennefer.

In TW1 Triss shamelessly used Geralt in her political intrigues and was constantly hiding something from him.If I were Geralt I wouldn't trust her one bit :p

Last edited:
Well I guess me talking about screentime like that is wrong, what I really mean is that Yenn has a bigger focus as part of the finding Ciri plot and should be treated as such, maybe that doesn't necessarily mean more screentime.

I don't mean that Yenn should get more screentime because she didn't get any in the first two games, that's not at all what I meant, sorry.

Did you read the books?

Dont apologise mate :D Rather say what you DID mean instead. :D

Really? Did you even read the books? There was really low number of chapters where Triss was with Geralt (1). So no, you cant say that about Triss :p

I'm talking about her screentime as a whole,not her screentime with Geralt.In the books there's more information about Triss' personality and backround than in the whole game trilogy

People really need stop thinking like "romances" are somehow immune to the writing and will last until the end of time regardless of anything.
Great thing to hear from Yen fan ;D

In the games Geralt has an amnesia,so both women have equal chances in them.
Agreed. Though I never really liked Shani, I don't like what was done to her in TW2. And I'm happy same thing didn't happen to Triss in TW3, though it would be even less logical.

Agreed. Though I never really liked Shani, I don't like what was done to her in TW2. And I'm happy same thing didn't happen to Triss in TW3, though it would be even less logical.

I could care less about Shani or about Triss for that matter,but what happened to her in TW2 was just horrible.Good thing they didn't do the same with Triss in TW3.

---------- Updated at 05:38 PM ----------

Not a single bit.

And what about this conversation with a mirror lady?

Last edited:
I'm talking about her screentime as a whole,not her screentime with Geralt.In the books there's more information about Triss' personality and backround than in the whole game trilogy

Still incorrect, even when you combine books and games Triss still lacks a HUGE amount of information on her. Her private life at most. All we know basically from all the games and books is, that nothing can exceed her love to Geralt, that she would die for him, that she will do anything to help him, (all that is just extremely strong love to Geralt), very few of her attributes and that she was with the Lodge in the past. Although Yennefer has a TON more info on her in the games and books combined. :p

Still incorrect, even when you combine books and games Triss still lacks a HUGE amount of information on her. Her private life at most. All we know basically from all the games and books is, that nothing can exceed her love to Geralt, that she would die for him, that she will do anything to help him, (all that is just extremely strong love to Geralt), very few of her attributes and that she was with the Lodge in the past. Although Yennefer has a TON more info on her in the games and books combined. :p

Well,obviously.Triss was a minor character in the books.But she still has more screentime than Yen in the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom