+

Triss vs Yennefer [NOW WITH SPOILERS. Oh, well.]

• I like triss better

Votes: 269 49.5%
  • i like yen better

Votes: 200 36.8%
  • I like tris better, and from a RP point, I would have to go for yen

Votes: 49 9.0%
  • from a RP point, I'd go with triss aswell.

Votes: 25 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As for Yennefer VS Triss thing, in my book-rosed-lenses, I think it's better character development for her to not end up with Geralt. I love that she pounces on the chance to be with him and succeeds and everything is morally questionable and then when it comes down to it, it doesn't work out or whatever as it would in real life etc. No, personally, I think it'd better for her character to be an independent who matures and comes to accept circumstance rather than ~lalala happy got the boy~ thing.

Wasn't that pretty much the case for her til Geralt came back? up until you as the player chooses whether or not to ask her to stay.

I just mean that it does seem like she becomes the venerable triss, but it is up to you whether you want Geralt to be a part of that. Which is kinda why she will only stay if Geralt fully commits rather than half a*sing it. i think

Fanfic is true enough, though I didn't know they actually called it a sequel to the books. It continues them but is separate from them, it is their story and what they choose to write is just as relevant as what sapkowski wrote, at least when it comes to the games.

So while the books are important for lore when it comes to the games, the events that took place in them are not more important than what happens in the games. And to ignore the games in favor of the books while discussing the games is kinda silly. At least that is how I think some ppl might feel when other just use the books for their arguments. I could be wrong

Last edited:
Honestly,I don't really see any developement for Triss in the games.She does the same mistakes all over again.

Well, you should play the games then. ;)

---------- Updated at 11:54 AM ----------

In that particular message I definitely didn't talk about Triss in games :D

And yes, Triss has been developed in games, but not in that direction what we talked about with @mecha_fish

Nothing is forgotten, even Geralt get ridden of that excuse ;)

Especially Geralt forgived her, noone else matters, but Geralt forgived her. ;)

---------- Updated at 12:02 PM ----------

Dude, the games are literally the world's largest, most expensive fanfiction. You can't have fanfiction without the basis -- especially since this fanfiction proclaims that it's a sequel to the books. You dismiss them? Your loss. I digress, you want to talk games, so let's do that then.

Triss' character development, progressing from the books, still makes a bit of sense in that she could still become Venerable Triss. She immediately manipulates Geralt instead of sidling by, she's more involved with the Lodge, she does get up and do a lot of things that the books missed out on. I was hoping in tW3 that she'd actually be a formidable political power (idk the image of her murdering Menge in the trailer made me think she was vengeful and a huge beastie like Yennefer was in the books, i was so stoked) but she does a whole lot more personal stuff. I'm ok with this, though, I'd've thought she'd be more Venerable at some point in the story, that maybe they'd make some reference to that. She kinda does, but not what i've expected/hoped for.

As for Yennefer VS Triss thing, in my book-rosed-lenses, I think it's better character development for her to not end up with Geralt. I love that she pounces on the chance to be with him and succeeds and everything is morally questionable and then when it comes down to it, it doesn't work out or whatever as it would in real life etc. No, personally, I think it'd better for her character to be an independent who matures and comes to accept circumstance rather than ~lalala happy got the boy~ thing. I forsee her more likely to become the Venerable Triss i am totally obsessed with who i never got to see in the books if she was by herself and deeply rooted in politics rather settling down as some political advisor in a peaceful country with some hot dude.

This is the Witcher Forums, of which Witcher 3 is a subforum, so IMO it doesn't exclude the rest of the subject matter if that subject matter is relevant. And I laugh at your proclamation "what happened in the books is almost forgotten". What happened in the books drove the main plotline, what happened in the books is the basis for Yennefer's character and Geralt's relationship with her, and also as such for Triss. Just because people are discussing it doesn't mean you should silence them. :| it's poor form.

I've read all the books for your info. ;) You totally ignore Triss' feelings to Geralt "~lalala happy got the boy~" man, I laugh at this. She has pure feelings to Geralt, not what you are hinting. She doesnt deserve her love being unrequited IMO, she loves him desparately and with all her heart. :p

Sorry, its not forgotten, its forgiven. ;) For all what she has done for Geralt during the games, all what shes done bad is forgiven. :p

Especially Geralt forgived her, noone else matters, but Geralt forgived her. ;)

Did he said it in TW3 if player choosing Triss romance? Can't remember any statements on that.

BTW, can't remember if she asked for forgiveness explicitly, too. In TW2 she only told that she felt guilty over past deeds to Yen.

Did he said it in TW3 if player choosing Triss romance? Can't remember any statements on that.

BTW, can't remember if she asked for forgiveness explicitly, too. In TW2 she only told that she felt guilty over past deeds to Yen.

It is a high time CDPR explain about what exactly happen in one week after Loc Muine incident. Because IMO, in W3, Triss mention she took advantage of Geralt's amnesia like this have been already discuss between them....

If not, then it up for us to fill this hole :whistle:

When she "left" him at the docks, you can clearly see what is written in his eyes. ;)

It is a high time CDPR explain about what exactly happen in one week after Loc Muine incident. Because IMO, in W3, Triss mention she took advantage of Geralt's amnesia like this have been already discuss between them....

If not, then it up for us to fill this hole :whistle:

Man, I'd appreciate even really small amout of info on that. Though we can guess they "agreed" on being friends because Geralt needed to sort his feelings to two women and Triss didnt want to torture herself by standing on the edge anymore. :p

---------- Updated at 12:20 PM ----------

But he does not say it.. Big Difference.

It's your interpretation, but that's ok.

Oh, but he did: "I... I love you." and "I should have said it long ago." ;)

Yes if you force him :evil:
But he doesn't say it himself..That's a different scenario and not the same.

the game is based on player choice, the same can be said about choosing yen. In the end you are "forcing him" because he wouldn't say it otherwise. if you didn't force him, we would all be stuck in the prologue [ insert game ]

joking aside, you play as geralt in the games and your choices are his. So I guess it is up to the player to decide, but it seems to be implied if you choose to have them settle down. Is she forgiven in the books? IDK ask Sapkowski

Last edited:
Well, its not same if he says himself, i forgive you before the romance, or the player choose " i love you".
Yes, he will forgive her, when he romances her but thats a bit different.
Thats the points. not more, and not less.

@LionOfVenice
+1 for your signature !

Well, its not same if he says himself, i forgive you before the romance, or the player choose " i love you".

I don't even know what the point is anymore, but it's also the player's choice to not forgive her, though maybe it could have been addressed more clearly in the game if the Geralt goes with Yenn.

Some Geralt nerver forgive, some Geralt never forget.

But this is RPG game, so some Geralt can forgive, some Geralt can forget

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom